IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

How many ISF's will be built a year...?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-08, 01:55 PM
gumdo2000
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMHO any car you could go down the showroom and pick it up right away for MSRP is not exclusive. My personal definition of exclusivity is a car that is produce in limited quantities (for what ever reason), or you have to pay over MSRP, wait on a waiting list.
Old 03-08-08, 05:40 PM
LexFather

Lexus has stated they would like 300-500 units per month sold this year in the USA.
Old 03-08-08, 07:52 PM
toyotadad
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gumdo2000
IMHO any car you could go down the showroom and pick it up right away for MSRP is not exclusive. My personal definition of exclusivity is a car that is produce in limited quantities (for what ever reason), or you have to pay over MSRP, wait on a waiting list.
Wow! So, if it were $10K over sticker, THAT would be exclusive? Lexus does not like seeing ADP on its cars, but cannot tell its dealers what price tag they can put on a car. It's called price-fixing and is against federal law.

As for exclusivity ... well, I don't think I'm going to see myself coming and going in the Portland, OR, area. After the first 300 miles, I'd say the "F" is everything I thought it would be.
Old 03-08-08, 11:33 PM
f=ma
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I disagree. I do not believe that getting at MSRP vs over MSRP will determine if its exclusive or not. I feel that exclusive is up to one's own interpretation. But remember this, two years from now, when every yoohoo has an M3, we'll see how many IS-F will be roaming around, then we can compare rarity.
Old 03-09-08, 05:05 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kt22cliff
My point is, in this performance/sport coupe/sedan/vert category where IS-F M3 RS4 S4 C63amg is fighting for same possible buyers, you can't say IS-F is exclusive b/c there is gonna be less number of IS-F vs M3. The reason there will be less IS-F vs say M3 is not b/c Lexus kept the number down artificially to make it "exclusive", it's b/c for whatever reason, more buyers choose M3 over IS-F. Just like you can't say Ford is more exclusive than Toyota just b/c they sell less cars now. The reason Ford sell less than Toyota is not b/c Ford can sell more but decide to keep the number down. It's b/c people buy more Toyota than Ford for whatever reason - more reliable etc whatever.
I just find you reasoning a little odd. I have it from a good source here in Japan that they are keeping units down to promote what everyone is calling "exclusive" . It has nothing to do with the M3 or the C63 for that matter, other than the fact that they happen to be the competion. Over here it is over a 12 month wait for the IS-F and I know other people who are now being told it will be 18 months, if that is normal for a car then I agree with you and these cars are not "exclusive".
Old 03-09-08, 05:10 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So what if you couldn't pick it up right away and have to go on a waiting list but still at the MSRP? Would that throw you into confusion, like the guy with the "7 minute abbs" (if you seen "somthing about Mary" then you will know what I am talking about)
Old 03-09-08, 05:21 PM
LexFather

BMW has stated they will build over 100,000 M3s this go round. That dwarfs total IS-F production.
Old 03-10-08, 10:28 AM
gumdo2000
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by toyotadad
Wow! So, if it were $10K over sticker, THAT would be exclusive?
Many dealers are charging 10k over but that's another topic.

Dealership could mark it over 10k only if the market allows it, regardless of the car. The consumers have dicated what the market value of a vehicle is and no everyone that wants one will get it. In my personal book, this makes it exclusive. I guess there is no clear definition.

As for exclusivity ... well, I don't think I'm going to see myself coming and going in the Portland, OR, area. After the first 300 miles, I'd say the "F" is everything I thought it would be.
whaat???? may it's me or too early but come again?
Old 03-10-08, 10:32 AM
gumdo2000
Driver School Candidate

anyway guys what it comes down to it, it's a great car. Regadless of exclusivity let enjoy it.

It would be great if I had one and took it out on a weekend to buy a cup of coffee. Or better yet meet others and they buy me a cup of coffee.