IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

NM Special Build is Coming to Shore !!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-08, 04:19 PM
osofine149
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did Sirius, trunk mat and wheel locks come with the car? I just got notice that mine is enroute and those options are available, but not included. Great pictures. Thanks.
Old 02-18-08, 04:51 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Great pics, congrats on the car!!!!
Old 02-18-08, 05:34 PM
RoadBiker
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by osofine149
Did Sirius, trunk mat and wheel locks come with the car? I just got notice that mine is enroute and those options are available, but not included. Great pictures. Thanks.

Sirius is a port installed option, so I caught mine in time for it to be done in Long Beach. I am sure your dealer can do for you as well. By the way, it seems Sirius is a new option and if you prefer that over XM, you may need to convince your dealer that it is really available. They added (also at the port...so I am sure you'll get this too), without my initial authorization, the Preferred Accessory Package ($210). Which turned out okay. As it includes, wheel locks, trunk mat, and trunk cargo net. Most of which I would get anyways and did not have to hassle with anything. You are going to love your car. It is great. Good luck.
Old 02-18-08, 07:36 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Beautiful pics, the car looks awesome! I love those NM rims, they're just dazzling .
Old 02-18-08, 09:02 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

they come with either bridgestone pole positions or michelin pilot PS2s
Old 02-19-08, 11:21 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
they come with either bridgestone pole positions or michelin pilot PS2s
Is this a question or an answer ??
Old 02-19-08, 12:09 PM
RoadBiker
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Is this a question or an answer ??
Yea, I am not sure either. Both are made to the specs for the IS-F.
Old 02-20-08, 07:45 PM
TrinCap
Rookie

sorry but silly question. What exactly is the difference in the NM edition? I'm having trouble spotting it.
Old 02-21-08, 03:23 AM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TrinCap
sorry but silly question. What exactly is the difference in the NM edition? I'm having trouble spotting it.
Here you go (for $68K):

NM® 2008 Lexus® IS F Special Build Sedan
Pure adrenaline, purely defined

Looking at the picture is enough to give you a head rush. The new 2008 Lexus IS F kicks luxury sedans into high performance heaven. It delivers over 400 heart-pounding horsepower and 350 lb-feet of torque from its 5.0-liter V8, and can take you from 0 to 60 in under 4.9 seconds. It has the world’s first eight-speed Sport Direct Shift gearbox and a specially engineered Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM) system featuring a high-performance sport mode. And for 50 lucky customers, it will be yours.

This IS F “Special Build” features an Obsidian black exterior with perforated black leather trimmed sports seats, specially chosen white accent stitching, unique steering wheel with white leather accents, front headrests embossed with F logo, numbered Special Build badge and a Mark Levinson® state-of-the-art CD/DVD Premium Surround Sound Audio System with navigation and Bluetooth.

Of course, all IS F high-performance sedans feature unique quad tailpipes, Brembo brakes with cross-drilled rotors and 6-piston front calipers, and 19″ forged alloy wheels, but for this limited edition the wheels have been hand-polished to a high luster. Your new IS F even includes a half-day of pro-driver training in an IS F,compliments of the Skip Barber Racing School and travel and accommodations.
Old 02-21-08, 01:00 PM
TrinCap
Rookie

So uhm, all you get is White Stitching / a slightly different steering wheel / some track time / "F" on your headrest / and uh a badge? Are those wheels different? I don't know, that seems awfully minimal to me. The rest you can get as options no?
Old 02-21-08, 01:26 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

You officially have the coolest "IS" on CL. My dealer in Orland Park, IL is supposeed to get one of the NM editions in a week or so. What an impressive steering wheel and stiching. Please post pics of the "Skip Barber" school, that would be something to see.
Old 02-21-08, 07:29 PM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TrinCap
So uhm, all you get is White Stitching / a slightly different steering wheel / some track time / "F" on your headrest / and uh a badge? Are those wheels different? I don't know, that seems awfully minimal to me. The rest you can get as options no?
I understand your point; but also keep in mind that the NM edition is a limited edition (50 units) of a limited edition car. Not my style, but I could understand why people would go for this version.
Old 02-21-08, 10:50 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Did they do anything different with the floor mats? The pre-production NM Edition IS-F I drove in Monterey back in october did not have the final production badge on the console nor did it have floormats.
Old 02-22-08, 06:14 AM
RoadBiker
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by flipside909
Did they do anything different with the floor mats? The pre-production NM Edition IS-F I drove in Monterey back in october did not have the final production badge on the console nor did it have floormats.
I have so many 'F's' in my car, that I don't know what is specific to the NM Edition and what's not. There are 'F's" on the floor mat. I think the 'F' on the headrest is unique and the steering wheel. Also I have 'F's" on the side of all my seats. I am sure I am missing some. They all do look good, though.
Old 02-22-08, 08:04 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by RoadBiker
I have so many 'F's' in my car, that I don't know what is specific to the NM Edition and what's not. There are 'F's" on the floor mat. I think the 'F' on the headrest is unique and the steering wheel. Also I have 'F's" on the side of all my seats. I am sure I am missing some. They all do look good, though.
The Headrests F's are unique to NM.... The Steering wheel badge is the same as a normal F... just the white leather section & stitching is unique..

As far as I can all the other F's are the same...

Post pics of your mats and we will tell you if those are unique too..

I also noticed on ALL IS-F's, the lower Climate Control Buttons are BLACK...
On the ISx50 they are that gunmetal color..

Of course your 32 of 50 badge is unique..

Joe Z

Quick Reply: NM Special Build is Coming to Shore !!!