IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Moroso ISF Drive Pictures.

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-08, 06:38 PM
IS350jet
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Moroso ISF Drive Pictures.

Kudos to Lexus for putting on such a wonderful event. It still amazes me that any manufacturer would invite the public to drive their highest performing cars on a race track at the absolute upper limit and beyond. Basically it was "hop in and drive the course as fast as you possibly can". It was great and I had a great time. It was awesome to put faces to the people that I'd never met before but chat with all the time. It was great seeing Josh there and meeting 1sicklex for the first time. Truly, wonderful people.

The ISF is, without a doubt, a serious piece of machinery. an awe inspiring car. Great suspension dynamics with immense grip. The ride was not as stiff as I had expected. The engine is very powerful, although, I was expecting the car to be a bit quicker. I'm sure that the A/C being on and one other passenger didn't help much. The sound from the engine is to die for and the transmission shifts faster than anything you can imagine. Although I've never driven an M3, it's difficult to imagine it being a better performing car.

One thing that surprised me the most was How capable the IS350 is. I have an IS350 but don't ever get a chance to push it's limits. Truly, I was shocked at what it was capable of. It's no ISF but, WOW!

Here are some pics I took. There's not many but enjoy them.

Last edited by PhilipMSPT; 01-20-08 at 06:56 AM.
Old 01-19-08, 08:49 PM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

THATS where my IS went! in the 5th pic
Old 01-19-08, 08:58 PM
tttp5
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice photos!
is this a nationwide event? if so i'd like to see if i could sign up for when it comes to texas
Old 01-19-08, 10:07 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by IS350jet
One thing that surprised me the most was How capable the IS350 is. I have an IS350 but don't ever get a chance to push it's limits. Truly, I was shocked at what it was capable of. It's no ISF but, WOW!
yea ive driven my car on the track at an event, me and the instructor were impressed how well it could hold its own
Old 01-20-08, 05:44 AM
Shantonu
Driver School Candidate

Yea it was definetly good time. Although i got there after 1 therefore didn't saw that IS300. However over all experience was awesome. The best part was finally able to test drive the ISF allthough my instructor was a pain in the **** but it was still fun. However The hot lap was amazing.
Old 01-20-08, 06:48 AM
arksun
Driver

Did anyone take a close up look at the quad exhaust? I looked at them and they weren't connected at all! They were just four oval openings and you could see the exhaust behind it. I thought I read somewhere that the production models had the fully connected quad exhaust.
Old 01-20-08, 07:07 AM
DominicAN
Rookie

i was there myself, it was good to meet a few of you guys and drive these cars. Anyone who was there for the 10-11am session....i was in the IS-f that went off roading on the first chicane

i wasnt driving though

i'll have my pics up later as im headed out to a big Mazdaspeed/Mazda meet in Clearwater.

Thanks Lexus for an awesome event and for allowing us to sample the IS-f aswell as the rest of the line up.
Old 01-20-08, 07:16 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Great pics!!
Old 01-20-08, 09:31 AM
Smooth 1
Driver

Yo I was there when you went into that nice spin off the track! LOL!!! I was running the IS 350 in the other side of the track and saw it go into the spin!

Yeah man, that was an awsome event!!!!! I got there around 9 am and stayed until almost 5. It was really nice meeting of the members and talking Lexus all day.
Old 01-20-08, 09:36 AM
Smooth 1
Driver

I couldnt believe they were letting us run full out!!! I thought it would be paced, and controlled alot more. Hitting 130 on the straightaway, hammering the brakes, and sliding into the corner , clipping the apex and throttling out, was a crapton of fun!!! The first lap I did in the IS-F, I kept waiting for the pro driver to tell me slow down a bit, So I kept hitting the next corner a bit harder than last one, and when we did the lap and he asked if I wanted to go around again, I almost broke my earlobe off with the grin!!! SO the swcond lap I just had the gas either wide open , or the brakes full on, all the way around. Man, I would have paid money to do that !!!! And they fed us on top of it!!!!!
Old 01-20-08, 12:22 PM
joshmtx
Rookie

Is that a Toyota 2000GT in the pictures? Was that there for show or was it an owner attending the event? I'd like to know more about that car.

Lexus, please have an event like this in Texas, only bring an M3 and the other 'competition' to compare.
Old 01-20-08, 01:11 PM
GSsilver98
Driver School Candidate

I'm guilty...I was the one that took that spin off the track. The VDIM was off at the time and you could definitely feel the difference with it off. That course was great and event was first class.
Old 01-20-08, 04:59 PM
lexis307
Lexus Test Driver

I had a blast! I REALLLY PUSHED THE CAR IT HANDLES AND DRIVES AMAZINGLY!!! (side note: with 4 people in the car!!!!!!!!)
Old 01-20-08, 05:02 PM
D.Jobin
Lexus Test Driver

Here's a few of my favorites. Hi-Res available upon request.

I also shot a video riding along in the IS-F:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrUX73u44C4

Old 01-20-08, 05:02 PM
D.Jobin
Lexus Test Driver

Quick Reply: Moroso ISF Drive Pictures.