IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Any after market exhausts out yet?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-08, 08:58 AM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Any after market exhausts out yet?

Just want to know if there are any after market exhausts out yet for the IS-F?
With an engine like it has, I want a better exhaust note, like something louder. (not saying it isn't good now, I just want a little more)
Old 03-15-08, 09:36 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

lol you can always just take out the resonators if you want loud
Old 03-15-08, 12:46 PM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

we'll see what HKS, Tanabe or LMS come out with.........
Old 03-15-08, 01:19 PM
FASKINE
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I suggest not changing the exhaust it was designed with a lot of purpose in mind. The way the exhaust is setup, you won't even be able to see it with the rear diffusers and bumper blocking it off. The actual exhaust ends about 3inches beofre the fake pipes that you see in the rear. Those fake pipes are there and act a rear diffusers which actually create downforce at speeds over 120mph. Remove the resonator if you want louder but remember this is not a honda 4cyl, its a REAL performace vehicle.
Old 03-15-08, 05:00 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
lol you can always just take out the resonators if you want loud
LOL. Rominl, you have to remeber I am still only 32, and I still like cars loud! LOL
Originally Posted by LexISguy
we'll see what HKS, Tanabe or LMS come out with.........
I could go down to my local performace parts place and ask them , but work keeps from doing so. I would think HKS ect would still keep the performance in mind, but there will be makers in the "V.I.P" market here in Japan that should bring some aftermarket parts out.
Originally Posted by FASKINE
I suggest not changing the exhaust it was designed with a lot of purpose in mind. The way the exhaust is setup, you won't even be able to see it with the rear diffusers and bumper blocking it off. The actual exhaust ends about 3inches beofre the fake pipes that you see in the rear. Those fake pipes are there and act a rear diffusers which actually create downforce at speeds over 120mph. Remove the resonator if you want louder but remember this is not a honda 4cyl, its a REAL performace vehicle.
I am not really that concerned with performance per say, of corse I don't want it to go down, but having traffic lights every 150ft is not a place to unleash a car like this, hense the reason for the other driving pleasure having a nice sounding car. BUT, you can still have a load exhaust and gain more performance.

Last edited by Dave600hL; 03-16-08 at 06:23 AM.
Old 03-15-08, 06:43 PM
The Detail Dude
Pole Position

Borla has something in the plans. At least that what I understand after talking with a local rep. That will help make it louder, BUT with the way the rear exhaust was designed....not only to help with rear downforce but also help eliminate back pressure! Pros and cons to both.

I do have one question though.....are the resonators electronic and only open up at highr RPM's? The Corvette ZO6 is like that, and I am curious to know if this exhaust is simlilar??
Old 03-16-08, 06:24 AM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by The Detail Dude
Borla has something in the plans. At least that what I understand after talking with a local rep. That will help make it louder, BUT with the way the rear exhaust was designed....not only to help with rear downforce but also help eliminate back pressure! Pros and cons to both.

I do have one question though.....are the resonators electronic and only open up at highr RPM's? The Corvette ZO6 is like that, and I am curious to know if this exhaust is simlilar??
It sucks when cars become too sophisticated.
Old 03-16-08, 08:02 AM
The Detail Dude
Pole Position

You're right Dave. Can't work on them the way we used too growing up.....
Old 03-17-08, 10:41 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts

I would think any aftermarket company that designs just the axle / resonator back section..

.. will make sure that what ever tips come out of the mufflers will work in conjuction with the faux Tips located on the IS-F.. which route all of the exhaust air flow just as its currently designed..

Good and/or bad thing is the tips do not need to be "finished" since they are going to be "hidden" so to speak...

Joe Z
Old 03-17-08, 11:08 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

I spoke to the sales manager where I purchased my car he mentioned somthing about lexus coming out with a sport line for the IS-F down the road not sure when perhaps sometime this summer. I guess we have to wait and see....
Old 03-17-08, 12:00 PM
miniround
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I spoke to the sales manager where I purchased my car he mentioned somthing about lexus coming out with a sport line for the IS-F down the road not sure when perhaps sometime this summer. I guess we have to wait and see....
i think he misunderstood what you may have asked. Lexus is releasing F style wheels, brakes, and accessories for non-F cars. This line will not include an exhaust upgrade...
Old 03-17-08, 12:13 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts

Originally Posted by miniround
i think he misunderstood what you may have asked. Lexus is releasing F style wheels, brakes, and accessories for non-F cars. This line will not include an exhaust upgrade...
^ Umm there actually IS an "F Sport" Exhaust slated for the IS250 / IS350..

Joe Z
Old 03-17-08, 04:32 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

I he may have been talking about the IS250/IS350, unless you are thinking of the IS-Fr?

BTW, on that topic, some people are just passing it off as a rumor, but I have a pretty reliable source that says the IS-F will release an "R" version.
Old 03-17-08, 07:01 PM
The Detail Dude
Pole Position

R as in....R they really gonna do it? LOL

That would be cool......or should I say a cool 80K?
Old 03-18-08, 01:16 AM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by The Detail Dude
R as in....R they really gonna do it? LOL

That would be cool......or should I say a cool 80K?
Haven't heard reasonably confirmed price yet, but it looks like it could be around $10-15K more expensive than MRSP

Quick Reply: Any after market exhausts out yet?