IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Wasnt the C63 suppose to be more than the ISF?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-08, 11:33 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts
Default Wasnt the C63 suppose to be more than the ISF?

I thought we discussed that the IS-F was more expensive than the M3 but cheaper by a little bit than the C63.

but the mercedes' website was updated today to include the C63 price, at $54,625

this is bad news
Old 04-12-08, 12:17 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 188 Likes on 146 Posts

not another base price talk man get a similarly equipped c63 and we will do the comparison. base prices are as pointless as we can get

and yes, base price of c63 has always been very close to m3
Old 04-13-08, 09:51 PM
btwanky
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this car will most likely hit the 70,000$ mark
Old 04-13-08, 10:00 PM
ldc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Over here, Lexus Australia now seeking the IS-F to either change it's pricing or upgrade the car before coming into the country. This, i am more eccentric than the psycho in my sig to say was due to the c63 aggressive pricing.

Currently the c63 is 15K (USD) cheaper than the IS-F AND 20K cheaper than the M3 when you covert AUD to USD (and in Australia pricings).
Old 04-14-08, 06:58 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

go option out a C63 to have the same standard features/options as a Nav/ML IS-F, then get back to us
Old 04-14-08, 07:50 AM
ldc
Lexus Test Driver

I know what you mean but you gotto know that if you buy a performance car your first priority is it's performance. We can bring options and other things that we know Lexus has over it competitors to the table and debate about pricings all day long but that won't change the fact that you can potentially drive away with a faster and cheaper car than the F (we are talking about a 6.2L AMG unit in a C class base range merc).
Old 04-14-08, 08:26 AM
kickhard
Pole Position

And the only way you will ever see a base C63 is if you order it. Fact is most people will not want a base car. Thats why MB sends dealers cars equiped with most options. This also hurts on resale of the base car.

Point in case is the new GTR. I was just contacted by the GM of the dealership about my order and nissan will not allocate them any base cars for the 1st year(out of 4). Only premium pack cars. Sure there will be the 1 in 1000 that wants a base car but car manufacturers know the buying car market and have done tons of surveys of potential owners to figure this out.

Last edited by kickhard; 04-14-08 at 10:55 AM.
Old 04-14-08, 12:53 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
go option out a C63 to have the same standard features/options as a Nav/ML IS-F, then get back to us
I think C63 is around 63k fully loaded with all the options.

Not a bad deal.
Old 04-14-08, 02:17 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 188 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by STIG
I think C63 is around 63k fully loaded with all the options.

Not a bad deal.
fully loaded with ALL options? that looks too cheap. a "normally" loaded m3 is already around 67-68k
Old 04-14-08, 03:13 PM
Badman Forever
Lead Lap

the mercedes and bmw are 'cheaper' cars anyways.. now it's finally reflecting in their new pricing.
Old 04-14-08, 05:54 PM
ldc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by kickhard
And the only way you will ever see a base C63 is if you order it. Fact is most people will not want a base car. Thats why MB sends dealers cars equiped with most options. This also hurts on resale of the base car.

Point in case is the new GTR. I was just contacted by the GM of the dealership about my order and nissan will not allocate them any base cars for the 1st year(out of 4). Only premium pack cars. Sure there will be the 1 in 1000 that wants a base car but car manufacturers know the buying car market and have done tons of surveys of potential owners to figure this out.
This is where you have been mislead in believing that people do not want a base car. We are talking about the top end performance car and like i said what people buy these cas for are it's performance first and foremost, not a Camry. Why do people by the Lotus Exige? when it comes without floor mats and a/c to name a few? Cos you don't need them at the track and that what they bought the car for. The other thing is people buy merc/bmw/lexus cos they have money, most of them look for performance in these car (why would you buy an Sti when you have money to buy a faster car?) and not much else. Sure they won't mind abit of added options but once they hear how added weight can decrease the car's performace i'm 100% sure they would't like it. The CSL M3 is decked out like a race car. I don't hear owners complaining about not having leather seats do you?

I'm a sports car fan, and never would i be biased when there is no reason to be biased for, The C63, merc said is the best AMG car to come out, this im sure they would have meant it in the context of performance & cost that they have achieved, and i agree with them. The only thing which is yet to be determined is quality which can only be determined overtime.

Last edited by ldc; 04-14-08 at 05:59 PM.
Old 04-14-08, 07:13 PM
kickhard
Pole Position

ah here is where u have been mislead. The C63 is not a Top performance car. It really is a cross between lux and performance just like most cars in this class. None of the AMG cars come "base" unless you live in germany where you can buy them without leather and even less options. Most people buying a M3 will opt for options and BMW/MB knows this. This is how they make more money. With mark up in cars being less and less so they can come under a certain price point options are a way to make both the dealer and car maker more money. Its just a fact

The lotus is purpose built and the sales show it. Very few buy it and those that do have most likely raced cars before and race it. They dont complain because they have another car to ferry them to work and back. How many CSL M3 cars were sold? Not many compared to the regular M3

Honestly the C63, ISF, M3 all share parts with there lesser siblings. In order to justify spending an extra 15-20k more in money auto makers make allot of options standard compared to the models below.

To me if you really want a race purpose built C class then get a CLK63.(not the cabrio, the 150k car) The only car that is more race ready than any is the M3.

90% of the people who buy the C63,ISF,M3 will not care about tracking it. Most people will commute to work and back and want some comfort and options to make the commute easier. Not all owners are that much of a fanatic about the weight when it compares to comfort. I would bet a base car in all three totals less than 10% with 3% going to race teams.

Again all you have to do is go to a dealership to see how many base cars they have in stock and the answer will be most likely 0. To prove my point do a survey here of owners to see who bought or ordered a base ISF. I have heard of maybe 2 cars that people have ordered. Again I said MOST PEOPLE WILL NOT WANT A BASE CAR not all of them.

I am not biased either as you can see I have had a few AMG cars. I was in the car business with MB so i have a little back ground.

And yes I agree with you that a car with less options and less weight will be a better performing car but here in america we get pretty lazy and want those options

Oh course every market is different. But i speak mostly of the US market
Old 04-14-08, 09:01 PM
Wests
Lead Lap

Plus, doesn't the C63 have like a 2k gas guzzler tax that isn't included in that 54k base?
Old 04-14-08, 11:12 PM
ldc
Lexus Test Driver

Is there another C class merc that is more potent than the c63?

For the price that the C63 is available to drive away, whether it has or havent got no options is NOT the point. The point here is you have a drive-away-able deal that is more appealing to certain buyers than any cars around that price.

If people have $10millions to go shoping for a car, i'm sure they'd pick the SLR over the c63.

90% of the people who buy the C63,ISF,M3 will not care about tracking it
this is utter BS! you cannot buy an M3/F/C63 and not track it. You cannot explore their full potential unless you get to their limits. Why would you buy a sports, high performance car if you are going to be a "granny" driver?

Also on the BASE CAR, i beg to differ, some people buy car for their brands, some for their looks, some for speed and others for whatever fancys them. Additional options are what it is, "options". They are there fore people to buy or not. If they want a fully optioned car, they buy that model, not a base car and then fully option it up. What's the point then?
Old 04-14-08, 11:14 PM
ldc
Lexus Test Driver

You know what you problem is kickhard? it's not your choice of cars you want to buy, it's the lack of ability to see both sides of things and accept certain facts that really are FACTS. e.g Just because you prefer not to track your F, doesn't mean other don't either.

Quick Reply: Wasnt the C63 suppose to be more than the ISF?