IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

ISF Quirks Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-08, 08:23 AM
testmetest
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default ISF Quirks Thread

I love my car. It's a fantastic machine and fits my driving style like a glove. What quirks or things have you noticed that you would change if you had the ability to?

I have a few things that would require a simple firmware upgrade at most:
  • Allow us to input addresses in the nav unit when in motion
  • Enable CD-text information
  • Enlarge the gear indicator on the dashboard to the size of the "F"
  • Allow us to change the personalized settings ourselves using the same menu that lets us initialize tire pressure, enable park assist, etc. Or, put it in the NAV unit to let us change the settings there. I would like to turn the footwell lights off, but what if it turns out I like it? Then I have to schedule another appointment and pay to have them turn it back on? Bleh.
Also:
  • Remove the "F" emblems from the exterior doors and from the carpet. I spent the money on this car, I know what I bought. I don't need to be reminded.
  • Change the type of display that shows the clock and passenger airbag. It looks like old technology. It's not sleek or "Lexus" looking.
  • Change some of the indicator lights on the dashboard. The Lexus "look" on the dashboard is from the uniform lighted display technology. But some of the indicators (park assist, etc) appear to have a bulb behind them causing a non-uniformly lit icon with hot spots.
Old 06-19-08, 08:43 AM
houstonT
Lead Lap

My BIGGEST peave in the world - no a/c in the front seats!
Peter
Old 06-19-08, 08:47 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1. No ventilated seats
2. The front fender gap is to big it has to be dropped about .5 inch.
Old 06-19-08, 08:51 AM
testmetest
Driver

I never sat in ventilated seats before. What's it like? Is it that much better? How do they do it? Doesn't it get clogged up/dusty?
Old 06-19-08, 09:06 AM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

next time you're at the dealer try out a regular IS, the ventilated seats are nice in the summer... haha I've never heard of it getting clogged/dusty.
Old 06-19-08, 10:13 AM
Sooner350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

non-vented black seats + summer = swamp a$$
Old 06-19-08, 10:57 AM
50ISF50
Rookie

The arm rest power outlet is angled such that you cannot get a recharger in there and close the arm rest bin--thus it is useless while driving!!
Old 06-19-08, 12:18 PM
testmetest
Driver

Originally Posted by 50ISF50
The arm rest power outlet is angled such that you cannot get a recharger in there and close the arm rest bin--thus it is useless while driving!!
You're in luck. Check out this post by Javier. I got one for $12.99 from Target's. They have ones for Nokias, Blackberrys, Samsungs, AT&T, etc. It's awesome because I can close the armrest now. Here are a couple of his pictures showing it bending 90 degrees.

Old 06-19-08, 02:58 PM
50ISF50
Rookie

Originally Posted by testmetest
You're in luck. Check out this post by Javier. I got one for $12.99 from Target's. They have ones for Nokias, Blackberrys, Samsungs, AT&T, etc. It's awesome because I can close the armrest now. Here are a couple of his pictures showing it bending 90 degrees.

Thanks. Do you know if they have it for iphone?
Old 06-19-08, 03:14 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

^^Yes I am positive that the iphone is what that member is using. they just happen to be for other make phones
Old 06-20-08, 12:00 PM
50ISF50
Rookie

Originally Posted by passnu2
^^Yes I am positive that the iphone is what that member is using. they just happen to be for other make phones
I don't think so. The jack is not an iPhone jack. I went to Target and Best Buy yesterday and they don't make one for the iPhone.
Old 06-20-08, 06:48 PM
lexusjunky
Rookie

they need to put the powerfolding mirrors like the european models....dammit
Old 06-20-08, 06:57 PM
ALF6310
Driver School Candidate

Default Use cigarette lighter

I had the same issue with my IPHONE car recharger using the arm rest compartmental one; it did not allow me to close the top and was very awkward. I removed the cigarette lighter and use that source now and it has solved the problem and actually provides a nice resting place for the Iphone. I may consider investing in the above mentioned modification as well..
Old 06-23-08, 10:13 AM
50ISF50
Rookie

Originally Posted by ALF6310
I had the same issue with my IPHONE car recharger using the arm rest compartmental one; it did not allow me to close the top and was very awkward. I removed the cigarette lighter and use that source now and it has solved the problem and actually provides a nice resting place for the Iphone. I may consider investing in the above mentioned modification as well..
I went to ATT cause they have an iPhone charger with the cord out the side rather than from the top. Now, I can use the arm rest compartment outlet and use the cigarette lighter for my radar/laser detector. I am MUCH happier now.
Old 06-24-08, 08:18 PM
BoGiE
Driver School Candidate

The thing that bugs me most is when I am on the freeway and I downshift a couple of gears and go WOT. The car downshifts to ~ 4,000 RPMS then hesitates for a second (it actually slowly accelerates during the hesitation) before taking off. Do others have this issue? I can't wait for a software correction.

B

Last edited by BoGiE; 06-24-08 at 08:24 PM.

Quick Reply: ISF Quirks Thread