IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Taking my IS-F to the track tomorrow!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-08, 08:14 PM
ToothDoc
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Taking my IS-F to the track tomorrow!

I'm taking my IS-F to the track tomorrow! I can't wait!!! It'll be my first experience at an actual track and my first attempt at driving fast. It's at the Autobahn Country Club in Joliet Illinois.

Don't expect anything great but I did a couple of things for those of you who don't track. I've installed a rudimentary camera mount in my car in between the two front seats. Yes, I'm going to record my run at the track! In addition to recording it, I've got a new G-Tech RR which will show you all the G-forces!

As some of you already know, my IS-F isn't totally stock anymore. I've put on Volk RE30s which are about 40 pounds lighter (total weight). The tires are kinda crappy compared to the stock PS2s - fronts are 1/4 worn Dunlop Sportmaxx and rears are brand new RE050 (not the pole position or the A series). I was going to keep the 3/32" trear rear Sportmaxx but they ripped when the TPMS were getting installed so I had to make a last second change to the RE050.

Unlike the drag racing which was videotaped by somebody else (which I never received) , I'll at least know I got the video of my track experience and so I'll be able to post it. It might take a while to post it though - my laptop is down to only 1 gig of hard drive available and my kid sister is getting married this weekend.

Stay tuned!!

Too bad it rained today and now my car is dirty... I hope the track isn't too wet tomorrow. That would REALLY suck. Now I can't fall asleep!
Old 04-24-08, 08:32 PM
kt22cliff
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is this HPDE kinda deal or open track session? Whichever it is, have good time.

Originally Posted by ToothDoc
I'm taking my IS-F to the track tomorrow! I can't wait!!! It'll be my first experience at an actual track and my first attempt at driving fast. It's at the Autobahn Country Club in Joliet Illinois.

Don't expect anything great but I did a couple of things for those of you who don't track. I've installed a rudimentary camera mount in my car in between the two front seats. Yes, I'm going to record my run at the track! In addition to recording it, I've got a new G-Tech RR which will show you all the G-forces!

As some of you already know, my IS-F isn't totally stock anymore. I've put on Volk RE30s which are about 40 pounds lighter (total weight). The tires are kinda crappy compared to the stock PS2s - fronts are 1/4 worn Dunlop Sportmaxx and rears are brand new RE050 (not the pole position or the A series). I was going to keep the 3/32" trear rear Sportmaxx but they ripped when the TPMS were getting installed so I had to make a last second change to the RE050.

Unlike the drag racing which was videotaped by somebody else (which I never received) , I'll at least know I got the video of my track experience and so I'll be able to post it. It might take a while to post it though - my laptop is down to only 1 gig of hard drive available and my kid sister is getting married this weekend.

Stay tuned!!

Too bad it rained today and now my car is dirty... I hope the track isn't too wet tomorrow. That would REALLY suck. Now I can't fall asleep!