IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

WTT: E55 with IS-F.

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-08, 10:39 AM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

get rid of the E55.

i would say keep it if it was the E63, cause thats a monster.

to be realistic, that car is a 2003 model...thats 5 years old,filled with 5 years old worth of technology and comfort.

get the IS-F
Old 02-22-08, 11:14 AM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by shern
mekel87

You're not making a very good case for an IS-F owner to trade their car for yours.

From your words, the E55 is a POS. Why would anybody want a POS?
Well they're very different cars... E55 is the typical AMG beast - a very high-power engine both hp and torque-wise, and is a step up in terms of cabin size over the IS-F. But also typical to AMG, it's much heavier and has worse handling. The E55 also likely has markedly worse road feel. There are plenty of people who want one aspect emphasized over the other.
Old 02-22-08, 12:03 PM
mekel87
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks guys for the advices and the comments..
i know e55 has higher class or something like that, but all i want is a pure performance car like better handling, faster shifting,etc.i dont want to have a car which only can on straight line.
also, i dont care about the comfort ride,quality, etc .. all i care is the perfomance of the car.
Old 02-22-08, 12:06 PM
ReLexin
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i've drivin a few E55's i like them a lot. But i would still switch to the IS-F
Old 02-22-08, 12:14 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mekel87
i know e55 has higher class or something like that, but all i want is a pure performance car like better handling, faster shifting,etc.i dont want to have a car which only can on straight line.
also, i dont care about the comfort ride,quality, etc .. all i care is the perfomance of the car.
consider the M3? from what i read here sounds like you need a BMW! ISF is a great car but i think its not going to offer what you are really looking for. personally my choice would be the RS4 or the M3 for performance over the ISF. ISF probably wont have much in terms of aftermarket performance like the other two will. best of luck on your search!
Old 02-22-08, 01:14 PM
mekel87
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by passnu2
consider the M3? from what i read here sounds like you need a BMW! ISF is a great car but i think its not going to offer what you are really looking for. personally my choice would be the RS4 or the M3 for performance over the ISF. ISF probably wont have much in terms of aftermarket performance like the other two will. best of luck on your search!
yup. i also consider m3 too. but, forr me is-f got better body style..and i thought is-f is faster tthan m3 . im not sure about the handling though between m3 and is-f..
thanks btw
Old 02-22-08, 01:50 PM
aco
Rookie

Do you need the 4 doors? If you are looking for a pure performance car, there are plenty out there that will out perform the sport sedan market. I am personally trying to decide between the IS-F and the GT-R. Apples to oranges, I know, but I like qualities of both.
Old 02-22-08, 01:54 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

yup. i also consider m3 too. but, forr me is-f got better body style..and i thought is-f is faster tthan m3 . im not sure about the handling though between m3 and is-f..
thanks btw
can't say until i drive the cars myself or read more reviews, but i have a feeling the m3 might have better handling and overall driving experience. still though, so far it seems like lexus is doing a very good job on the is-f
Old 02-22-08, 05:49 PM
davezaristo
Lead Lap

thanks btw
i think the body style is subjective but in terms of handling and balance, the m3 will probably edge out the IS-F. Not sure about speed but besides straight away drag, i would factor in lap time as well...just wait for best motoring to test them out then decide..
Old 02-22-08, 07:06 PM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

thanks btw
I think there's a pretty good chance that, even in a straight line, the m3 will be faster across the board. It'll be interesting to see how each pulls when starting from moderate speeds... obviously the IS-F has a bigger engine, more gears, and faster shifts - but probably has much higher drivetrain losses, not to mention that BMW's S65 engine is a real gem.

Last edited by gengar; 02-22-08 at 07:09 PM.
Old 02-22-08, 08:43 PM
TrinCap
Rookie

Eh, depends. Do you still need the brand appeal of a Benz? I've gotten a little over that as I got older. Now I just want a car that is fun and that you DONT see on the streets. Unfortunately, I'm 100% certain SF will be crawling with M3's and it already has S4's and RS4's out the wazoo. This is different, albeit a tad ricey. Go ahead and make the trade, if you don't like it, you'll dump it after a few years.
Old 02-23-08, 10:04 PM
GS430 GUY
Lexus Test Driver

Upgrade to an E63!
Old 02-24-08, 12:52 AM
NYC ES3
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by shern
mekel87

You're not making a very good case for an IS-F owner to trade their car for yours.

From your words, the E55 is a POS. Why would anybody want a POS?
+1

i think that there has not been a quality reliable fast performing car on the market for such a long time...everyone just basically delt with all the fast performing POS out there.

Sad but true....waiting for quality building companies like Honda and Toyota to finally make something that can do the 1/4 mile in at least 13.5sec with ease...that was basically affordable...you'd die...lol

Now with the IS350 and IS-F at least we have the hope of some power and big power with quality and reliability ...FINALLY
Old 02-24-08, 12:53 PM
genki
Pole Position

are you indonesian by any chance? seen your car somewhere..looks familiar. i would keep the e55 any day of the week!
Old 02-24-08, 01:59 PM
mekel87
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by genki
are you indonesian by any chance? seen your car somewhere..looks familiar. i would keep the e55 any day of the week!
yup LOL...

Quick Reply: WTT: E55 with IS-F.