IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Just picked up my Ultrasonic Blue/ Alpine White/Black IS-F!! (Pictures)

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-08, 04:59 PM
06-IS250
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh my god....i officially hateeeeeeeeee you!! lol.

Love the car. damn though...really...not fair.
Old 02-11-08, 06:08 PM
ISFfan
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Highwind
its gonna be hard to keep those seats clean
I thought it was going to be very hard to keep the seats clean as well. But its really not.

When I first got the car, I polished the seats with Meguiar's Gold Class Leather Cleaner and Conditioner and the seats stay perfectly clean and white. And if they happen to get a little dirty, I am able to wipe it off very easily.

The white is more managable than I thought and it gets a LOT of attention. Everyone loves the White/Black interior, because it is so different than just black.

As far as I know, and as far as my Lexus connection knows, I personally own the only IS-F with High Contrast Alpine White/Black interior in the United States. It feels pretty cool.
Old 02-12-08, 12:40 AM
Reyngel
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ISFfan
I thought it was going to be very hard to keep the seats clean as well. But its really not.

When I first got the car, I polished the seats with Meguiar's Gold Class Leather Cleaner and Conditioner and the seats stay perfectly clean and white. And if they happen to get a little dirty, I am able to wipe it off very easily.

The white is more managable than I thought and it gets a LOT of attention. Everyone loves the White/Black interior, because it is so different than just black.

As far as I know, and as far as my Lexus connection knows, I personally own the only IS-F with High Contrast Alpine White/Black interior in the United States. It feels pretty cool.

The white/black is different, yes, but I'd personally prefer the classiness of all-black. The contrast of the white/black looks a bit too much like an auto show gimmick or something... not really my taste. Also, the white may be easy to wipe down now, but over time it's going to be ridiculously harder to clean than black. But props to your IS-F.
Old 02-12-08, 07:05 PM
ISFfan
Pole Position

haha yeaa everyone has different tastes
Old 02-12-08, 08:41 PM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Reyngel
The white/black is different, yes, but I'd personally prefer the classiness of all-black. The contrast of the white/black looks a bit too much like an auto show gimmick or something... not really my taste.
After seeing it in person today, I think the white/black looks very classy and not at all gimmicky... it's certainly better done than the two-tone AMG interior on my C43, which I loved but was definitely less classy than the F interior.
Old 02-16-08, 05:36 PM
ISFfan
Pole Position

Originally Posted by gengar
After seeing it in person today, I think the white/black looks very classy and not at all gimmicky... it's certainly better done than the two-tone AMG interior on my C43, which I loved but was definitely less classy than the F interior.
Yea, I find the interior quite classy as well.

I wonder how many IS-F's are out there by now?
Old 02-16-08, 11:18 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

the color is sweet. Great car. I am glad lexus is finally showing itself in this arena
Old 02-17-08, 02:14 AM
i3urton
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i love the is f..
Old 02-17-08, 04:45 AM
z4frosik
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wowza wowza wowza... good job man.
Old 02-17-08, 09:13 AM
ISFfan
Pole Position

Originally Posted by gengar

I think I'm still the only IS-F owner in the United States with High Contrast Alpine White/Black interior. Is this true? This is what my connection in Lexus just told me last night..

Does anyone have any information to differ?
Old 02-17-08, 12:39 PM
photomaker
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I saw the actual build tally for the first run of production for the West Coast. You are right, there has only been 1 8UI(Blue) with the Alpine White interior. The build sheet showed it as a special order. Also there are only going to be 7 (or 8 I can't remember) TOTAL Blue/Black in the whole 140-ish first run of IS-F's. Again this was for the western region only, but I can absolutely confirm what your source said (but I dunno about the whole US).

That is a striking color combo, but I'm afraid I'd have those seats a nice shade of grey in no time...

Todd

P.S. I HATE you Ultrasonic Blue owners!!! I put a deposit down MONTHS ago for a blue/black but my dealership doesn't seem to have enough pull I guess lol.
Old 02-17-08, 08:31 PM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by photomaker
I saw the actual build tally for the first run of production for the West Coast. You are right, there has only been 1 8UI(Blue) with the Alpine White interior. The build sheet showed it as a special order. Also there are only going to be 7 (or 8 I can't remember) TOTAL Blue/Black in the whole 140-ish first run of IS-F's. Again this was for the western region only, but I can absolutely confirm what your source said (but I dunno about the whole US).

That is a striking color combo, but I'm afraid I'd have those seats a nice shade of grey in no time...

Todd

P.S. I HATE you Ultrasonic Blue owners!!! I put a deposit down MONTHS ago for a blue/black but my dealership doesn't seem to have enough pull I guess lol.
don't playa hate...haha JP!

oh and what dealership you go through?
Old 02-18-08, 12:57 AM
ISFfan
Pole Position

Originally Posted by photomaker

Todd

haha my seats are still perfectly white actually. but then again, i use meguiars gold class leather cleaner/conditioner almost everyday to keep them protected. But i enjoy cleaning my car so I don't mind. And thanks for verifying my information. It feels good having the only IS-F with White/Black interior

Originally Posted by CrazyMPG
don't playa hate...haha JP!

oh and what dealership you go through?
I got it through Tustin Lexus.
Old 02-18-08, 09:13 PM
Civic Si-r
Lead Lap

Your lucky, your IS-F came w/ Pilot sports most of the others came with the Potenza's. My G has the Pilot sports, won't drive on anything less than that
Old 02-19-08, 02:13 AM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFfan
I think I'm still the only IS-F owner in the United States with High Contrast Alpine White/Black interior. Is this true? This is what my connection in Lexus just told me last night..

Does anyone have any information to differ?
Sorry, I missed this post as I was out all day yesterday. The one I was referring to was the introduction event/party model on display at Lexus of Las Vegas for the last two weeks.

Thanks also for the tips on seat care for the white leather. If I do get an IS-F, I will get the high contrast. I was always aiming for it in homage to the two-tone interior of my C43, but it was stunning in person. I'll probably get the ultrasonic blue as well.

Quick Reply: Just picked up my Ultrasonic Blue/ Alpine White/Black IS-F!! (Pictures)