IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Welcome to Club Lexus! IS-F owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-19, 11:20 AM
FastAsF
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi everyone.

Like most, I've been lurking on the forums reading threads and gathering some great info about the ISF. After searching for a while, I finally found a 2011 in really good condition. I'm in love with this car!

1. Obsidian Black
2. Nav/ML
3. White on black Interior
4.This is my second Lexus. Had a 2002 IS300 5-speed manual. Full Figs engineering adjustable suspension bits.
5. Clean CarFax
6. PICS, PICS, PICS!!!
7. Sunroof
8. Kitchener Ontario, Canada (hour west of Toronto)
9. I'll post some pics once I figure out how haha

Last edited by FastAsF; 10-29-20 at 08:10 PM.
Old 12-30-19, 10:35 AM
petoria
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Picked up a new to me 2008 IS F! Just over the moon, been wanting one for a while. So fortunate that the previous owner took great care of it, and I'll be sure to continue on with it. Drives like a dream and when that F roar comes on...oh my...in LOVE. So glad to be an owner!!!!

1. Obsidian

2. Nav/ML
3. Black
4. Altezza RS200 and Prius C in the stable
5. No Pre-Crash
6. Will Snap and upload
7. Sunroof
8. Alberta, Canada
Old 01-05-20, 12:02 PM
CSpecISF
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Hi all! Wow, so many new Canadian F owners recently! I'm adding myself to the list! Since its inception, I've absolutely loved the IS-F, it's been one of the top cars on my list to own for quite some time. I've had the pleasure of driving these cars in the past, but couldn't find one that I felt comfortable buying for one reason or another (being picky gets the best of me sometimes). Discouraged, I almost gave up the search for an IS-F and nearly bought a 2IS IS350 instead. Long story short, I finally found my 2008 IS-F with no claims or accidents, fairly low mileage and 1 owner (I'm the second). I was originally looking for a 10+, but I simply couldn't turn this one down with everything considered, and I'm glad I didn't. I'm incredibly happy with the car!!!

1. Obsidian (Black)

2. Nav + Mark Levinson
3. Black
4. Also have a 14 RX350 F-Sport, and some other non-Lexus Japanese vehicles.
5. Canadian car, 1 owner, clean title, zero claims, low mileage.
6. Pics coming soon.
7. Sunroof
8. Toronto area, ON
9. See # 6
Old 01-16-20, 07:34 AM
rexassian
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sup y'all, just picked up my 2013 F last month w/ 58k miles and have been reading a bunch on here. I'm mostly keeping mine stock for now as it's primary function is daily driver. I have another project that I'm working on for now with my '99 4runner off-road toy. I hope to come back to the F in time and add some fun mods and enhancements for occasional weekend track time. Central Texas has CotA mainly but a few other smaller tracks that are mostly member-only but sometimes open up for HPDE days so I'll hit those when I can. If time allows, maybe I can make some trips to Houston or Dallas for more tracks there. Anyway, I'm the third owner, bought local off craigslist.

1. Neb gray pearl
2. Nav & ML
3. Red
4. PO unfortunately sold OE wheels and installed painted GS F-sport (I think?) wheels. They're OK for DD but I'll buy a set for the track that's more agressive
5. clean history
6. PICS - working on it, weather has been poop lately...
7. Sunroof - not thrilled as I'm 6'2" and it's not great headroom
8. Austin, Tx

Last edited by rexassian; 01-16-20 at 03:32 PM.
Old 01-16-20, 03:29 PM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 209 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by rexassian
Sup y'all, just picked up my F last month and have been reading a bunch on here. I'm mostly keeping mine stock for now as it's primary function is daily driver. I have another project that I'm working on for now with my '99 4runner off-road toy. I hope to come back to the F in time and add some fun mods and enhancements for occasional weekend track time. Central Texas has CotA mainly but a few other smaller tracks that are mostly member-only but sometimes open up for HPDE days so I'll hit those when I can. If time allows, maybe I can make some trips to Houston or Dallas for more tracks there. Anyway, I'm the third owner, bought local off craigslist.

1. Neb gray pearl
2. Nav & ML
3. Red
4. PO unfortunately sold OE wheels and installed painted GS F-sport (I think?) wheels. They're OK for DD but I'll buy a set for the track that's more agressive
5. clean history
6. PICS - working on it, weather has been poop lately...
7. Sunroof - not thrilled as I'm 6'2" and it's not great headroom
8. Austin, Tx
Congrats and welcome! Sounds like you have a 2012+ model. Sounds like you have 2 cars to buy mods for now..ha!
Old 01-16-20, 03:31 PM
rexassian
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by msgs350
Congrats and welcome! Sounds like you have a 2012+ model. Sounds like you have 2 cars to buy mods for now..ha!
Thanks! Yes, good point, I forgot to mention that it's a 2013 w/ 58k miles. And yes, two toys to mod...
Old 01-16-20, 03:35 PM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 209 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by rexassian
Thanks! Yes, good point, I forgot to mention that it's a 2013 w/ 58k miles. And yes, two toys to mod...
Truth.
I have a 2012 IS-F with the same color combo as yours and just picked up a 2020 Tacoma. I thought modding the F was expensive, this Tacoma is going to hurt.
Old 01-27-20, 07:22 PM
dimaevt
Driver School Candidate

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi guys, I recently picked up a 2014 ISF. It's my first Lexus and I am in love with it. My previous car was a base model Subaru, so its a night and day difference in overall quality and features. It's a fantastic car. Here's some info and a pic!

Blue
50k miles
Nav/ML

Red leather / alcantara seats
No accident
Sunroof

I'm definitely gonna keep it stock, with the exception of a catback exhaust. I was originally looking at E92 M3s but opted for the ISF given how reliable it is compared to the beamer

The following 2 users liked this post by dimaevt:
1USBISF (01-27-20), Rickna (02-03-20)
Old 02-23-20, 02:47 PM
LDYLXS
Driver School Candidate

Joining the forum after 9 years of being an owner. I recently fell in love with Roxanne (my car) again. I think I took her for granted. I knew she was amazing, but I just forgot how much so. After deciding to give her to my sister I started looking for a new car. After a long search I realized there wasn't any car I could find under ($110,000) that I liked better than Roxanne.

Introducing Roxanne:
1. 2011 Matador Red, Purchased New(Original Owner)

2. 82K
3. Fully loaded including K40 Radar detector integrated into the Navigation system
3a. Had multiple speeding tickets before Roxanne. Zero, yes zero tickets since purchasing Roxanne. The K40 radar has been amazing,
4. Sunroof
5. No accidents
6. Bought in Texas. The dealership says it's the only one they sold that year
7. Recently added front in dashcams

Isn't she lovely? The pictures really don't do her justice. She's all original. I thought about getting a rear diffuser, but I like her as she is after all this time.
The reason for joining the forum? Now that I've fallen back in love with Roxanne I would like to find a red ISF die cast model. If anyone has one for sale or knows of one for sale, please let me know.
The following users liked this post:
1USBISF (02-23-20)
Old 02-23-20, 04:27 PM
1USBISF
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LDYLXS
Joining the forum after 9 years of being an owner. I recently fell in love with Roxanne (my car) again. I think I took her for granted. I knew she was amazing, but I just forgot how much so. After deciding to give her to my sister I started looking for a new car. After a long search I realized there wasn't any car I could find under ($110,000) that I liked better than Roxanne.

Introducing Roxanne:
1. 2011 Matador Red, Purchased New(Original Owner)

2. 82K
3. Fully loaded including K40 Radar detector integrated into the Navigation system
3a. Had multiple speeding tickets before Roxanne. Zero, yes zero tickets since purchasing Roxanne. The K40 radar has been amazing,
4. Sunroof
5. No accidents
6. Bought in Texas. The dealership says it's the only one they sold that year
7. Recently added front in dashcams

Isn't she lovely? The pictures really don't do her justice. She's all original. I thought about getting a rear diffuser, but I like her as she is after all this time.
The reason for joining the forum? Now that I've fallen back in love with Roxanne I would like to find a red ISF die cast model. If anyone has one for sale or knows of one for sale, please let me know.
Beautiful...are you still Texas? I’m in Dallas with a USB
Old 02-23-20, 05:16 PM
LDYLXS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 1USBISF
Beautiful...are you still Texas? I’m in Dallas with a USB
Still here.
Old 02-25-20, 12:15 AM
Mr20v
7th Gear

Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey guys, n00b here from Australia.

I bought my 2010 Starfire Pearl ISF about 3 months ago now after selling all my motorcycles (had an accident & destroyed my knee, so will never ride again unfortunately) - have liked the ISF since its release & the prices have fallen right into my bracket, so here we are!

I've been doing little bits & pieces since I bought it, including a carbon intake pipe, XForce exhaust system, KW V3 coilovers, F-Sport rear sway bar, Ultra Racing front & rear strut braces, VLand taillights, 2011 replica headlights (I'm not a fan of the VLand headlights, sorry), a Wald replica rear spoiler and have also got some new wheels & rubber to go on it, but will need some adjustable suspension arms to massage it all into place in the rear.

I noticed a bunch of coolant leaking through the holes in the transmission undertray, which led me to find a valley plate leak. Woo!
So I repaired it myself on the weekend with help from the tutorials here on CL & it appears to have been a great success.
While I was at it, I changed the water pump & thermostat and also swapped the radiatior for an alloy Koyo racing rad & added a larger B&M transmission cooler.

I'll take some proper photos of the car once the wheels are on it, but just thought I'd drop these here & say G'day.

The following 3 users liked this post by Mr20v:
ALexusF (02-27-20), PJSnow (04-03-20), Rickna (03-02-20)
Old 03-26-20, 09:54 PM
ChpEng
Intermediate

Received 275 Likes on 156 Posts

Hello, Club Lexus! I have been browsing, lurking, and reading here for several months and just wanted to say how much I appreciate the collegial and informative community here. I have benefited tremendously and look forward to contributing back to the group.

I am the 3rd owner of my 2011 IS-F, which is nearing 120k miles. This car puts a stupid grin on my face every time I drive it. Amazing.

1. Mercury Metallic (1F2)
2. Nav/ML
3. Black Leather/Alcantara
4. First RWD vehicle. Previous vehicles have been FWD: Acura, Mazda, Acura.
5. Absolutely, positively no Pre-Crash whatsoever. None. Ever.
6. I can post photos when the weather improves and the car is clean. :-)
7. Sunroof.
8. CA
Old 03-29-20, 04:57 AM
LegnaP
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. 2009 USB Mica
2. Nav/ML
3. Black Leather/blue stitching
4.previous car was a 2008 Acura TL Type-S,big upgrade lol
5. no Pre-Crash
7. Sunroof.
8. MA
6:

Old 04-01-20, 10:04 PM
ChpEng
Intermediate

Received 275 Likes on 156 Posts

Definitely not a glamour shot, but here is the F's first oil change while in my care.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! IS-F owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE