Old 02-01-08 | 08:54 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Congrats on the new IS-F , & black is a very good color for the IS-F too
Old 02-01-08 | 09:21 PM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Originally Posted by f=ma
update: Well, i was wrong about the 61k OTD part, my bad, i think is just 61k, not otd. Since Lexus of Stevens Creek is the biggest Lexus dealership in Northern California and the owner owns the largest in Socal as well, they were able to sell this to us before everyone else. This actually the first IS-F to go on sale in California. Others will go on sale in a week or so. But enjoy the crappy night time pictures. I will be taking proper pictures tomorrow in the day time, so if anyone wants to request a picture, let me know.
oh so Lexus of Stevens Creek is owned by Penske?...I assume that Longo Lexus is the largest So Cal dealer, but I may be wrong... Maybe the Toyota side is messing me perspective here... oh...btw...you know the total OTD price was for the car?...thanks!
Old 02-01-08 | 10:05 PM
f=ma
Lexus Test Driver
CL Folding 25,000

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
only 2 mpg less in the city than an IS350, not bad. Whats up with the texture on the seats, I thought the black interior was black leather
it is, its the flash on the camera makes it look all blue and hideous. but in reality its complete black leather, same as my IS350.
Old 02-01-08 | 10:21 PM
masboy
Lexus Champion
CL Folding 25,000

whoa....congrats on IS-F !!
Old 02-01-08 | 11:30 PM
Fa-suto
Pole Position

Just wanted to add my congratulation to your (uh..your dad's new car)! I hope the people in my area past up the Black/Black, because that's my top pick. Do you know how many people past up on the car till they got to you? I'm assuming they go down the list and see if people want the car still and the color they have on stock. The waiting is agonizing.

Regardless, enjoy the car and don't forget to take plenty of pics for us and your opinion on the car ride and build.
Old 02-01-08 | 11:43 PM
hapaboy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CrazyMPG
oh so Lexus of Stevens Creek is owned by Penske?...I assume that Longo Lexus is the largest So Cal dealer, but I may be wrong... Maybe the Toyota side is messing me perspective here... oh...btw...you know the total OTD price was for the car?...thanks!
Longo is owned by Penske. Stevens Creek is in NoCal. Tustin and Newport are the run by one owner.
Old 02-01-08 | 11:44 PM
hapaboy
Lexus Champion

day pics of the seats please.
Old 02-01-08 | 11:47 PM
SeOuLiS250
Lexus Champion

wow congrats~
I just moved up here to NorCal from Socal 2 weeks ago..
I hope I'm lucky to see you around~!
Old 02-01-08 | 11:47 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rominl
it's lexus policy, no dealership can charge markup, period
A while back, didnt Lexus of Westminster marked up the latest LS if Im not mistaken?
Old 02-01-08 | 11:58 PM
ChuH
Instructor

it is, its the flash on the camera makes it look all blue and hideous. but in reality its complete black leather, same as my IS350.
Both the black and white/black leather are semi analine. I saw the sample leather patches at my dealer's marketing manuals. The smooth surface that we sit on is dyed black but the back side is dyed blue. Therefore the vented holes on the black leather will show hints of blue. You need to see it very close up.

Another note the white/black leather option is a softer leather. On the manual is states White/Black as Semi-Analine (Soft) and the Black was stated Semi-Analine. I felt both samples and the white was softer to the touch when I tried to fold it.

Chu...
Old 02-02-08 | 12:04 AM
f=ma
Lexus Test Driver
CL Folding 25,000

Originally Posted by CrazyMPG
yeah longo is the biggest in the state...i think. and Stevens Creek Lexus is biggest in NorCal. Both are owned by Penske.
Old 02-02-08 | 06:54 AM
LH1
Instructor

Thanks for the updated pics. Looking forward to some daytime shots.
Old 02-02-08 | 07:14 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

problem with the white leather is its going to get dirt real quick, texas region is only doing special order for the white leather
Old 02-02-08 | 08:11 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

we want day pics!

congrats to your dad on being quite possibly the first IS-F owner in the US.

or at least here in clublexus.
Old 02-02-08 | 09:26 AM
MMD
Driver School Candidate

Well, i was wrong about the 61k OTD part, my bad, i think is just 61k, not otd.

This actually the first IS-F to go on sale in California. Others will go on sale in a week or so.

Congratulations to your father on the IS-F.

But I'm not sure how much of your information is correct.

First of all, "others will go on sale in a week or so" is just plain wrong. The General Manager at my local dealership called me last night and told me their first IS-F just arrived and it's in their showroom, available for sale.

I asked him how much and he said the sticker is about $61,000 (plus tax, prep, etc.) and there would not be any markup on it. He said it's first come first served but he personally only called me. I expect to go see it later today.

I don't however, expect to buy it. I'm leaning towards a Z06 instead. I like the Lexus a lot (I have a GS300 and an IS300) but I'm just not as excited about this car as I hoped I'd be. It's a great car and all but it's hard to be thrilled about it.

In this approximate price range I'd much rather have a Z06, a new M3 or a GT-R (not necessarily in that order). The IS-F is a great car no doubt and a well executed performance car by the L-team but it's missing something for me.

Quick Reply: Just got an IS-F!!!