IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

So I go to a Lexus dealer with Koz.... (to test drive an IS-F)

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-08, 01:11 PM
chrisburke
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I Love my IS-F.. I drove a e46 m3 and drove the new m3 and love that car as well but I love my F more... sounds like they are worried about saving money then buying a car.. Same kind of ppl that worry all about gas mileage. I had frens like that, that had m3s and when the inspection 2 came around they flipped out on the price to do it. But Duh its a M3.. get The damn car you love it and as for the bumpy road feelings maybe you forgot but its NOT A LS460.
Old 04-28-08, 09:32 AM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by goodfellaz
Which dealer did you go to? I got a quote of $1500 over invoice at Tri-County Lexus....I'm thinkin of waiting for an early '09 since I need a special order for ML Nav. I don't think the 3 month wait for an '08 is worth it at this point...
There is a red F there with nav and ML.

Koz
Old 04-28-08, 10:00 AM
Koz

I was not disappointed with the test drive of the IS-F as compared to the M3, RS or C63. I would take the F over the others for the same reasons I got the IS350. The F is a better blend of luxury and performance with reliability. The problem I have with the F is that it (like the others) is not practical for every day use. These cars are a specialized performance class of cars that is hard to enjoy/use on normal streets. I enjoy driving (aggressively) and would not want to have to be careful of every little imperfection of average roads. This problem is even worse with the M3 and C63. Who cares how great a car can handle or accelerate if you have to drive it like it's made of glass, with very little suspension. I find that when I get the need for speed (which is an overwhelming feeling that I get very often) I can satisfy this need with a 180 RWHP, 9 second street bike. It’s really fun spanking any car on the road, even the exotics.

Koz
Old 04-28-08, 10:23 AM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Koz
The problem I have with the F is that it (like the others) is not practical for every day use. These cars are a specialized performance class of cars that is hard to enjoy/use on normal streets. I enjoy driving (aggressively) and would not want to have to be careful of every little imperfection of average roads. This problem is even worse with the M3 and C63. Who cares how great a car can handle or accelerate if you have to drive it like it's made of glass, with very little suspension.
Koz
hmmm... i drive my is-f every day.. and i drive it 300 miles roundtrip every weekend up to my weekend house... drove it to boston and back already and also to virginia and back... i think the ride is very comfortable and i love it as my everyday car and also my show car and i definitely don't drive it like its made of glass

Last edited by CaThaFeR; 04-28-08 at 10:27 AM.
Old 04-28-08, 10:31 AM
rgaret
Driver School Candidate

Default Totally agree with you!!!

I have an IS 350 with the sport package. IMO, the ISF is not that much faster than my car (it may be on paper but it sure did not feel like it). Do yourself a favor, take the 350 and use the extra $20 you didn't give Lexus to make what ever mods you want to (or buy yourself a Corolla to use for Supermarket duty)
Old 04-28-08, 10:40 AM
VelvetBlue
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rgaret
I have an IS 350 with the sport package. IMO, the ISF is not that much faster than my car (it may be on paper but it sure did not feel like it). Do yourself a favor, take the 350 and use the extra $20 you didn't give Lexus to make what ever mods you want to (or buy yourself a Corolla to use for Supermarket duty)
Did you test drive the car in Sport Mode? If you can't feel the difference in performance between the 2 cars you didn't give it a proper test drive. There is definitely a huge difference in performance between them. Although you really need to go to the track to appreciate it.
Old 04-28-08, 11:01 AM
DRE1615
Lexus Test Driver

I use mine as a daily driver as well, and have also used it for many long trips. Early on I was very careful and did drive it like it was glass because I was mostly afraid for my rims with such low profile tires.

After a short time I realized that the car could handle its fair share of bumps and bruises from these brutal Chicago roads. I don't really worry about the car anymore. Haven't run into any problems yet and absolutely love it as my daily driver. I think I would compare the IS 350 to the BMW 335i. It will stay with the IS-F until a certain speed, then it will be all over. It's not hard to make a car "quick", but it is another thing to make a car "fast." The IS-F is truly a fast car.
Old 04-28-08, 11:01 AM
Koz

Sorry it is not worth $20,000 more, for the street!

Koz
Old 04-28-08, 11:05 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Koz

Koz
If you have money to burn, why not?
Old 04-28-08, 12:01 PM
DRE1615
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Koz

Koz
I guess that's fair to say if you are really only looking for a quick daily driver. IMO the F is in another league as far as performance that may not be completely noticed unless you are on a track. That's how I feel about the M3 as well though compared to the 335i.

I would just feel like a puts if I was driving my IS350 and somebody in an IS-F pulled up next to me and smoked me. I think the IS-F is worth every penny.
Old 04-28-08, 12:58 PM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by STIG
If you have money to burn, why not?

to each their own.. to me its more than worth the $61k price tag
Old 04-28-08, 08:01 PM
ISFTwins
Driver

I have owned an '06 and '07 IS350 and now have an '08 ISF and the difference is night and day -- yes the suspension is stiffer, but the skidpad rating on the IS350 is 0.84g - a nice car, but not a sports car - the ISF however does 0.93 - 0.95g on the skidpad and when pushed in the corners way outhandles the IS350. In the end you must decide for yourself what to buy, but don't question peoples' motive for buying this car when the reasons are obvious.
Old 04-28-08, 09:30 PM
ThaDRD
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CaThaFeR
hmmm... i drive my is-f every day.. and i drive it 300 miles roundtrip every weekend up to my weekend house...
Hi, I'm poor. lol
Old 04-28-08, 09:34 PM
ThaDRD
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DRE1615
I would just feel like a puts if I was driving my IS350 and somebody in an IS-F pulled up next to me and smoked me. I think the IS-F is worth every penny.
Yeah...I mean the shame! Get some humility in your life, it'll be good for you.
Old 04-28-08, 11:52 PM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DRE1615
I guess that's fair to say if you are really only looking for a quick daily driver. IMO the F is in another league as far as performance that may not be completely noticed unless you are on a track. That's how I feel about the M3 as well though compared to the 335i.

Pull your IS-F next to a Murcielago, and see what happens.

Quick Reply: So I go to a Lexus dealer with Koz.... (to test drive an IS-F)