IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

About the MSRP of the Car

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-08, 06:27 PM
skitallz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default About the MSRP of the Car

Hi everyone, i'm a little new here. I just created a new account to post because i'm looking for a little bit of information.

Just a little while ago, from reading what some people have been getting for prices around invoice, I decided to take a crack at my luck with the Live Chats. I currently live in New York, close to long island. I gave a couple of dealerships a try with my best luck coming down to 7k down and a 36 month, 750 per month lease. Not so bad I guess, but i wanted to see if it could go any lower. When i used the live chat for Rallye Lexus, someone said a senior manager would call me when I mentioned that if it was possible to get as low as 1500 over invoice. Man was I in for it, as the guy literally over the phone told me this car is not in my price range and that I should look into the IS 350, based on nothing else but my asking of the car being possibly 1500 over invoice. Literally, the guy treated me like crap and if I was crazy and almost sounded like he was laughing, even as I told him of the other deal I was offered. He told me because it's a limited production car, the car will only be sold for MSRP which he said was 62k and there was no way possible anything would be worked out below that.

Now, i'm pretty sure from reading about the economy, gas prices, and it being New York where the car isn't the hottest thing around, I would of thought that dealerships would be a little bit more open to deals on the car.
Now my real question is, is anyone out there on these forums from the new york area and has been shopping around? I am really looking to pick this car up since the lease on my current car is going to be up soon. Any advice or situations you guys have been in that might help out?
Old 05-21-08, 07:10 PM
ISFTwins
Driver

Keep shopping and forget that last dealership.. If they don't want you to buy the ISF, then don't (from them anyway).. Maybe try some more rural dealerships where sales aren't as strong or even consider out of state.. You'd be surprised - one dealership says MSRP and another might say $2k over invoice, which is probably the very best you'll get right now (invoice is $54,700).. So shoot for a price of no higher than $57K.. In the case of the lease your payment should be based on an 'agreed upon value of the vehicle' of, hopefully, $57k or lower.. Good luck, you'll find the deal your looking for in due time.
Old 05-22-08, 12:32 PM
gshb
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

over invoice? screw that! there are dealers here in Cali selling the ISF for BELOW invoice.
Old 05-22-08, 12:38 PM
ISFTwins
Driver

Originally Posted by gshb
over invoice? screw that! there are dealers here in Cali selling the ISF for BELOW invoice.
He's not in California!! HE IS IN NY .. Besides, name one dealer in CA that will let an ISF go for below invoice and not screw you on a trade/financing and half the forum will be there!
Old 05-22-08, 01:01 PM
VelvetBlue
Lead Lap

+1. That is BS. Nobody is selling the IS F below invoice........yet.
Old 05-22-08, 04:37 PM
gshb
Lead Lap

you guys are not trying hard enough. just goto sacramento. i doubt half the forum is looking to buy an ISF.
Old 05-22-08, 05:15 PM
ISFTwins
Driver

Originally Posted by gshb
you guys are not trying hard enough. just goto sacramento. i doubt half the forum is looking to buy an ISF.
I personally would be more inclined to believe what you are claiming if you posted some details.. Which Lexus dealer in sac? Roseville? Sacramento? Where? Did you negotiate a deal? and your about to get one.. Give us details that will help members of the forum who are looking to buy.. Otherwise you are just giving off hot air!
Old 05-23-08, 07:16 AM
IS350jet
Pole Position

Well, invoice on a 2008 ISF with ML/NAV, IPA, and PAP is $51,426. Has anyone here payed *less* than that for one? Does anyone know of anybody that has paid less than invoice?