21.70%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Price Comparison Poll IS-F/M3/C63

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-08, 03:50 PM
BlackGhost
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

benz all the way loork performance reptation..has it allll. even tho i think its funny to ask this question in an IS-F Fourm. ;P
Old 02-28-08, 11:31 PM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I want a Nissan GTR at MSRP with out any extra "dealer options".... hehe lol...maybe in 3 years....wait for the Nismo V Spec blah blah blah one...lol
Old 02-29-08, 06:14 AM
joshmtx
Rookie

Originally Posted by rominl
in what way? he picked the m3 in the poll?
He says the m3 because it has a real MT, but he drives an IS250 Auto? That must not be right. That does not compute. I thought perhaps his signature was wrong. Shouldn't it read 6MT?

Perhaps the manual transmission is the new slushbox. It's kinda like stirring your straw around a slushy to get things stirred up.
Old 02-29-08, 06:16 AM
joshmtx
Rookie

Since I haven't driven any of them yet, I'm not gonna vote, but I would lean towards the Lexus based on what I know now.

I wonder how pricing would have been, had the msrp's been announced in a different order?
Old 02-29-08, 09:12 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by joshmtx
He says the m3 because it has a real MT, but he drives an IS250 Auto? That must not be right. That does not compute. I thought perhaps his signature was wrong. Shouldn't it read 6MT?

Perhaps the manual transmission is the new slushbox. It's kinda like stirring your straw around a slushy to get things stirred up.
personally i don't see correlation. if i get a car like nsx or m3, me too i want MT. but if today i get the is250, i won't even bother. that's me
Old 02-29-08, 09:59 AM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BlackGhost
benz all the way loork performance reptation..has it allll. even tho i think its funny to ask this question in an IS-F Fourm. ;P
Why is it funny? The maturity of this site shows through in that we aren't all blinded by brand. We love all good cars as can be seen by the way the results are trending.

Originally Posted by CrazyMPG
I want a Nissan GTR at MSRP with out any extra "dealer options".... hehe lol...maybe in 3 years....wait for the Nismo V Spec blah blah blah one...lol
And if I could have gotten one at MSRP that's exactly what I would be driving.
Old 02-29-08, 10:30 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Mr Johnson
Why is it funny? The maturity of this site shows through in that we aren't all blinded by brand. We love all good cars as can be seen by the way the results are trending.

And if I could have gotten one at MSRP that's exactly what I would be driving.
agree. seeing how close the poll is, that says something

so what's the ongoing markup on the gtr? 20k?
Old 03-01-08, 01:16 AM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
agree. seeing how close the poll is, that says something

so what's the ongoing markup on the gtr? 20k?
someone told me that Nissan can't mark up their cars either...like Lexus...cuz if the corporate office finds out that the Nissan GTR was being marked up...that dealership won't receive anymore. I think what the dealers will do is add options like clear bra, tint, etc. to jack up the pricing...
Old 03-01-08, 02:30 AM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

someone told me that Nissan can't mark up their cars either...like Lexus...cuz if the corporate office finds out that the Nissan GTR was being marked up...that dealership won't receive anymore. I think what the dealers will do is add options like clear bra, tint, etc. to jack up the pricing...
Latest word from various blog sources is that Nissan is trying to "reduce" markups. They certainly haven't put out a mandate eliminating them.
Old 03-01-08, 01:24 PM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmm, when I was at Beverly Hills Lexus last weekend they had a black IS-F on the showrrom floor. I could have sworn it had a $10k "market adjustment" on the window sticker.
Old 03-01-08, 03:26 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by INHOCJP
Hmm, when I was at Beverly Hills Lexus last weekend they had a black IS-F on the showrrom floor. I could have sworn it had a $10k "market adjustment" on the window sticker.
yup, some dealerships balantly does that. you report them and give a "heads up" to the GM and they will take it away right the way. even better, take a picture of it with your cell phone and they could be in trouble
Old 03-01-08, 08:44 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by KILLERGS4
of the three cars, which one will compare with Porsche 911 and Nissan GT-R... yes only one, the M3 (granted it will lose) but it's a great sports car... IS-F = wantabe; C63 = muscle car.

You missed the Top Gear where the 997 KILLED the M3 on a track. Killed it.

I'd choose the IS-F, mostly because it's different.

The M3 will be popular with the Chinese college students and the 20-
something Persian dudes around here. I'm not saying that to be racist,
that's just the reality of who drives them here...

The Mercedes has a beast of an engine, but somehow the new C just
doesn't do it for me.
Old 03-01-08, 10:07 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by SoCalSC4

doesn't do it for me.
oh come on now bob, so i can't get the m3 now?
Old 03-01-08, 10:53 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

How anyone would buy a first gen ISF for more than an M3 blows my mind. The beamer will work the ISF. The ISF is still to new, and is built on an IS platform. The M3 is in its 4th or 5th generation. Its evolved. I dont like german cars generally. Hell my license plate is I8ABMR, but you got to know where the real respect belongs. And the guys who designed the last M3's never let anyone down. I used to talk alot of crap about the BMW's until you drive one. Yeah, my G35 was faster than any stock 3 series bimmer ( last gen ). But the first time I drove the 335, I understood why the 3 series is the benchmark, and all of the others are chasing. Its the handling, ride , response. You feel like its not just a big *** motor in a small car, its the total car as a package in terms of performance. Now if they could just make them more reliable, they really would be the freakn ultimate driving machines. No disrespect to the ISF guys. The car is unbelievable ( on paper), but chance in hell that it will dethrone the M3 on the first shot. Lexus will need some time to perfect the car ( at least 2-3 generations. I know BMW had more company backing in developing the M3 than toyota had with the ISF. I know this is offensive sacrilige on this sirte, but thats my opinion. The M3 is a car that I have seen go head to head even with a FERRARI 360 MODENA on a track, and passed it in the end bec of better brakes. Lexus shoehorned a modified LS v8 into the IS and doubled the damping and spring rates, and add paddle shifters and they think thats going to take the king down ? I am not so sure. But I will be waiting for that Road & Travk to come out. Im sure its coming soon.

Last edited by I8ABMR; 03-01-08 at 11:00 PM.
Old 03-01-08, 11:02 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalSC4

doesn't do it for me.
I dont think it would be fair to compare the 997 to an M3. The 997 is probably a step higher

Quick Reply: Price Comparison Poll IS-F/M3/C63