IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

bball court IS-F photoshoot lol

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-08, 10:52 AM
makena88
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default interior shots

do you have any interior shots with the no Navi option. This is what I wanted in the begininng No Navi, No Sunroof. I commute 15 miles a day with this car so I will never get lost and I NEVER use the moonroof. But I couldn't wait 3 months for mine.
Old 06-04-08, 10:53 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Where is that park? it looks sooooo deserted, looks like it would make a good stop on a cruise route
Old 06-04-08, 12:24 PM
tod071
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice car and nice camera setup.
Old 06-04-08, 04:28 PM
ngl1145
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by flipside909
Very nice pics cody...very nice equipment too!

Say no to HDR photography.
Hah... what's wrong with HDR photography. By the way very nice equipment. I wish I could afford that But in my personal opinion, those pictures are a bit overexposed on most of them. If you look at some of the pictures, I see lots of bright sky and seems a bit washed out. HDR captures the various aspects of light and incorporates them in the image such that you capture everything. In his pictures, the sky is too bright. The car color came out ok. If you look at the paint in some of the images, I do see clouds in the sky. With the human eye you can see it, but you can't see it with the camera image because the camera (settings) didn't compensate for both. As for setting, there are too many distractions taking away from the car.

Flipside909 why don't you like HDR?
Old 06-04-08, 04:38 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ngl1145
Hah... what's wrong with HDR photography. By the way very nice equipment. I wish I could afford that But in my personal opinion, those pictures are a bit overexposed on most of them. If you look at some of the pictures, I see lots of bright sky and seems a bit washed out. HDR captures the various aspects of light and incorporates them in the image such that you capture everything. In his pictures, the sky is too bright. The car color came out ok. If you look at the paint in some of the images, I do see clouds in the sky. With the human eye you can see it, but you can't see it with the camera image because the camera (settings) didn't compensate for both. As for setting, there are too many distractions taking away from the car.

Flipside909 why don't you like HDR?
Its mainly because people are overdoing HDR and making it way to cartoonish. It takes the picture to a new extent that makes the image look fake. If you like HDR, which i do, Keep doing HDR just do it correctly

HDR is taking over the real aspect of photography, and thats to capture the moment with good composition,lighting, enviorment etc.. Also people are killing HDR, so people think its getting way to played out

@OP: Good photos for now, but show us some beaches and girls in bikinis and the great sunsets you can see :P
Old 06-04-08, 04:41 PM
ngl1145
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ExTrEmE99
Its mainly because people are overdoing HDR and making it way to cartoonish. It takes the picture to a new extent that makes the image look fake. If you like HDR, which i do, Keep doing HDR just do it correctly

HDR is taking over the real aspect of photography, and thats to capture the moment with good composition,lighting, enviorment etc.. Also people are killing HDR, so people think its getting way to played out

@OP: Good photos for now, but show us some beaches and girls in bikinis and the great sunsets you can see :P
Well if you look at a lot of the images lately, I seem to be the only one doing a lot of HDR work.
Old 06-04-08, 04:51 PM
HI98GS
Lexus Test Driver

I have been out for awhile. Cody, I thought you were gettting an M3? Now this? Do you have both?
Old 06-04-08, 04:53 PM
HI98GS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
Where is that park? it looks sooooo deserted, looks like it would make a good stop on a cruise route
Looks like a good place to bring my girls to play on the playground, while I can hoop. Where is this, I thought I scoped out all the parks with hoopability and playground stuff.
Old 06-04-08, 05:36 PM
ngl1145
Lexus Test Driver

I did post processing on one of your photos. All adjustments made were in exposure, brightness, saturation, etc. I always shoot in RAW and try to use the lowest ISO possible. I'm not an expert, but this is what I would do if they were my photos. I still learn from others critiques as well. Keep it up!!!

After:

Before (Your original you posted):

After:

Before:

Last edited by ngl1145; 06-04-08 at 05:59 PM.
Old 06-04-08, 05:40 PM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^ the blue is quite too saturated. Somewhere in t he middle would work for me
Old 06-04-08, 05:53 PM
ngl1145
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Hartawan
^^^ the blue is quite too saturated. Somewhere in t he middle would work for me
Better? I corrected it in the above post
Old 06-04-08, 07:20 PM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VelvetBlue
Let me get this straight. You live in Hawaii and you give us pictures of your car on a basketball court? How about something we can't see ourselves on the mainland for a background? The pictures you posted were nice and all but I'm sure you could come up with something better.
well i was lazy and the bball court 30 secs away from my house
Old 06-04-08, 07:29 PM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

this is your new hobby and you bought a 1D/24-105L/430EX/CF tripod?? HOLY CRAP. thats like buying a F1 car b/c you started to drive on the track.

PL filter: did you turn it so that the cars not reflecting?
ISO: turn it down!
LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION. You live in Hawaii for crying out loud, theres gotta be beautiful landscape. and watch out for poles in the background. also you may want to wait till its sunset/sunrise to shoot a car (10mins after sunset is my fav ).
Old 06-04-08, 07:45 PM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Coco-bun
this is your new hobby and you bought a 1D/24-105L/430EX/CF tripod?? HOLY CRAP. thats like buying a F1 car b/c you started to drive on the track.

PL filter: did you turn it so that the cars not reflecting?
ISO: turn it down!
LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION. You live in Hawaii for crying out loud, theres gotta be beautiful landscape. and watch out for poles in the background. also you may want to wait till its sunset/sunrise to shoot a car (10mins after sunset is my fav ).
there is a bit more reflection without the filter....ISO...yeah i can turn it down by my shutter speed will not be handholdable...again remember i didnt have the time for tripod this time. the ISO capabilities on mk3 i am LEAST worried about.

lol damn i guess you folks are not bball fans haha relax...i just had enough time to snap some pics after playing bball.
Old 06-04-08, 07:51 PM
chikken
Lead Lap

niiiiiceeee.....hey maybe we can do a minishoot there on sunday.

Quick Reply: bball court IS-F photoshoot lol