IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Dear Lexus, Im back :)

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-08, 05:39 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer

So, I'm really not feeling your pain here, even at 6'2", 235.
LOL, me either!
Old 02-17-08, 08:40 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
You guys - 5'8", 155 lbs - and you feel cramped? Wow. I could see Mike (1sicklex) saying it feels tight, but I'm 6'2", 235 lbs, and I've been perfectly comfortable in my IS350 for the last 18 months. However, I'm not an SUV driver, and never have been.

Is it tight if you're used to lots of room like a full sized sedan or an SUV? Sure. Can kids fit in the back? Sure. Can you drive from Atlanta to New York City with four full sized adults and a 10 year old in an IS? Yep, did that last summer.

So, I'm really not feeling your pain here, even at 6'2", 235.
Yeah I'm 6'5" 240 and I fit in the front of both generations of the IS with no issues, its narrower than the GS/LS but IMO, the front leg room is somehow more abundant...to me.....
Old 02-17-08, 09:19 PM
RXSF
Forum Moderator

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

hmmm, im 5'11" and i struggle with my 1gen IS. lol. well actually, if i put the seat all the way back to the point no human being can fit behind me, im good
Old 02-18-08, 06:15 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

if you dont have strong faith in your wifes driving ability then I dont recommend her driving a high powered, low ride height vehicle. The low ride height is whats going to get a LOT of inexperienced drivers, doing up on ramps incorrectly - scraping, trying to inch into a parking spot and the front bumper kissing the curb. Not to mention curbing the 19" wheels because of low profile tires. These are some of the few things that I know will get an inexperienced driver
Old 02-18-08, 06:20 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
Senior Moderator

Received 4,082 Likes on 2,474 Posts

I told the wife if we got one she would need to attend a HP driving school before I'd let her drive it. 400+ hp can get an inexperienced person in trouble really quickly.
Old 02-18-08, 08:17 PM
TrinCap
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

She's not the WORST driver in the world. OkOk so she did basically total my LS430 (which is how I got the M) and got a ding on my brand new Gran Turismo ($800) but she can control a car. I guess I'll just make sure she is carefull with it. She refuses to drive the F430 and can't drive stick so she has never driven the 550. I'll get bored one of these days and write a rant complete with pix of the crashed LS and the ding. Gotta find those pix. You guys will bust a gut laughing at how she did it. (I didn't see the car hon! (it was a giant pick up truck!))
So I did sit in the IS350 today. Well. I mean I can live with it, I guess I'm just not used to it. Definately smaller dimensions than I'm used to. It's definately smaller inside then the GT and way smaler than my M or old LS430. I'm actually getting a little unsure about this purchase. Thinking maybe the XF Jaguar is the way to go (ugh that ugly front). Also test drove a M5 and M6 today. Came away thinking, love the interior of the M6. Adore the 20 way power adjust seats on the M5 (seriously best seats I've EVER sat in) but God I hate BMW's. Think I'm passing on both of those. Down to XF or IS-F or CTS-V (wife hates caddy's though). I think user IS-F Cali is taking my spot on the IS-F.
Old 02-20-08, 09:22 PM
IS-F Cali
Driver School Candidate

Yeah! Very generous of you, TrinCap. Regardless of where I end up getting my F, I'd love to go out cruising with you in your F! F-430 that is....best designed ferrari since the F-40, IMO. Just give me 800~900 miles before I can attempt to keep up with you! Let me get behind the Ferrari and I'll let you break-in my new IS-F!
Old 02-21-08, 01:09 PM
TrinCap
Rookie

Ha, well, I'll pass on letting you drive but yeah we can head up to Alice's Restaurant (contrary to popular beliefs you can NOT get anything you want there) for a drink and a stogie.
Old 02-21-08, 07:44 PM
IS-F Cali
Driver School Candidate

aww shucks! On second thought, given that I've never driven an exotic, I'd hate to mess up that gem of a sportscar and have to owe you $15k in tranny repair, ha. Alice's it is!
Old 02-21-08, 07:54 PM
IS_NIICE
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

why do you have the nicest cars ever!?!!
Old 02-22-08, 03:09 PM
TrinCap
Rookie

Im kind of an enthusiast.

Anyways, the Lexus dealer called. THE IS-F is HERE!!!!! Unfortunately, I have to go on vacation for a week (maui woohoo) and frankly I'm not ready to deal with a new car right now. Soooooo, WHO WANTS MY SPOT!?!?! It's a silver IS-F up in Northern California. They have my deposit (no you can't have it) but I believe it's silver with black interior. Shoot me a msg if you want it. IF Cali guy has first dibs but I told him I'd get back to him today so if someone wants it, please shoot me a msg quick. Otherwise, well I'll just pass I suppose. Oh the guys down in So Cal (you guys mentioned the NM version) also have one showing up in the next 4 days off the boat. It's "Granite" with black leather. I don't think it's the NM version but the guy there says it's totally for sale for the first person that wants it. MSRP of course. No mark up.
Old 02-23-08, 12:59 AM
IS-F Cali
Driver School Candidate

Trincap, Hey thanks for the update! Just pm'ed you about the Silver. That color goes very well with the black calipers and tinted windows but I'm going to stick with my first color choice and wait it out. Hopefully my rep will have an answere soon. Perhaps you can pass it on to the next customer on the list? lmk what happens!