Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what a nice car!
Old 11-17-08, 11:34 PM
sukeiasa
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i agree mostly with what was said except wanted to point out that

amg also has s/e/ml/gl versions... and m has m5, m6... which are not 'entry level' vehicles, and yet the exterior still resembles heavily the non halo versions....

same with the audi S cars....

the current generation amg C is (by media publication stanards) right on par if not better than the current generation m3, and the isf is considered the middle of the two in terms of comfort/performance....

again, i agree that the halo versions looks similar to non halo versions with performance mods, just don't agree with the entry level assessment and amg c generalization....

cheers

Originally Posted by gengar
And let's be honest, that's the point of these vehicles... they are just performance versions of entry-level sedans. That was the magic of cars like the C36 or C43... they looked just like any other C-class with minor styling upgrades, minor interior upgrades, and a badge. M3 was always a bit more than the C-class AMGs in terms of having more distinctive features but even then the differences were not significant - especially not to the average person. Frankly, the IS-F in its current form goes way overboard in this philosophy. Historically this segment has been about high performance - yet in the same package as the entry-level.

Dealer markup is not allowed. Waiting list varies on geographical location, it's still 20+ people out here in the Las Vegas area, but the list is longer for popular exterior colors and color combinations. IS-F's in less popular color combos have even been unclaimed as it is.
Old 11-18-08, 11:27 AM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by sukeiasa
again, i agree that the halo versions looks similar to non halo versions with performance mods, just don't agree with the entry level assessment and amg c generalization....
My post was in response to one comparing the features of entry-level performance sedans (specifically RS, C, IS, M3), so naturally my commentary regarded those vehicles. Context is important.