IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Welcome to Club Lexus! IS-F owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-17, 06:53 PM
Joker4096
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by KraziAzn
Long time member here, finally decide to pull the trigger! Picked up this beauty from a fellow member here! Here it is next to my 2015 WRX. Nebula Grey w/ red interior!

Wow both cars look great. Which do you think handles better?
Old 02-13-17, 01:09 AM
KraziAzn
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Joker4096
Wow both cars look great. Which do you think handles better?
As of right now the WRX. I got full coilovers along with 265 all around. But the ISF straight line power is no joke. 5.0L V8 vs 2.0L I4 turbo. Literally the ISF have twice the size of engine as my wrx,
Old 02-13-17, 02:47 AM
kartoos100
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Long time member. Got the F Just after Christmas. Loving it so far.

Name:  IMAG1540.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  320.2 KB
Old 02-13-17, 11:58 AM
prosem
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys,

New member. I picked up my 08 SGM in October of last year. The car has almost 170k and is in excellent condition. Mods so far are 2012 Headlights and Bayson R front lip before I put it in storage for the winter. Happy to be an ISF owner and be on this forum.

Matt
Old 02-13-17, 01:55 PM
Need4Speed
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by mk416
Hey! I'm definitely down to meet next time! Will check out the section. Thanks for the warm welcomes!
Sounds good, you're very welcome!
Old 02-13-17, 01:57 PM
Need4Speed
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by KraziAzn
Long time member here, finally decide to pull the trigger! Picked up this beauty from a fellow member here! Here it is next to my 2015 WRX. Nebula Grey w/ red interior!

Welcome to the F-Club! Enjoy my friend and feel free to PM if you ever have any mod questions.
Old 02-19-17, 07:00 AM
spollack93
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What's up IS F brothers and sisters. Just found this site about a week ago. Love all of the information on mod's or whatever else your looking for. Purchased The Beast last January. Quick pic after pulling out yesterday. Winter is almost over...thank goodness. Hello to all.

Old 02-20-17, 09:36 AM
Need4Speed
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by spollack93
What's up IS F brothers and sisters. Just found this site about a week ago. Love all of the information on mod's or whatever else your looking for. Purchased The Beast last January. Quick pic after pulling out yesterday. Winter is almost over...thank goodness. Hello to all.

Welcome to the family! Beautiful setup with the Vossen CV3-R's. Feel free to PM if you ever have any mod questions.
The following users liked this post:
spollack93 (03-01-17)
Old 02-21-17, 03:49 PM
AZN Lex
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2009 isf

Hi everyone.
Long time member but mainly in the SC forums. After deciding to get a sedan to fit a car seat, I was looking for GS350/430 or IS350. Luck would have it, I was able to find a 1-owner, maintained at the Lexus Dealer, clean carfax, and lady driven 2009 ISF. The mileage is a little high at 156k but I feel I for a fair price and this won't be my daily. Only had it one day but I'm pretty happy with the purchase so far. Haven't seen many starfire pearls in the area so I kinda like that.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! IS-F owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-img_3855.jpg  

Last edited by AZN Lex; 04-01-17 at 08:05 PM.
Old 02-21-17, 04:38 PM
5LITERV8YO
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by spollack93

Black is a classy color. I like it. It also looks menacing. =)
The following users liked this post:
spollack93 (03-01-17)
Old 02-22-17, 09:11 AM
quikturbo
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Ended up picking up a new daily 08' with 64k miles. I am in love with this car, what a blast it is. I traded in my 16' Limited Tucson as it was having a number of issues with the new DCT and after multiple recalls and "fixes" it still just didn't feel right. Loved the car otherwise. It was a hard decision to give up a warranty and much lower mileage but you can't duplicate the enjoyment of the car.
My wife was afraid to drive it so that helped me persuade her I was better off just getting into something else, and something I enjoyed more. She was somewhat gunshy as the last time I wanted a Sports sedan, I bought a 2010 ctsv and modded the hell out of it, then immediately sold it as it just wast not "me". She gave the thumbs up and I started looking. Worked out since the local Toyota dealer had one come in on a trade-in at another one of their Porsche dealers and it was meticulously maintained and services. The car is immaculate and really only need to do brakes on the rears at this point.

Looking forward to being back on the forum, previously in my former life I had a white 1000hp 2jz swapped SC300 This car will not get that treatment lol, I have a 66 Mustang I've swapped a coyote motor into with a tko600 to enjoy as the drag/weekend car.

Name:  ct-isf-1_zps2uiviyce.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  140.0 KB

Chris
Old 02-22-17, 09:42 AM
Need4Speed
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by AZN Lex
Hi everyone.
Long time member but mainly in the SC forums. After deciding to get a sedan to fit a car seat, I was looking for GS350/430 or IS350. Luck would have it, I was able to find a 1-owner, maintained at the Lexus Dealer, clean carfax, and lady driven 2009 ISF. The mileage is a little high at 156k but I feel I for a fair price and this won't be my daily. Only had it one day but I'm pretty happy with the purchase so far. Haven't seen many sapphire pearls in the area so I kinda like that.
Congrats and great color choice! Feel free to PM if you may have any mod questions.
Old 02-22-17, 09:45 AM
Need4Speed
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by quikturbo
Ended up picking up a new daily 08' with 64k miles. I am in love with this car, what a blast it is. I traded in my 16' Limited Tucson as it was having a number of issues with the new DCT and after multiple recalls and "fixes" it still just didn't feel right. Loved the car otherwise. It was a hard decision to give up a warranty and much lower mileage but you can't duplicate the enjoyment of the car.
My wife was afraid to drive it so that helped me persuade her I was better off just getting into something else, and something I enjoyed more. She was somewhat gunshy as the last time I wanted a Sports sedan, I bought a 2010 ctsv and modded the hell out of it, then immediately sold it as it just wast not "me". She gave the thumbs up and I started looking. Worked out since the local Toyota dealer had one come in on a trade-in at another one of their Porsche dealers and it was meticulously maintained and services. The car is immaculate and really only need to do brakes on the rears at this point.

Looking forward to being back on the forum, previously in my former life I had a white 1000hp 2jz swapped SC300 This car will not get that treatment lol, I have a 66 Mustang I've swapped a coyote motor into with a tko600 to enjoy as the drag/weekend car.

Chris
Congrats on the purchase! Feel free to PM if you may have any mod questions.
Old 03-23-17, 03:22 PM
Dtaylor3
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking Isf

What's up guys. Just picked up my first ISF. I'm a long time member of Club Lexus because I own a 1995 SC300.

1. Custom Orange
2. Nav/ML
3. Black
4. Vossen Wheels
5. No Pre Crash
7. Sunroof

Wasn't sure how I felt about the color... but its starting to grow on me
Old 03-27-17, 06:13 AM
jydog
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all Kelly from Florida here. I have been dreaming of an ISF since I first saw one in 2008, but it wasn't in the cards. My wife and kids always took priority, as they should. This time the wife let me spoil myself a little since she has an new SUV (not the one in the picture).

1. White
2. NAV/ML
3. Black
4. Factory
5. No PC
7. Sunroof

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! IS-F owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE