IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Anyone get there ISF's oil changed or tires rotated at the dealership yet?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-08 | 12:00 PM
ArticKnght
Advanced

Default Anyone get there ISF's oil changed or tires rotated at the dealership yet?

Since some of you have had your ISF for a while now, I was wondering if anybody has taking there car into the dealer to have the oil changed and the tires rotated? If so what seems to the going rate for each of these items?
Old 04-18-08 | 12:15 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

well the 5k service is free, that's a given

i am not sure if anyone is at 10k miles yet to pay for these services
Old 04-18-08 | 01:36 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

I dont think the tires can be rotated since there different sized?
Old 04-18-08 | 01:48 PM
VelvetBlue
Lead Lap

I had my oil changed at 1300 miles (paid for it myself $90 including tax). Can't rotate tires because of the staggered sizes.
Old 04-18-08 | 02:16 PM
dkaplan435
Instructor

I had my oil changed at about 1200 miles, replaced w/ synthetic. Tires can't be rotated.

I paid extra for the oil since it's synthetic...
Old 04-18-08 | 11:02 PM
RX Renesis
Driver School Candidate

tires CAN BE rotated... left to right, right to left... NO front to rear tho...

the tires are asymmetrical, not directional...
Old 04-19-08 | 01:09 AM
dkaplan435
Instructor

Didn't know that, thanks. Regardless, mine were swapped the other day since I had snow tires/wheels put on the car when I purchased it.

Originally Posted by RX Renesis
tires CAN BE rotated... left to right, right to left... NO front to rear tho...

the tires are asymmetrical, not directional...
Old 04-20-08 | 12:53 AM
RX Renesis
Driver School Candidate

one thing to note abt tire rotation that i realize today is:

the IS-F rims r directional, so if u swap them left and right, the rims becomes backwards, but it's not very noticeable... BUT i have also heard rumors that the IS-F rims are designed to extract heat from the brakes, IF this is true, then it's not that good of an idea to swap the rims left and right, BUT if this rumor is false, then i would rotate the tires to prolong it's life with the exception that the rims will be spinning backwards, but it's very not noticeable...
Old 04-20-08 | 03:55 AM
Audriuss
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RX Renesis
one thing to note abt tire rotation that i realize today is:

the IS-F rims r directional, so if u swap them left and right, the rims becomes backwards, but it's not very noticeable... BUT i have also heard rumors that the IS-F rims are designed to extract heat from the brakes, IF this is true, then it's not that good of an idea to swap the rims left and right, BUT if this rumor is false, then i would rotate the tires to prolong it's life with the exception that the rims will be spinning backwards, but it's very not noticeable...
it is not directional. All 4 wheels (just the width from front to back) are same. If it would be directional, on both sides, its design of spokes would looks the same. Now, left side spokes look to turn different direction from right side..
Old 04-20-08 | 05:17 AM
kickhard
Pole Position

Each tire and wheel is designed for its position on the vehicle. Therefore make sure they are fitted in the postion indicated on the reverse side of the wheel

Page 312 owners manual

It is designed to pull heat from the brakes. For example. If you put the left front wheel on the right front the spokes will be different
Old 04-20-08 | 06:43 AM
Audriuss
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kickhard
Each tire and wheel is designed for its position on the vehicle. Therefore make sure they are fitted in the postion indicated on the reverse side of the wheel

Page 312 owners manual

It is designed to pull heat from the brakes. For example. If you put the left front wheel on the right front the spokes will be different
just went throught the pics of owners cars, and now so that they ARE directional! Though, earlier, pictures I saw on someones, wheels were put antidirectional! I don't remember correctly, but I guess it was some blue isf, and if I am not wrong, it was girls...

Sorry for making decision from pics, still waiting for mine isf to come.

P.S. it that case that they are directional, they do pull more air to brakes, to cool the better..
Old 04-20-08 | 09:50 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

so when is the isf coming? you got a nice collection there

but yeah, the wheels are directional, it's in the spec to make sure people don't mix them up

on the other hand, the rotors are not directional left and right. i checked, indeed left and right are the same, the vaines inside are the same
Old 04-20-08 | 11:42 AM
Audriuss
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rominl
so when is the isf coming? you got a nice collection there
if u're asking me, I am starting to get pist...

first, lexus planed to get their first IS-F's on like a month ago, but now, they only get info, that it won't be earlier then May end, but no concrete date.

It looks like story is going to repeat, when I was told, that LS600hL will come no earlier then a month, and same day, they called and said that after weekend it will be delivered.

I don't believe, that they don't have info of car arrival date. I believe that every procedures are counted, and dates known...

Hate lexus for this information unknowiness...
Old 04-20-08 | 03:47 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally Posted by Audriuss
if u're asking me, I am starting to get pist...

first, lexus planed to get their first IS-F's on like a month ago, but now, they only get info, that it won't be earlier then May end, but no concrete date.

It looks like story is going to repeat, when I was told, that LS600hL will come no earlier then a month, and same day, they called and said that after weekend it will be delivered.

I don't believe, that they don't have info of car arrival date. I believe that every procedures are counted, and dates known...

Hate lexus for this information unknowiness...
that sux man, sorry to hear that i don't know how dealerships work over there, but here in the US, it's more about how good your dealership is in obtaining the right data. as far as i know lexus has all those info. if you order a car, they should know when it arrives
Old 04-20-08 | 11:21 PM
Audriuss
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rominl
that sux man, sorry to hear that i don't know how dealerships work over there, but here in the US, it's more about how good your dealership is in obtaining the right data. as far as i know lexus has all those info. if you order a car, they should know when it arrives
that an IS the problem, that orders still cannot be taken, but they (dealers) were already asked, if they need any demo or client isf's. So they ordered one (black) for dealer demo, and white for client.

Officialy, u cannot still order IS-F here, but it is kind of ordered..