IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

scratched my wheel

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-08, 04:59 PM
dw8787
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Google "Alloy Wheel Repair". You would be surprised how good a job these guys can do.
Old 05-06-08, 07:14 PM
stash84
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i wouldnt worry about it..they will eventually have more scratches and THEN, in the future, u can repair all the scratches at once..
Old 05-06-08, 07:22 PM
BLKnWhtISF
Driver

Originally Posted by stash84
i wouldnt worry about it..they will eventually have more scratches and THEN, in the future, u can repair all the scratches at once..
very true indeed
Old 05-08-08, 12:28 PM
iatacs19
Rookie

Dun worry about just keep driving it, you will get more scratches. It's just a car and it's just rims. At least you have a responsible girlfriend, be nice to her.
Old 05-08-08, 01:43 PM
BLKnWhtISF
Driver

Originally Posted by iatacs19
Dun worry about just keep driving it, you will get more scratches. It's just a car and it's just rims. At least you have a responsible girlfriend, be nice to her.
thx for your opinion, but my girl already order one but i do see where u comin from. Also, thx for sayin something nice bout my girlfriend and yes i will never mistreat her. Your a good person
Old 05-08-08, 04:59 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

sounds like too excessive to get replacement when it can be easily repaired. not to mention there is not much reason to get a new tire as well?

btw, 19" ps2 for 600 bucks? have you checked tirerack? (my memory tells me that's the tire they use)
Old 05-08-08, 10:31 PM
BLKnWhtISF
Driver

Your memory is a little off by the way. My tires aren't michelin ps2 , they are instead bridgestone. The isf comes with 2 types stock i believe. I got a new tire cause my tire are chip pretty bad on the side. My girl got them to give it up at a cheaper price, 100 dollars cheaper to be exact and they're still 500 dollars. I told her that she didn't have to buy it but she insisted so she did and she also is repairing my scratch up rim and tire. So i c it as an extra rim and tire. Its funny to me u reply to one of my post in another thread about stock rims and tires for sale doggin on me about if i read it wrong and my grammar and spelling issue. I forget, this is an english class isn't it? I better watch out for my spelling and grammar or i will fail or be looked down upon or b made fun of. Yes i did read that post wrong and i am sorry that i made a mistake, like u never made a mistake or type a typo b4 in your life so u wanna go pointing ppl out. I also stated in that post that not once but twice that i wasn't trying to be rude. "btw, 19" ps2 for 600 bucks? have you checked tirerack? (my memory tells me that's the tire they use) "You made a mistake!" I never said my tire were michelin ps2 in any of my post in this thread so i dont know y u assume that it is. Y r u up in case wait let me retype that i better spell and use my grammar and punctuation correctly before my english teacher Mr. rominl gets all concerned with unimportant stuff. Why are you all up in my case? Because mine came stock with a bridgestone not a michelin. So i dont know what to tell you. Have u checked my dealer? (my memory tells me that's the tire they use.) Look at that, a period after "use" i guess i am not to bad with this grammar thing i suppose. Neway oh i mean Anyway,
here's the number to the dealer if u want to argue with them about price. 309-689-3000 have a nice day sir!

Last edited by BLKnWhtISF; 05-09-08 at 01:49 PM.
Old 05-09-08, 06:37 AM
gcollier
Rookie

I went to a rim place here in town and it cost me $250 to get the rim fixed. They sent it off and it was back in a week.
Old 05-09-08, 07:38 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah definitely try to repair it first.
Old 05-10-08, 03:22 PM
stash84
Rookie

Originally Posted by gcollier
I went to a rim place here in town and it cost me $250 to get the rim fixed. They sent it off and it was back in a week.

i received my isf with a damaged rim and lexus had to order me a new one because it is impossible to match the color..im pretty sure that u have one rim that is different..maybe minor but different
Old 05-10-08, 06:02 PM
BLKnWhtISF
Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
sounds like too excessive to get replacement when it can be easily repaired. not to mention there is not much reason to get a new tire as well?

btw, 19" ps2 for 600 bucks? have you checked tirerack? (my memory tells me that's the tire they use)
Have u read my post after u posted this reply Mr. Smartguy? Its really right after your reply
Old 05-10-08, 06:29 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,311 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Originally Posted by BLKnWhtISF
Your memory is a little off by the way. My tires aren't michelin ps2 , they are instead bridgestone. The isf comes with 2 types stock i believe. I got a new tire cause my tire are chip pretty bad on the side. My girl got them to give it up at a cheaper price, 100 dollars cheaper to be exact and they're still 500 dollars. I told her that she didn't have to buy it but she insisted so she did and she also is repairing my scratch up rim and tire. So i c it as an extra rim and tire. Its funny to me u reply to one of my post in another thread about stock rims and tires for sale doggin on me about if i read it wrong and my grammar and spelling issue. I forget, this is an english class isn't it? I better watch out for my spelling and grammar or i will fail or be looked down upon or b made fun of. Yes i did read that post wrong and i am sorry that i made a mistake, like u never made a mistake or type a typo b4 in your life so u wanna go pointing ppl out. I also stated in that post that not once but twice that i wasn't trying to be rude. "btw, 19" ps2 for 600 bucks? have you checked tirerack? (my memory tells me that's the tire they use) "You made a mistake!" I never said my tire were michelin ps2 in any of my post in this thread so i dont know y u assume that it is. Y r u up in case wait let me retype that i better spell and use my grammar and punctuation correctly before my english teacher Mr. rominl gets all concerned with unimportant stuff. Why are you all up in my case? Because mine came stock with a bridgestone not a michelin. So i dont know what to tell you. Have u checked my dealer? (my memory tells me that's the tire they use.) Look at that, a period after "use" i guess i am not to bad with this grammar thing i suppose. Neway oh i mean Anyway,
here's the number to the dealer if u want to argue with them about price. 309-689-3000 have a nice day sir!

Originally Posted by BLKnWhtISF
Have u read my post after u posted this reply Mr. Smartguy? Its really right after your reply
Name calling and taunting = closed thread.

Please help foster a sense of community on our forum (click to read please).... we're here to help each other out.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 05-10-08 at 06:35 PM.