IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Just picked up my Ultrasonic Blue/ Alpine White/Black IS-F!! (Pictures)

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-08, 04:04 PM
Nicky530
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome color bro cant waIt to see more lIke It! Maybe few years later I wIll get a f
Old 07-09-08, 12:10 AM
schmiddy93
Driver School Candidate

Default wow

only set-up that works for that car in my eyes... this color reminds me of my best friends air natique boat and looks amazing to me. you cant go wrong with the white interior... it looks so clean and nice matching the white carbon fibre center console. congrats
Old 12-29-08, 01:23 PM
DEM
Driver School Candidate

Hi,
Just getting ready to p.u. an IS-F this week in your exact ext./interior colors... Wondering if you could update the white seats condition and if you are still using the Meguiars product or something else. My lease is up on my smg 350 on which I found the seat leather to be soft and wearing on the left drivers seat from entering and exiting about a foot up on the back portion. Do you see any wear? They replaced mine.
Also - I am in San Diego... wondering where the Aerotect install was done? You mentioned Francisco and Jason... How is that holding up and would you still have done all the areas you covered? Wondering about costs (dealer price seemed crazy) so thinking of front end only... opinion?

Love your car and I know I will love mine! How many miles do you have on yours now and any other updates you think would be helpful would be super!

Drive with care...
Old 12-29-08, 07:10 PM
Flash 3
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DEM
Hi,
Just getting ready to p.u. an IS-F this week in your exact ext./interior colors... Wondering if you could update the white seats condition and if you are still using the Meguiars product or something else. My lease is up on my smg 350 on which I found the seat leather to be soft and wearing on the left drivers seat from entering and exiting about a foot up on the back portion. Do you see any wear? They replaced mine.
Also - I am in San Diego... wondering where the Aerotect install was done? You mentioned Francisco and Jason... How is that holding up and would you still have done all the areas you covered? Wondering about costs (dealer price seemed crazy) so thinking of front end only... opinion?

Love your car and I know I will love mine! How many miles do you have on yours now and any other updates you think would be helpful would be super!

Drive with care...
I'm also curious about how well the seats are holding up. I've heard jeans tend to shed colors on lighter interiors.
Old 12-29-08, 08:04 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
Senior Moderator

Received 4,082 Likes on 2,474 Posts

Originally Posted by Flash 3
I'm also curious about how well the seats are holding up. I've heard jeans tend to shed colors on lighter interiors.
That's no rumor. My IS350 with cashmere interior didn't like blue jeans at all. It was a PITA to keep the seats looking good.
Old 12-29-08, 09:32 PM
LEXUSF
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
That's no rumor. My IS350 with cashmere interior didn't like blue jeans at all. It was a PITA to keep the seats looking good.

when i had that interior to be honest i always sat on a white towel unless i was taking someone out then just ruffed it! it worked!
Old 12-30-08, 12:57 AM
crazybuggy
Racer

i like that alpine interior color! thass wassop!
Old 12-30-08, 07:29 AM
Salil022
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

I have my IS-F with the same color combo for almost 5 months now and interior still looks brand new .....I condition and clean it once a month...Love this alpine interior over black interior
Old 12-30-08, 08:59 AM
DEM
Driver School Candidate

That's good to hear...Do you use the same product already mentioned- Meguiars gold class leather cleaner and conditioner?
I have seen packaged pre-moistened wipes for seats... have you tried those?

Thanks for feedback-
Old 12-30-08, 09:07 AM
Salil022
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

I use Lexol Leather Cleaner and Lexol Conditioner....I think it cleans it pretty good and does not leave the seats with that shiny greasy feel
Old 12-30-08, 10:23 AM
DEM
Driver School Candidate

Thanks- that sounds good- no slipping and sliding in the seats!
Old 12-30-08, 07:11 PM
ISFfan
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DEM
Hi,

Drive with care...
Hi, sorry I haven't checked the board in a few days.

First of all, Congratulations on picking up your IS-F soon in the best color combination possible (IMO).

Honestly, my white seats still look like brand new. As far as color goes, they are still just as white as the day I picked the car up. The only visible wear on the seats is that there are some creases on the side bolsters from getting in and out (to avoid this I try to lift myself over the bolsters when I get in and out of the car if that makes any sense). The leather still feels very soft in all areas. I have also noticed that the perforated center does not show any wear at all, whether it be color transfer or creasing.

What kind of wear did your seat have that caused them to replace it? Just curious for future reference..

I do still use the Meguiars Gold Class to keep them clean and protected, but if they get particularly dirty, I strongly recommend using Lexol Leather cleaner, it is a little stronger and works better for removing spot stains. I have tried the Leather wipes on my previous car (Mustang GT), and I can tell you they are no where near as good as the actual cleaner and conditioners. I clean my seats about once a month with Lexol cleaner, followed by the Gold Class Cleaner/Contioner. Trust me, it will be worth the little bit of extra cleaning time for the white seats! You won't believe how many compliments I get on my interior, as I'm sure you will experience yourself.

About the Aerotect clear bra, I am very pleased with the work they do there. They are located in La Verne, CA. I definitely recommend getting the entire front end covered. And DO NOT go through the dealer, they charge FAR too much for the clear bra and I imagine the materials used are not even the same high quality used by Aerotect. Francisco and Jason did an excellent job on the install, if you give them a call, tell them Nick with the Blue & White IS-F referred you and maybe they can hook you up with a deal. I definitely recommend getting the full hood and fenders done, as it gives you a better peace of mind on freeways drives. Just make sure that especially when the film is fresh on your car, to clean off any insect residue, or bird droppings, off the film as soon as you can to prevent staining. I recommend using meguiars ultimate quick detailor, it gives it a better shine than the cleaner aerotect will give you a free bottle of (forgot the name).

Overall, I love my IS-F, and I'm sure you will too. You won't regret this color combination.

I hope I answered all of your questions. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask me in a PM or on this thread.

Have fun with your IS-F! Let me know how you like it.

-Nick
Old 12-30-08, 09:12 PM
DEM
Driver School Candidate

Nick,

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond in detail... appreciate it and it all seems like good news. Started to freak out about the seat upkeep but I have always wanted that color combo since the first time I saw it pictured- and then seeing it at the LA car show... I was sold!

The seat wear on mine was on the driver seat, left bolster from getting in and out of the car when the seat was moved forward for my wife as she is shorter, but the main reason for the replacement was also due to a very loud noise when the seat was moved forward or backward.

I will look into the aerotect clear bra as well- great recommendation and I will let them know that you referred me to them.

I will let you know how the pick up went and what I think of the car in the next few days-

Have a safe and Happy New Year! I am smiling already!
David
Old 01-31-09, 06:46 PM
DEM
Driver School Candidate

ISFfan-
Word of thanks to you on the aerotect- did use them and they were great... got me in on the way back south after picking up the car...

They were happy you passed along the info. Love the car btw and the seats in white are stunning!

Have put on 1600 miles in a month- gotta slow down but hard not to want to drive it, my motorcycle is collecting dust- ouch!

So thanks -
David

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/mem...-my-rides.html
Attached Thumbnails Just picked up my Ultrasonic Blue/ Alpine White/Black IS-F!! (Pictures)-dsc06092_1.jpg  
Old 02-01-09, 07:34 PM
ISFfan
Pole Position

Glad I could be of help to you DEM! Enjoy your IS-F and this unique color combination.

Quick Reply: Just picked up my Ultrasonic Blue/ Alpine White/Black IS-F!! (Pictures)