IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Is-f Pricing (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-07, 08:57 AM
genius1512
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is-f Pricing

Is this thing really gonna be 67k.....if so no one buy the damn thing.....I could grab an M3 and a brand new Sea-Doo for that much.....If its in the 50's....okay, but the over 60k range, there is better out there....Does anyone know whats going on, before it was 55k or so, now 12k more.....I just dont know if im going to buy this vehicle anymore?
Old 10-04-07, 09:05 AM
ffpowerLN
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is-f Pricing (merged threads)

If the NM version costs $68K how can a base IS-F cost $67K? The $67K is a direct converision form the JDM MSRP and we all know that cars in Japan cost way more than it does here. If one wants to find out about how much a base IS-F will cost then go to Lexus Japan's website, find out the IS350 price, compare that with US IS350's price then use the same ratio and $67K to calculate the base IS-F price.

Geez, use your head once a while before making such comments...
Old 10-04-07, 09:10 AM
MMD
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ffpower
If the NM version costs $68K how can a base IS-F cost $67K? The $67K is a direct converision form the JDM MSRP and we all know that cars in Japan cost way more than it does here. If one wants to find out about how much a base IS-F will cost then go to Lexus Japan's website, find out the IS350 price, compare that with US IS350's price then use the same ratio and $67K to calculate the base IS-F price.

Geez, use your head once a while before making such comments...

While you're at it, why don't you do the calculation and tell us what the cost of the IS-F will be???

I'm looking at the news today and the article on the Web says the car will cost $67,000. If Lexus doesn't want US customers to think the car will cost that much then they should be a lot more careful because they KNOW how hungry the market is for info on the IS-F and they KNOW how to manage their press.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21128238/from/RS.1/

I will tell you that if the car's MSRP in the US is $67,000 I won't buy one. It's way too high and not even close to the price the car should be. I'm in line to get one but won't even consider it at or anywhere near that price. No chance.

I'm waiting to see your calculation of the US MSRP...

Thanks
Old 10-04-07, 09:11 AM
Manoj
Driver

I just did .... but i cant understand chinese to see if that 5,250,000 was for a loaded car or not !

Based on that 5,250,000 = 43K loaded IS-350

That brings IS-F 7,660,000 = 62.7K for loaded! Well i hope that 7,660,000 was for a loaded car though!
Old 10-04-07, 09:14 AM
MMD
Driver School Candidate

Lexus has done a very bad thing today by allowing the $67,000 price tag to be attached to the new IS-F (if that price is not correct for the world).

If the IS-F will have an MSRP in the US of $67,000 there's no way in the world I will even consider buying it. An increase of $20,000-plus over the IS350 is unjustifiable and that price is just way too much.

I'm in line at the local dealer to get one of the first ones (they're not taking deposits) but I won't be interested at that price point.

Even $57,000 makes it hard to get excited about. I suspect I won't buy it and instead will wait to see the GT-R and consider it and others including the M3 and even a Z06.
Old 10-04-07, 09:18 AM
Badman Forever
Lead Lap

is350 starts at a $37k msrp, so that's $30k on top of that for a $67k is-f. but i'm almost certain that won't be the starting price for the 'f'. it's probably a fully loaded msrp.
Old 10-04-07, 09:20 AM
Manoj
Driver

Originally Posted by genius1512
I just dont know if im going to buy this vehicle anymore?
I second that; I was targetting 60K OTD for the IS-F when i did my order in Feb, 2007!

Maybe, I will stick with and IS-350
Old 10-04-07, 09:20 AM
ffpowerLN
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MMD
While you're at it, why don't you do the calculation and tell us what the cost of the IS-F will be???

I'm looking at the news today and the article on the Web says the car will cost $67,000. If Lexus doesn't want US customers to think the car will cost that much then they should be a lot more careful because they KNOW how hungry the market is for info on the IS-F and they KNOW how to manage their press.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21128238/from/RS.1/

I will tell you that if the car's MSRP in the US is $67,000 I won't buy one. It's way too high and not even close to the price the car should be. I'm in line to get one but won't even consider it at or anywhere near that price. No chance.

I'm waiting to see your calculation of the US MSRP...

Thanks
First of all, that article is from MSNBC and they didn't indicate that the $67,000 is a conversion from JDM MSRP from the Lexus Japan press release.

Second, here's the conversion for ya:

Base Japanese IS350: 4,800,000Yen (before sales tax) = 41,347 USD
Base US IS350: 35,905 USD

67,000 x (35,905 / 41,347) = 58,182

So if Lexus is consistent with its pricing the base IS-F in US should have a MSRP around $58K.
Old 10-04-07, 09:21 AM
MMD
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Manoj
I just did .... but i cant understand chinese to see if that 5,250,000 was for a loaded car or not !

Based on that 5,250,000 = 43K loaded IS-350

That brings IS-F 7,660,000 = 62.7K for loaded! Well i hope that 7,660,000 was for a loaded car though!

Any IS-F price starting with a 6 is way too high in my opinion. At $57,000 maybe. Higher than that and it's really going to be questionable.

If the price is that high I'll have to wait and see just how this car does compared to others. If it's a serious performer, then I'll possibly go for it. If not then I'll just let others spend the cash and tell me all about it.

For $60,000-plus I want more than what I believe Lexus is going to deliver with the IS-F. I just don't think they can afford to be at M3 pricing with this brand new car.
Old 10-04-07, 09:23 AM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm sure it the IS-F will probably come well optioned, but that is a pretty hefty price tag. I'd like to see what the starting price would be. I can't imagine the starting price is $67K.
Old 10-04-07, 09:25 AM
MMD
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Manoj
I second that; I was targetting 60K OTD for the IS-F when i did my order in Feb, 2007!

Maybe, I will stick with and IS-350

Even $60k OTD is, in my opinion, steep!

Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of this car and the "F" models. We own two Lexus vehicles (GS300 and IS300) and love them.

But, this is an IS350 with another 100HP, better brakes and an 8-speed tranny (yes, plus some other stuff). Yes, it goes faster and handles better. But it's not worth $60-some thousand dollars. Not in my opinion.

Of course Lexus can ask whatever they want for it and some will buy it. I just don't see myself being one of them.

I don't think Lexus will be wise to price this near the M3. Not this brand new car.
Old 10-04-07, 10:09 AM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Keep in mind, that press release is for JDM version. It only converts to $67 given the weak US$. I don't see this think being more than $62K, but hoping for $58K so be be under $60K. I was hoping for $55K, but with JDM being $67, kiss $55K goodbye.
Old 10-04-07, 10:24 AM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

They better drop the price down to $57k or slightly below.
Old 10-04-07, 10:34 AM
ISF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MMD
Any IS-F price starting with a 6 is way too high in my opinion. At $57,000 maybe. Higher than that and it's really going to be questionable.

If the price is that high I'll have to wait and see just how this car does compared to others. If it's a serious performer, then I'll possibly go for it. If not then I'll just let others spend the cash and tell me all about it.

For $60,000-plus I want more than what I believe Lexus is going to deliver with the IS-F. I just don't think they can afford to be at M3 pricing with this brand new car.
Geez what more do you want?

Why does everyone continue to put the M3 on this pedistal as an "Untouchable" vehicle? Performance wise they are solid but in all other aspects of the car the IS F shames the M3 in my opinion. Granted looks are subjective but when selecting a car one has to be. The truth is, you get what you pay for. If you want a muscle car with so-so luxury then get the M3 for whatever the cost. If you want the full package (luxury, performance and reliability) then get the IS F! The worth of a car all depends upon 1 or 2 things.

1. Affordability
2. Affordability

If money is not a problem then who cares how much it cost! Who's to say the car isn't worth the cost? Isn't that subjective to how deep your pockets are?
Old 10-04-07, 10:40 AM
MMD
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ISF
Geez what more do you want?

Why does everyone continue to put the M3 on this pedistal as an "Untouchable" vehicle? Performance wise they are solid but in all other aspects of the car the IS F shames the M3 in my opinion. Granted looks are subjective but when selecting a car one has to be. The truth is, you get what you pay for. If you want a muscle car with so-so luxury then get the M3 for whatever the cost. If you want the full package (luxury, performance and reliability) then get the IS F! The worth of a car all depends upon 1 or 2 things.

1. Affordability
2. Affordability

If money is not a problem then who cares how much it cost! Who's to say the car isn't worth the cost? Isn't that subjective to how deep your pockets are?

Huh? What? The M3 is a "muscle car with so-so luxury?"

We don't know what the "full package" from the IS-F consists of. We're just finding out about the power (still some questions there) and we don't know about the price.

I didn't put the M3 up on a pedestal. The M3 is the target that all others (manufacturers and car magazines) shoot for. It's the gold standard in the class. The question about the IS-F has always been, "will Lexus make a car that can actually compete with the M3 in terms of performance?" That question has yet to be answered.

If Lexus comes close at the right price point, great. They offer a high-level of quality, vehicles with many creature comforts and good technology. They're a proven entity but not in terms of performance. Not yet. The jury is still out.

Quick Reply: Is-f Pricing (merged threads)