IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

bball court IS-F photoshoot lol

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-08, 07:52 PM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

as for location...this park is in Moanalua Valley.

i know you folks think Hawaii-> beach shots, palm trees, sunsets, etc...i totally understand that...heck i would go to the beach to do photoshoot if i had more time.

again the reason why i did a bball photoshoot cuz for me...i went to play there before the photoshoot lol and bball is one of my favorite sports i enjoy.
Old 06-04-08, 07:52 PM
ngl1145
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really wish I could join you guys
Old 06-04-08, 07:53 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Its okay, better luck next time

When we see photos, everyone expects top notch quality especially from the Hawaii members, since everyone is VIP

Dont let the comments get to you, their only peoples opinions afterall as long as your happy with it, thats all that matters.
Old 06-04-08, 07:53 PM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by HI98GS
I have been out for awhile. Cody, I thought you were gettting an M3? Now this? Do you have both?
well what happen is I wanted DCT white on black e92 m3. after i seen the ultrasonic blue IN PERSON. that was the end of that story lol. I am LOVIN the car!
Old 06-04-08, 07:55 PM
HI98GS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by aloha03gs
as for location...this park is in Moanalua Valley.

i know you folks think Hawaii-> beach shots, palm trees, sunsets, etc...i totally understand that...heck i would go to the beach to do photoshoot if i had more time.

again the reason why i did a bball photoshoot cuz for me...i went to play there before the photoshoot lol and bball is one of my favorite sports i enjoy.
Well tell me when you ball! I'd come out! I started going to Kapaelono Park (12th ave by KCC) on Sunday mornings.
Old 06-04-08, 07:56 PM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ExTrEmE99
Its okay, better luck next time

When we see photos, everyone expects top notch quality especially from the Hawaii members, since everyone is VIP

Dont let the comments get to you, their only peoples opinions afterall as long as your happy with it, thats all that matters.
lol thanks...nah seriously you know even if its not positive...i dont mind with the person being straight up...thats totally cool with me. heck if i wanted to hear all positive...i would say C & C not welcome haha lol
Old 06-04-08, 08:06 PM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by photomaker
Are you processing your RAW or JPG files? There are some differences in color between the two (at least to me on my monitor). Here's an example of two identical shots, one processed from the JPG and one processed from the RAW.

JPG

RAW

I find the RAW files give me more saturated colors than their JPG counterparts (I shoot RAW+JPG). Also, almost all digital SLR images require some post processing to look their best (I guess there's some built-in limitations because of the IR and AA filters on the sensors). Specifically, USM (Unsharp Mask in Photoshop) is probabaly the most important tool in getting the sharpest photos possible (use carefully, try not to over-sharpen into "crunchiness"). The above photos were hand-held with a slow shutter speed (1/25 f2.8) so they're a bit soft. Some good shots, and the one you reposted is definitely the best of the bunch. Keep it up!
seriously i agree with everything you state here...comparing the RAW vs. JPEG...damn a lot of color is lost on my side as well with JPEG photos....

i prefer shooting in RAW but i will be honest...if i am just gonna post pics and not print lol...i tend to use JPEG lol since the size and much more convienent.
Old 06-04-08, 08:11 PM
ngl1145
Lexus Test Driver

lol thanks...nah seriously you know even if its not positive...i dont mind with the person being straight up...thats totally cool with me. heck if i wanted to hear all positive...i would say C & C not welcome haha lol
Sorry if I didn't post too positive about the pics. But I do have to say that I love the color of your car and of course your camera gear. Trust me I myself am still learning. Your attitude is excellent to the critique. That's how everyone gets better! By the way, my camera occasionally takes pictures overexposed as well. Sometimes I set the exposure value to be a slight negative value to compensate.
Old 06-04-08, 08:16 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

photoshoot on sunday? chikken you BETTER let me know makapu'u with rabbit island in the background would rock unless you guys gonna discriminate against a is350
Old 06-04-08, 08:21 PM
chikken
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
photoshoot on sunday? chikken you BETTER let me know makapu'u with rabbit island in the background would rock unless you guys gonna discriminate against a is350
v8 only hahahahahahah nah.... maks sounds good....i'm thinking water in the background....gotta go early to beat the tourists there tho....or any other places?

or even kualoa with chinaman's hat?
Old 06-04-08, 08:22 PM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ngl1145
Sorry if I didn't post too positive about the pics. But I do have to say that I love the color of your car and of course your camera gear. Trust me I myself am still learning. Your attitude is excellent to the critique. That's how everyone gets better! By the way, my camera occasionally takes pictures overexposed as well. Sometimes I set the exposure value to be a slight negative value to compensate.
you dont have to be sorry lol...its a forum and imo each person is entitled to make comments. heck you are totally right! I mean if everyone tells me great job...obviously my skills or lack of lol...wont improve lol.
Old 06-04-08, 08:26 PM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
more than welcome to come man! seriously! its all good!
Old 06-04-08, 08:47 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by ngl1145
Hah... what's wrong with HDR photography. By the way very nice equipment. I wish I could afford that But in my personal opinion, those pictures are a bit overexposed on most of them. If you look at some of the pictures, I see lots of bright sky and seems a bit washed out. HDR captures the various aspects of light and incorporates them in the image such that you capture everything. In his pictures, the sky is too bright. The car color came out ok. If you look at the paint in some of the images, I do see clouds in the sky. With the human eye you can see it, but you can't see it with the camera image because the camera (settings) didn't compensate for both. As for setting, there are too many distractions taking away from the car.

Flipside909 why don't you like HDR?
I don't like HDR completely, but as mention above, too many novice photographers are buying expensive digital slr's, do alot of computer editing and using this as a means to make their photos "look good". Call me a traditionalist, I learned to shoot photography with a 35mm SLR and learned all the basics to photography...like depth of field, rule of thirds and etc. Hell, most people have no idea what BDE stands for or how it works. If you know the basics to photography, there's no real need for HDR to touch up a photo. Let your imagination do the work and point the camera in the direction that best captures the moment. The world of digital photography and editing is here to stay, but sadly people are using HDR to cover up mediocre and marginal photography.
Old 06-04-08, 10:42 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

chinamans sounds good to me nice big park... hope no rain... alittle overcast would be good thou cuz our starfire pearl cars get HURT DA EYES bright in full sun and dont come out so well in pics... would be nice to get george in on this too with his 10-22 wide angle lens.

AND...

Would be nice to meet you Cody and biotch about why he dont COME TO EVENTS

*oh yea, i'll bring some hot wheels so we can figure out poses... or we can just use sticks again *

Last edited by llamaboiz; 06-04-08 at 10:58 PM.
Old 06-04-08, 11:10 PM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

there is a bit more reflection without the filter....ISO...yeah i can turn it down by my shutter speed will not be handholdable...again remember i didnt have the time for tripod this time. the ISO capabilities on mk3 i am LEAST worried about.

lol damn i guess you folks are not bball fans haha relax...i just had enough time to snap some pics after playing bball.
oh, must have been a really impromptu shoot then. definitly use that tripod next time. and i just think there are better back grounds than a basketball court...i mean, c'mon, youre in hawaii!!

Quick Reply: bball court IS-F photoshoot lol