IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Edmunds: IS-F vs. RS4

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-07, 07:09 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

to those whining about the exhaust why dont yall take a gander at the IS-Fail post in this section, apparently go whine about the R8, Veyron, Lambo LP640 exhausts while youre at it, they are using the same non integrated design
Old 11-01-07, 01:47 PM
CRB
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
to those whining about the exhaust why dont yall take a gander at the IS-Fail post in this section, apparently go whine about the R8, Veyron, Lambo LP640 exhausts while youre at it, they are using the same non integrated design
You actually make a good point, perhaps not the one that you intended, but the flaw lies not so much in the non-integrated design of the exhaust outlet...

R8 X 2, there is one on the other side too.

LP640, rear center

Veyron, again rear center.

These European super cars do make clear that a non-integrated exhaust design need not be ostentatious to the point of vulgarity. However, one might wish that the designers showed as much restraint in some of the other excesses this trio possesses, or maybe not their mission isn't quite the same as an IS-F. Lexus will have a flagship super car some day but the near-luxury hotrod ain't it.
Old 11-01-07, 02:42 PM
NINEZeRO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CRB
You actually make a good point, perhaps not the one that you intended, but the flaw lies not so much in the non-integrated design of the exhaust outlet...

R8 X 2, there is one on the other side too.

LP640, rear center

Veyron, again rear center.

These European super cars do make clear that a non-integrated exhaust design need not be ostentatious to the point of vulgarity. However, one might wish that the designers showed as much restraint in some of the other excesses this trio possesses, or maybe not their mission isn't quite the same as an IS-F. Lexus will have a flagship super car some day but the near-luxury hotrod ain't it.
bad pic of exhaust for the R8. check the pic of the R8 exhaust in the thread below. it clearly shows that the muffler tips whether integrated or not are not connected to the exhaust pipes. same for the lp640. btw i was driving behind a bently continental yesterday and saw a similar design.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=315871
Old 11-01-07, 04:27 PM
IS350jet
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So Lexus is finally building a car that challenges the likes of Audi and BMW. Will it stand up to its competition? Well, let's take a look. The ISF will certainly be faster. It has more HP and torque than the BMW and way more torque than the Audi, which weighs 4k lbs. The ISF has the fastest shifting transmission in a production vehicle. It will do 0-60 in the low 4's, the quarter in the mid to high 12's. It's handling will be world renowned, coming scary close to BMW's M3 and may even surpass it. the ISF will do all of this while being more fuel efficient, cleaner, more reliable, smoother, quieter and less expensive. Tell me people, where's the argument?
Old 11-01-07, 09:32 PM
newr
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by IS350jet
So Lexus is finally building a car that challenges the likes of Audi and BMW. Will it stand up to its competition? Well, let's take a look. The ISF will certainly be faster. It has more HP and torque than the BMW and way more torque than the Audi, which weighs 4k lbs. The ISF has the fastest shifting transmission in a production vehicle. It will do 0-60 in the low 4's, the quarter in the mid to high 12's. It's handling will be world renowned, coming scary close to BMW's M3 and may even surpass it. the ISF will do all of this while being more fuel efficient, cleaner, more reliable, smoother, quieter and less expensive. Tell me people, where's the argument?
RS4>IS-F
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...topanel..1.*#2

M3>C63 (eventhough it can do 3.9s to 60 & 12.3s to 1/4 @116mph) > RS4
http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...08-bmw-m3.html

According to 1SICKLEX, if A>B and B>C then A>C

M3>C63>RS4>IS-F

Old 11-01-07, 09:34 PM
inxexisten
Lead Lap

i dont get why people also associate 0-60 times and 1/4 times with being a good car... its easy to make a car go fast a straight line... ive even seen mini vans can do 1/4 under 10 seconds that was moded with some crap...

Last edited by inxexisten; 11-01-07 at 10:34 PM.
Old 11-01-07, 09:58 PM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by newr
RS4>IS-F

M3>C63>RS4>IS-F

hm...you got to quote from Car and Drivers opinion of the IS-F...edmunds gives really bad reviews...so blah...whatever...just wait for the real comparison of all four cars...M3, C63, RS4, and IS-F...and maybe the CTS-V
Old 11-02-07, 04:05 AM
IS350jet
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RS4>IS-F

M3>C63>RS4>IS-F

Ah....yea, let me repeat what I said.

Faster, more fuel efficient, cleaner, more reiaible, quieter, smoother, and cheaper. Again, where's the argument?
Old 11-02-07, 07:31 AM
NINEZeRO
Lexus Test Driver

RS4>IS-F

M3>C63>RS4>IS-F

i hope your not serious, you can't use what edmunds said about the IS-F vs RS4 and use that with what C&D said about the M3, C63 and the RS4.

my guess is that all the top magazines (MT, R&T, C&D, etc) will have different ratings and the IS-F will maybe have 1 or 2 good placements and few mid pack or rear placements (given the biased nature of these writers). the M3 will probably top most lists while the IS-F may beat the C63 or RS4 in some people's minds.
Old 11-02-07, 11:48 AM
CRB
Lead Lap

I would love to read a four car comparo between those: M3, IS-F, RS4 & AMG C-class. I'll bet the Lexus wouldn't end up on the bottom. Let's hope it happens.
Old 11-02-07, 05:52 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The IS-F forum is the funniest forum on CL right now...

1. The comparo from one magazine to another, but no one in here really drive the car, well may be a few. A lot of internet road tests and reviewers with the " I heard this guy said it and his brother in law's friend said the same thing"...

2. The spec. and the price of the car that no one really know for sure how much it's gonna be.

3. The exhaust war(due to one picture of a hand between the bumper and the exhaust pipe) between the pro Lexus and the cons....lol. I don 't think it's a big deal when some car company do that for reason( my previous post about IS-F's exhaust).

4. How many in here will actually get the IS-F? It's one of those, I want this, I want that,but I want to pay this much...

5. It's just another Lexus.
Old 11-03-07, 06:44 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by VVT-i
The IS-F forum is the funniest forum on CL right now...

1. The comparo from one magazine to another, but no one in here really drive the car, well may be a few. A lot of internet road tests and reviewers with the " I heard this guy said it and his brother in law's friend said the same thing"...

2. The spec. and the price of the car that no one really know for sure how much it's gonna be.

3. The exhaust war(due to one picture of a hand between the bumper and the exhaust pipe) between the pro Lexus and the cons....lol. I don 't think it's a big deal when some car company do that for reason( my previous post about IS-F's exhaust).

4. How many in here will actually get the IS-F? It's one of those, I want this, I want that,but I want to pay this much...

5. It's just another Lexus.
+1 dude, great post.
Old 11-03-07, 08:20 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,975 Likes on 2,405 Posts

Originally Posted by VVT-i
...5. It's just another Lexus.
That says it all in my book.
Old 11-03-07, 09:36 AM
Lextasy89
Lexus Test Driver

the isf is a fantastic car.. but i love the look of the new c63 and those number
Old 11-03-07, 09:44 AM
NINEZeRO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Lextasy89
the isf is a fantastic car.. but i love the look of the new c63 and those number
really....hmm, when i first saw the C63 pics I thought it looked absolutely gorgeous and I thought the IS-F very plain compared to it. after a few months the looks of the IS-F has grown on me and I am already sick of the C63. the taillights of the C63 are so ugly and there is way to much detail in the body. The IS-F is much sleeker and looks more aggressive.

Quick Reply: Edmunds: IS-F vs. RS4