IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Some headlight questions???

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-08, 07:53 AM
DRE1615
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some headlight questions???

I remember before someone posted that they changed their headlights and/or foglights to some HID kit.

I tried searching but couldn't find anything useful besides a xenondepot ad. I wasn't sure if this was what they used. I don't know too much about the different types of head/fogs out there so any help would be great.

Also, has anyone changed their daytime running lights to a different color? If so that info would be great as well.
Old 05-06-08, 10:21 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

the headlights (lowbeam) are already hid, nothing you need to do to that, unless you want different color temperature (bluer, etc...)

the fogs are halogen. you can put in hid kits. i don't know exactly the bulb type, that's the info you need to get hid kits

for DRL, changing bulbs won't help, coz' it's done by running 50% of the power of high beam. so putting normal halogen superwhite won't make it white, it's still going to be yellow. you can't just put hid kits neither coz' the power isn't enough to ignite the hid. you can do relay, but that's more pain, and you might just as well keep your headlights on all the time
Old 05-06-08, 09:10 PM
chikken
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DRE1615
I remember before someone posted that they changed their headlights and/or foglights to some HID kit.

I tried searching but couldn't find anything useful besides a xenondepot ad. I wasn't sure if this was what they used. I don't know too much about the different types of head/fogs out there so any help would be great.

Also, has anyone changed their daytime running lights to a different color? If so that info would be great as well.
you mean like this??

D4S 10,000k Bulb-these are HID replacement bulb.

These are H11 6000k HID Kit. You should check your manual to see what bulbs your fog lights are, because I heard its different in certain region. Hawaii's cars are H11 Bulb type for their Fog lights.

These are LED DRL - here's a link http://www.v-leds.com/Shop/Control/P...id/0/SFV/32481
Old 05-07-08, 05:45 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Hi,
Your OEM low beams are D4S bulbs. You can change those over if you wanted to go with a higher colour temperature bulb.

The IS-F fog lights are H11 meaning that you would need to go with an h11 kit for the fogs.

I would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have. Feel free to email me at info@xenondepot.com or to send me a PM.

Regards,

Steve
Old 05-07-08, 05:40 PM
chikken
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by XenonDepot
Hi,
Your OEM low beams are D4S bulbs. You can change those over if you wanted to go with a higher colour temperature bulb.

The IS-F fog lights are H11 meaning that you would need to go with an h11 kit for the fogs.

I would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have. Feel free to email me at info@xenondepot.com or to send me a PM.

Regards,

Steve
BEFORE you buy the H11 bulbs, read this thread.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...isf+fog&page=2
Old 05-07-08, 09:03 PM
DRE1615
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by chikken
BEFORE you buy the H11 bulbs, read this thread.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...isf+fog&page=2
A little confused in regards to the debate that took place on that thread. Maybe I'm missing something. Anyways, I was wondering if you felt like the visibility with the hotter burning (blue) lights and upgraded fogs gave you better or worse visibility?? I have bad eyes and worse night vision and like as much light as possible. I have experienced some aftermarket lights that look nice and are more fun to look at but at the cost of visibilty.

Let me know what you think. Thanks alot.

DRE
Old 05-07-08, 09:21 PM
chikken
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DRE1615
A little confused in regards to the debate that took place on that thread. Maybe I'm missing something. Anyways, I was wondering if you felt like the visibility with the hotter burning (blue) lights and upgraded fogs gave you better or worse visibility?? I have bad eyes and worse night vision and like as much light as possible. I have experienced some aftermarket lights that look nice and are more fun to look at but at the cost of visibilty.

Let me know what you think. Thanks alot.

DRE
you should check your manual for the bulb type. with the hid fog light kit, its a lot brighter. if you are going for visibility, just get the 4700k hid kit for your fog light. it has the brightest lumens for visibility. As the color temp. goes up, you lose the lumens. Plus it'll match your current HID bulbs, but won't have that bluish color to it.
Old 05-07-08, 09:30 PM
DRE1615
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks alot for the help. I'll probably do that.
Old 05-07-08, 10:11 PM
AlBoston
Pole Position

so if you get the LED DRLs you lose your high beam lights? How bright are the bi-xenon? Brighter than the 2007 regular xenon?
Old 05-08-08, 05:31 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

I would suggest physically checking your vehicle before you buy anything. From the 9006 vs h11 debate it seems like the manual said 9006 but the car used H11. You should be able to determine what kind of bulb you need by looking at the fog light housing. You will find etching along the bottom of the headlight which would indicate what type of bulb is used.

For the brightest output I would suggest going with the 4300k kit or 3000k kit.

Steve