IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Gunmetal/Polished Wheels ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-08, 02:28 PM
MrDDub
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gunmetal/Polished Wheels ?

Anyone know if the wheels that are not coming standard (gunmetal/polish) are going to be available in that new IS Accessory line ?? I just think these look better then the all gunmetal version.
Old 02-14-08, 08:44 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

All gunmetal is standard US-Spec issue only at this time.
Old 02-15-08, 12:46 PM
ChuH
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MrDDub
Anyone know if the wheels that are not coming standard (gunmetal/polish) are going to be available in that new IS Accessory line ?? I just think these look better then the all gunmetal version.
Are you looking at just purchasing the wheels or with the car? In our region (Guam - In the middle of the Pacific) all the IS-F will be coming in as polished/gunmetals. The polished/gunmetal wheels give the IS-F a more expensive look. I am sure my local dealer's parts department can special order just the rims if you are set on these rims. Or you can purchase a IS-F and ship it to the states as some people have been doing in the past. For example one of the first 3 IS-F is now being shipped to Hong Kong because it is cheaper to buy from Guam. My dealer is trying to confirm if we can get the white wood option also. Their sales manual shows it is available. Will know in 2 months if my IS-F will be coming with white wood.

Chu...
Old 02-15-08, 03:42 PM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im not up to date on guam, but for sure the US market gets the gunmetal rims as opposed to japan getting the polished aluminum.
Old 02-15-08, 04:13 PM
ChuH
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by LexISguy
Im not up to date on guam, but for sure the US market gets the gunmetal rims as opposed to japan getting the polished aluminum.
It is really too bad that US only can get the polished/gunmetal wheels with the NM package. The polished/gunmetal wheels really make the IS-F look more expensive.
Old 02-20-08, 09:34 AM
MrDDub
Driver School Candidate

ChuH, I agree.......when the time comes, I'll look into getting the wheels in Guam and having them shipped back........Thanks !!
Old 02-20-08, 09:50 AM
Badman Forever
Lead Lap

To me, the 'smoked' wheels makes it look like its completely covered in brake dust. I can't believe the Lexus Execs based their judgement on the poll here where no pics of the smoked wheels were even available at the time. They should of put the gunmetal wheels on the Neiman Marcus edition instead and give the regular owners the classier two-tone wheels.

I do have a funny feeling the '09 models will come standard w/ the two-tone finish.
Old 02-20-08, 09:56 AM
MrDDub
Driver School Candidate

If i pay 60K + for a car, I want to drive off the lot TOTALLY satisfied and not thinking that i already need to change the wheels, etc. That hand polish finish looks SO much better then the gunmetal (you're right, like brake dust).
Old 02-20-08, 10:04 AM
Badman Forever
Lead Lap

the fact that the usa regular edition is-f's come w/ the ugly wheels made me change my top color pick from blue to white. those dark wheels contrast the nicest w/ the white car only.
Old 02-20-08, 10:46 AM
joshmtx
Rookie

If you really want those hand polished wheels, PM me. I'm looking for a buyer for the Black NM IS F. Help send me to Skip Barber!
Old 02-20-08, 11:25 AM
Badman Forever
Lead Lap

since we're both local.. i may be down to trade the smoked wheels for your polished ones. just let me know when you get yours.. mine comes next month.
Old 02-20-08, 02:06 PM
nysupraman
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Badman Forever
To me, the 'smoked' wheels makes it look like its completely covered in brake dust. I can't believe the Lexus Execs based their judgement on the poll here where no pics of the smoked wheels were even available at the time. They should of put the gunmetal wheels on the Neiman Marcus edition instead and give the regular owners the classier two-tone wheels.

I do have a funny feeling the '09 models will come standard w/ the two-tone finish.
i cant agree more! im willing to polish mine out, to make it look like the NM edition!
Old 02-20-08, 02:10 PM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

I actually prefer the typical gunmetal on everything but white and Ultrasonic Blue (unfortunately Ultrasonic Blue is one of the ones I'm considering). And gunmetal DEFINITELY looks better on black.
Old 02-21-08, 04:01 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

I voted for the two toned wheels myself. I really liked those a lot more. Even more unique.
Old 02-21-08, 05:15 PM
sjgIS350
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gunmetal...Auto manufacturer's solution to brake dust. Next we will be getting 'road dirt' colored paint

Quick Reply: Gunmetal/Polished Wheels ?