IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

IS-F and M3 Videos and Pics as requested

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-08, 07:31 PM
ISFfan
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice videos..Thanks!
I bet it felt good racing against the M3..if I would have been driving down that street at the same time, I would have just stopped and stared haha

If you dont mind, what driving mode were you in? (Manual, Automatic, Sport, VSC off, etc)
Old 04-20-08, 08:21 PM
DRE1615
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ISFfan
Nice videos..Thanks!
I bet it felt good racing against the M3..if I would have been driving down that street at the same time, I would have just stopped and stared haha

If you dont mind, what driving mode were you in? (Manual, Automatic, Sport, VSC off, etc)
All driving was done with T/C off in sport mode using paddle shifters. In response to a few previous comments, the guy driving the M3 can drive. He's had the car for almost 2000 miles already and has driven stick shift cars his whole life. The vids are not fixed or biased. What you see is what you get. All runs were all out.

I have honestly given the M3 a hair of a jump in previous races just to see what needed to happen for the M3 to truly beat my IS-F. If you give the M3 a tiny tiny window of acceleration where it can get into its rev band, somewhere north of 5000 rpm, it will be a dead lock race or the M3 will slightly pull. But since the IS-F has lower gearing, and it only needs to really get to around 3500 rpm to wake up the beast, once that happens it really catches the M3 off gaurd and starts pulling slightly.

Also, the M3 rims are not 18's they are the premium rims and are 19's. And I believe both cars use the PS2 tires.
Old 04-20-08, 10:12 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some people say that the M3 cannot beat the ISF, something is rigged, it's not right, etc.

Have you forgotten that the ISF has a 76lb-ft of torque advantage? Why is it so hard to believe that the Lexus is faster considering that?
Old 04-21-08, 05:34 AM
rai
Lead Lap

Oh, I was also reading how car magazines give a 0-60 with a 1 foot roll-out which I assume doesn't start the clock until the car is underway which of course will help the M3 as you pointed out the first second it's where it needs to be going to make it a race.
Old 04-21-08, 06:23 AM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I believe both cars have Michelin PS2's stock as well.
Yeah unless you are "unlucky" enough to get the alternate "stock" Bridgestones on the IS-F.
Old 04-21-08, 07:40 AM
kt22cliff
Pole Position

You don't need some Schumacher skill to "launch" with manual gearbox. Granted there are more ways to F'up a launch with manual gearbox vs slushbox but once you practice few times and figure out where the sweet spot is as far as dropping the clutch, it's just as easy.

Originally Posted by ToothDoc
It's documented - yes, but keep in mind that is under optimum launch conditions for the M3 vs. optimum for the IS-F. What's not told is how difficult it is to do a optimum launch with a 6 spd manual on the street vs. the IS-F. 90% of the time, from a dig, I believe the IS-F will win in street settings.

Last edited by kt22cliff; 04-21-08 at 07:53 AM.
Old 04-21-08, 07:50 AM
DRE1615
Lexus Test Driver

Lets also keep in mind the use of the Mdynamic mode which was being used for these runs. From what I have heard and seen first hand, you push a button, stall at a certain RPM and the computers give you an ideal launch with minimal wheelspin. Somewhat retard proof if you ask me. In these vids I must have had that good of launches I guess. I would be interested to see what kind of times the DCT can put up.

I'm just assuming the torque is what pulls the F ahead sometimes.
BTW - This thread has already made it to the E90 forum. Lets not start another cross forum sobfest.
Old 04-21-08, 07:55 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

i want to see a DCT M3 vs IS-F, DCT wont come out until june or so
Old 04-21-08, 03:03 PM
OBI_agent
Rookie

Good kill bro! Hope to see a M3 DCT in action with you
Old 04-21-08, 07:02 PM
Civic Si-r
Lead Lap

To the OP, watched your videos and I am very impressed with the straight line speed. Can u tell me at anytime was the M3 driver letting off the gas, and you guys were playing with each other to see who can walk who?

In any of these spirited runs I assume there was an honest effort to best each other and these were the outcomes of each video??

Thanks
Old 04-21-08, 07:05 PM
Civic Si-r
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DRE1615
All driving was done with T/C off in sport mode using paddle shifters. In response to a few previous comments, the guy driving the M3 can drive. He's had the car for almost 2000 miles already and has driven stick shift cars his whole life. The vids are not fixed or biased. What you see is what you get. All runs were all out.

I have honestly given the M3 a hair of a jump in previous races just to see what needed to happen for the M3 to truly beat my IS-F. If you give the M3 a tiny tiny window of acceleration where it can get into its rev band, somewhere north of 5000 rpm, it will be a dead lock race or the M3 will slightly pull. But since the IS-F has lower gearing, and it only needs to really get to around 3500 rpm to wake up the beast, once that happens it really catches the M3 off gaurd and starts pulling slightly.

Also, the M3 rims are not 18's they are the premium rims and are 19's. And I believe both cars use the PS2 tires.

Thanks OP, please disregard my post #25, I should have read your earlier post.
Old 04-21-08, 09:07 PM
chikken
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DRE1615

yeah, btw i don't think that guy would've spent 65k on a car that he can't drive. After reading all the magazine reviews, its dissappointing to see that the M3 didn't out-perform the ISF. Give them props, both cars are fast, but i'm now wondering if those reviews were just biased.

great vids.....can't wait to see more. keep them coming....hopefully the ISF can get some respect from bimmer owners.
Old 05-11-08, 03:58 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

OP: Why did you take all the videos down?
Old 05-11-08, 05:20 PM
vboy418
Lexus Champion

same question ^^^?
Old 05-11-08, 05:24 PM
DRE1615
Lexus Test Driver

I was trying to change some details and ended up removing them. I'll have em back up soon hopefully. Didn't know people where still watching them.

Quick Reply: IS-F and M3 Videos and Pics as requested