IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Dear Lexus, Im back :)

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-08, 05:34 PM
TrinCap
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dear Lexus, Im back :)

Hi folks. Well, after a brief but fun switch to Infiniti, it looks like I'm back to the Lexus family. Loved the M and discovered "mods" with it but I suppose it was time to go back to the familiar brand. Now my last Lexus was the LS430 which I thought was the finest car I've ever owned. . . and the most boring one too. The SC430 I had prior was great. Loved that one but kids didn't fit. Soooo, now there's this IS-F thing and it seems to fit all my needs. I put myself down on the list, paid my deposit and it seems I'm the only one STILL waiting. What happened? I was supposedly 2nd on the list? I'm in no hurry but sheesh. So, questions for you guys. First, can this be driven by a woman/nondriver (not to be sexist but my wife isn't what you would call a driver). Second, has anyone at Serramonte Lexus gotten one? (if so Im going to go ballistic) Third, I got inside an IS350 and I felt it was kind of cramped. Now I'm only 5'8" 155lb but I guess I'm used to a little more room around the leg area and the seat. My GT seemed roomier. Anyone else feel I'm crazy? I'm thinking of stopping back there and looking again. Also, anyone put kids back there yet? Good fit? Bad? This is going to be the smallest 4 door I've had in awhile and I just want to know if I'm going to feel a bit uh cramped shall we say. I was going to go with this M6 thingy but as I understand it, it is undrivable by non drivers and is overly complicated which wouldn't fly for the times my wife takes it out. Then it was S-5 but I kinda needed 4 doors because of the kids. Too many M5's in this town for my taste and well frankly I hate BMW (don't even ask about the X5 my wife had, BLEAH) In any event, good bye Freshalloy and hello clublexus. I'm sure I'll pepper you all with idiotic questions soon.
Old 02-15-08, 06:02 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

1) i don't see why women or non-drivers can't drive this car. a car designed by lexus, i don't think it can be that hard to drive
2) you are not crazy. i am 5'7" and 150lb, and i think the car is super small. weird enough i feel it's smaller than my is300 back then. and the rear room is very bad when you are sitting ok in the front

welcome back to lexus
Old 02-15-08, 06:08 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Firstly, I am thinking of buying the IS-F but there is about a one year wait here in Japan, so I hope that eases you first problem. Secondly, I test drove the car the other day and it is very drivable due to the great automatic transmission, just don't plant your foot in wet weather and your wife should be fine. I am 6'1" and 230lbs and I do like the room in the LS 600, but this car is made for a different purpose so I don't mind being a little cramped(Much more room compared to the IS I am driving now in my sig). I am only 31 years old and the kids are still only 3 and 1 years of age, but the baby seats fit in there fine(I had the dealer put one in to see if it would fit). Lastly I don't own this car so please take my comments as such, however I will say that with the new IS being a little bit bigger than the previous model I am sure I will like the extra room.
Old 02-15-08, 06:22 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

wow, one year wait in japan for is-f? man, maybe demand is not as big here in the US? i know if you are waiting for blue it's forever, both other colors seem to be a bit easier
Old 02-15-08, 07:57 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
wow, one year wait in japan for is-f? man, maybe demand is not as big here in the US? i know if you are waiting for blue it's forever, both other colors seem to be a bit easier
Yep, they are really limiting the amount they are releasing here, plus demand is high.
Old 02-15-08, 08:20 PM
TrinCap
Rookie

Thanks romin, thought I was nuts or something. Ha, I wasn't comparing the seat to a LS, just compared to my M45. Either way, the car definatly felt small. I am definatly excited to have the ole Mark Levinson stereo back. Man I loved that thing in my old LS and I heard the one in the new LS and was like WHOA. So I have high hopes. I'm assuming there is some sort of integrated IPOD thing or I'm going to be upset. My kids are 2 and 4 so I'm assuming the boys will fit there.
OK, I'll head over to Lexus again on Monday and sit in a IS350 and see how it is. I really need to get comfortable with the interior space. Uh, anyone want my wife's 400h? I hate that damn thing. heh heh
Old 02-16-08, 11:35 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

At 6'5" and 300 lbs I will have to wait for a GSF.
Old 02-17-08, 03:10 AM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
At 6'5" and 300 lbs I will have to wait for a GSF.
Is there a GSF in the works? If so I would jump on that!
Old 02-17-08, 04:02 AM
Fa-suto
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
Is there a GSF in the works? If so I would jump on that!
Prepare for a sticker shock as it will probably be priced well above the current IS F MSRP.
Old 02-17-08, 05:16 AM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Fa-suto
Prepare for a sticker shock as it will probably be priced well above the current IS F MSRP.
I don't think the price is going to worry me.
Old 02-17-08, 10:48 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Fa-suto
people ready to buy m5 and e63 are the target audience
Old 02-17-08, 03:11 PM
RXSF
Forum Moderator

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

lexus of serramonte? your right up my alley. i know nothing about what they have but i love the service department.
Old 02-17-08, 04:05 PM
LexFather

Welcome back!!!!
Old 02-17-08, 04:26 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
Senior Moderator

Received 4,082 Likes on 2,474 Posts

You guys - 5'8", 155 lbs - and you feel cramped? Wow. I could see Mike (1sicklex) saying it feels tight, but I'm 6'2", 235 lbs, and I've been perfectly comfortable in my IS350 for the last 18 months. However, I'm not an SUV driver, and never have been.

Is it tight if you're used to lots of room like a full sized sedan or an SUV? Sure. Can kids fit in the back? Sure. Can you drive from Atlanta to New York City with four full sized adults and a 10 year old in an IS? Yep, did that last summer.

So, I'm really not feeling your pain here, even at 6'2", 235.
Old 02-17-08, 04:45 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I would have though you would have test driven an IS350 just to get a feel for the size of the vehicle before getting in line for an IS-F. It's a sports sedan akin to the BMW 3-series; adequate space, just. Kids and the back seat don't mix well. Coming from the M, you will notice the reduction in size.

Quick Reply: Dear Lexus, Im back :)