IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Trying to fight an ISF into my budget, has anyone seen any isf's close to invoice?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-08, 08:46 AM
kenne74
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you could do better if the car MSRP is 61.2k your only getting about 2500 off of MSRP and i think that IPOD unit goes for around $200 dollars. Tell them you want 4k off and they throw in the IPOD controller and tint for free. If not shop around their are a lot of them sitting on the lots and i get phone calls daily.

I asked for 4k off right off the bat and they guy pondered it for about 10mins and said yes. I could of gotten more but probably not much more. He also threw in the cermamic tint for free. Granted it took me 4 dealers to find the right number....i told them all first 1 to make me happy wins!

Pick it up friday night!
Old 05-15-08, 09:34 AM
fulmitz
Driver

Actually this car stickers at $62K or $61,995 it has ML/Nav, Preferred Accessories, Park assist and XM Radio, so it's about 3K off. The trick is, this is a one lexus town. Actually, it's a one everything town. If you are looking for honda, toyota, nissan there are 4-5 of each. Luxury there is only one Merc, one BMW, one Lexus and one Infiniti dealership here (same with Porsche/Audi).

If I go to Baton Rouge an hour away, it's owned by the same guy who owns the Lexus dealership here. Then if I go further out of town, how much do I save with airfare and time to drive the car back over? Does it eat up the $500-$1000?

It's $3500 off without the ipod and it may be $200 but how much is labor? And when you get it with the car, it's 4yr/50000mi warranty, after is 12mo/12,000mi warranty.

Lastly I still haven't fully decided on the IS-F or the M3 coupe. My head says the ISF is cheaper and lower cost to own, no gas guzzler tax and better MPG, but my heart says the M3 is 6sp manual, and looks more adult than the rice racer look of the IS-F. I'm truly torn. Also all the car mags LOVE the M3. I just keep thinking they IS-F will improve in the years to come and do I want to jump onto the band wagon so soon.

fulmitz
Old 05-15-08, 02:48 PM
kenne74
Rookie

Honetly to remove the head unit to get to the back of the stereo is super easy. It took me about an 30mins to hook up sat radio in my Rx400h and that is with running the antenna to the back of the vehicle.

I don't think it really matter if the dealerships are owned by the same owner because i have 2 close by that are the same owner and 1 offered a better price even after i told him what the other dealership offered. Also it doesn't hurt to call other states for prices a one way ticket can't be that much. You could always tell them to throw in free tint or clear bra and that might help you reach your number.

The M3 is a really nice car i looked at them but i was disappointed with the price after the options.

Good Luck
Old 05-19-08, 08:00 PM
taigrundal
Driver School Candidate

Default well i took the plunge!

I got it for 56k OTD with nav, pop up head light washers, park assist and ML stereo! This car is so bad ***!
Old 05-19-08, 08:12 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by taigrundal
I got it for 56k OTD with nav, pop up head light washers, park assist and ML stereo! This car is so bad ***!
wait, how much was the sticker on that car? OTD means before TTL?

congrats! it sure is a badass car!
Old 05-19-08, 10:30 PM
taigrundal
Driver School Candidate

Sticker was 61.4 or 61.5 I can't remember exactly. 56k was total price with everything.
Old 05-19-08, 11:00 PM
ArticKnght
Advanced

Received 173 Likes on 81 Posts

taigrundal,

When you say it was 56k total price, is that with tax, lic, title and delivery or was that 56k before all that? If you truely got that car loaded out at 56K Out The Door , then can you PM me the dealers name and the salespersons name because that is on hell of a deal and has to be below dealer invoice.
Old 05-19-08, 11:20 PM
Bulls23337
Intermediate

Sticker was 61.4 or 61.5 I can't remember exactly. 56k was total price with everything.
wow!! that's an unbelievable deal!! how did you pull that off?!
Old 05-20-08, 04:31 AM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

75month finance - 56833 for a black with alpine interior, the mark lev stereo, headlight washers and park assist. How does that sound for a price? Oh and its actually sitting in my garage right now they let me take it home for the night and I live an hr away! Sick car, though I can't figure out where the built in garage door openner is on the car! I see it in the feature list of the car but I'll be damned if I can find it.
Congratulations on your car! That 75-month financing seems a bit scary to me, though. What kind of interest are you paying?
Old 05-20-08, 10:31 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

I am still quite confused. 56k with Tax and everything is like getting the car for free!!

Are you saying 56k is including Tax and everything?? If so, you must PM your dealer contact
Old 05-20-08, 10:45 AM
ISFTwins
Driver

Considering that invoice is $54700 on the fully loaded ISF (approx MSRP 61.5k) and that Wisconsin sales tax is 5% means that he got the car for about $1400 below invoice.. Is that possible? If that is truly what he paid than it is a new record .. And Congrats!!
Old 05-20-08, 10:49 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ISFTwins
Considering that invoice is $54700 on the fully loaded ISF (approx MSRP 61.5k) and that Wisconsin sales tax is 5% means that he got the car for about $1400 below invoice.. Is that possible? If that is truly what he paid than it is a new record .. And Congrats!!
That would be pretty epic if you did indeed got the car at that price!
Old 05-20-08, 07:27 PM
taigrundal
Driver School Candidate

Invoice on the car was 54.8k I just kept haggling, they tried to tell me that they dont discount the car and I just said 'ok I dont buy cars at sticker' and low and behold they discounted it further and further. I wanted it for 55k but I settled with a free window tint. I think they are hard to sell in Wisconsin with our gas prices and such even though they'll never admit it. They did admit that they only have sold 1 since Feb. to a guy in TX I think. I wanted the car bad but I traded in my '07 TL-S which is a slick ride in its own right so when they gave me prices I didn't want to pay I just kept walking away and they kept calling me back. Even let me take it home for a night to help me decide. 56k was before tax everything else (title trans and other fees were included in that price. I love this car though winter is going to suck *****.
Old 05-20-08, 07:33 PM
ISFTwins
Driver

Now we're making some sense! $56k plus tax -- Not OTD!! Don't get me wrong this is still an awesome deal ... Especially since someone a few days back paid $58,100 plus TTL for a used (2500 miles) ISF on eBAY.. Anyway its a great deal and this is how people should be negotiating for these cars .. I paid $58K (plus TTL) back in March and I don't regret it. CONGRATS on a great deal.
Old 05-20-08, 08:09 PM
Perfection
Lead Lap

75 month financing is not a good idea...

Quick Reply: Trying to fight an ISF into my budget, has anyone seen any isf's close to invoice?