IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

White IS-F arrives this week. Thinking about letting it go...

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-08, 11:36 AM
saab9-3
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default White IS-F arrives this week. Thinking about letting it go...

So I stopped at my dealership a month or two ago and told the sales manager that I was possibly interested in an IS-F, white being my favorite color. About 2 weeks ago he called me and told me that he had pulled some strings and got me a White/Black car that would come in sometime between Feb 20th and March 3rd. This was not part of his allocation, just something he got the factory to do as a favor.

My issue: I am thinking about not purchasing the car. I had expressed interest in the IS-F awhile ago- before IS-F and M3 pricing had been released. Now as the delivery date draws near, I am not 100% sure I want (or need) the car. I have nothing against the IS-F, I just don't really feel like purchasing a 400hp small sedan right now.

SO, I have a Starfire Pearl IS-F with my name on it arriving in a few days. Like I said, this car is not a part of my dealer's allocation, so it was not figured into any kind of waiting list. Also, the dealership would really love to get the sale of this car on the books for Feb, so rather than wait and try to sell it here, he is probably going to ship it off to one of the West coast dealerships if I decide to pass on it (where they will undoubtedly add $5,000 worth of "rust inhibitor," $2,000 "clearcoat," etc.). This leaves me with an opportunity to set up a fellow CL member with a brand new IS-F for sticker price, and no wait. I'm not going to put this on craigslist or ebay or anything like that- I would rather just help out a fellow enthusiast before the car gets sent off and marked up by $10k. There will be no sort of "selling my spot in line" or me buying the car, then selling it to you, it would simply be me putting you in contact with my sales manager and giving him permission to sell you my car. Anybody here who knows me knows that I have a very good relationship with my Lexus dealership, so this will not be a difficult process.

If you feel it is deserved, I would accept a finder's fee, but I am not requiring one. This is not a "For Sale" thread, nor is it an auction- I am just trying to facilitate the sale of a car that is difficult to find at sticker price.

Any thoughts?
Old 02-20-08, 11:52 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by saab9-3
...If you feel it is deserved, I would accept a finder's fee, but I am not requiring one. This is not a "For Sale" thread, nor is it an auction- I am just trying to facilitate the sale of a car that is difficult to find at sticker price.

Any thoughts?
Here are a couple of thoughts:

1. By declaring your intent to sell the car, you've made this into a "gauging interest" classified thread.

2. You're attempting to sell something you don't own.

3. The IS-F is not difficult to find at sticker price - Lexus dealerships are not allowed to mark them up. Supply is currently scarce, but there are no dealer markups.

Sorry, but this thread is closed.

Javier