IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Lexus has a decrease in sales? maybe there will be a deal.

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-08, 08:49 AM
SilverBull
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lexus has a decrease in sales? maybe there will be a deal.

Check out the recent article up there. It says that Lexus had a 11.8% decrease in sales versus last March. That, in my eyes, says they will begin to discount these cars if inventory goes up.
Old 04-02-08, 09:11 AM
ArticKnght
Advanced

Received 173 Likes on 81 Posts

I think that this trend will continue, given the current state of the economy headed toward recession. Luxury items are usually the first to feel the effects of a down turn. I think that once the the buzz has played out on the ISF, say about this coming fall / winter I think that you will be able to find an ISF discounted nicely below MSRP. Some other incentives such as financing rates and options on the car might be helpful bargaining chips when it comes to some one looking to purchasing an ISF in this time frame...like my self

Thats my quick economic take on this topic

I nd ISF
Old 04-02-08, 01:00 PM
sincityIS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

haha, you say "verge of recession" we are in a deep recession on our way to a Depression. The dollar is falling hard becaue the Fed keeps printing phony money, interest rates are dropping. All I can say is buy metals.
Old 04-02-08, 01:12 PM
Jedidiah
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sincityIS
haha, you say "verge of recession" we are in a deep recession on our way to a Depression. The dollar is falling hard becaue the Fed keeps printing phony money, interest rates are dropping. All I can say is buy metals.
Man you just a barrel of light and joy. Depression huh? What doomsday analyst have you been listening to? Sure we will see a little recession, but depression? Look at our economic history.... its called a cycle. We are in one right now.

Keep the "Depression" talk to those that have nothing better to do then talk about their frustrations instead of working towards resolving them.
Old 04-02-08, 01:37 PM
ArticKnght
Advanced

Received 173 Likes on 81 Posts

Depression... I highly doubt it. One of the main reasons the depression happened was combination of companies making up there books due to no account regulations, to keep stock prices inflated. Once this came to light stocks plunged people made runs to the banks in an attemp to pull there money (again no regulations). This in turn made the crash even worse. This is a quick and dirty explantion but there as alot more to it. Hell I did a 20 page paper on it in college (Economics Major Minor Finance) .

What was gained from this was circuit breakers in the markets to prevent these kind of melt downs like in 1929. Yes, the markets go in cycles and we are entering a down turn toward ression, but deffinately not a depression.

I agree that Bernake is not helping much by continuing to lower rates. Where is good old Greenspan when you need him most ?
Old 04-02-08, 02:14 PM
sincityIS
Lexus Champion

there different kinds of depressions, we are facing an inflationary depression. Go to www.infowars.com and educate yourselves to make valid arguments instead of parroting what the main stream media feeds you.
Old 04-02-08, 02:32 PM
Jedidiah
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sincityIS
there different kinds of depressions, we are facing an inflationary depression. Go to www.infowars.com and educate yourselves to make valid arguments instead of parroting what the main stream media feeds you.
haha...... I haven't laughed this hard in a while. The irony that you are telling any of us to form valid arguments and to stop "parroting what the main stream media feeds" us.

The reality is that YOU are the one feeding off media hype. How old are you anyways? 18.... maybe 19? Did you professor tell you about that website? Did he also tell you about this "massive depression" were in for while he sits in his ivory tower doing nothing but spilling conjecture into your mind? Go read a history book and tell me about all the depressions this country has seen.

The only thing you are doing is typing drivel that is intended to scare people or create controversy. Go to the local street corner with this garbage and spare this forum from your non-sense.
Old 04-02-08, 02:44 PM
dkaplan435
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Things ain't good right now. That's a simple fact.
Old 04-02-08, 02:49 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

guys, please get back on topic or this is going to clubhouse (not even car chat)
Old 04-02-08, 03:05 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts

I say deals on the IS-F will be coming quickly...

Like maybe by May or June you will be able to buy below MSRP..

Thats my opinion!!!

Joe Z

P.S. - Our current Economy is not stable right now.. Just watch the stock market, like I do!!!
Old 04-02-08, 04:09 PM
Badman Forever
Lead Lap

I could see there being more 'consistent' deals on the is-f next yr. Right now, this is still a highly sought after special enthusiast car and is doing double of it's projected target. I believe they planned to sell only 150-200 per month in the USA.. but looking at last month (March) they sold 323. That's double baby! I do feel bad for those in Japan that have to wait a year on the list.
Old 04-02-08, 04:20 PM
sincityIS
Lexus Champion

I am most likely going to buy an ISF in a few months when they will offer discounts.

No I am 29. I graduated 7 years ago. And I have read the history books and I know history repeats itself. So what are you saying, by saying "go read the history books" you are further backing up my point. END OF DISCUSSION.
Old 04-02-08, 05:19 PM
LexFather

IS-F is a low production vehicle....let us remember CAli got MOST of the allocation so far, as other dealers get their cars, sales will rise, as will warmer weather.

I do agree, this economic climate though doesn't favor this ENTIRE market. Everyone is pretty much down in sales.
Old 04-02-08, 05:32 PM
nysupraman
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
I say deals on the IS-F will be coming quickly...

Like maybe by May or June you will be able to buy below MSRP..

Thats my opinion!!!

Joe Z

P.S. - Our current Economy is not stable right now.. Just watch the stock market, like I do!!!
i have to wait until end of May for mine due to a current lease not ending soon enough, the salesman said he can do 2-3k off by then
Old 04-02-08, 05:54 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

You can buy a M3 under MSRP now if you try hard.

Quick Reply: Lexus has a decrease in sales? maybe there will be a deal.