IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

IS-F Sales

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-08, 07:46 AM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
Lexus actually is doing quite well with IS-F sales, especially in comparison to the M3 Sedan (not coupe) and C63 AMG.
I haven't seen Lexus break out IS-F sales anymore publicly though they are, obviously, available internally. However I *also* haven't seen BMW or MB break out M3 or C63 sales. How are you guys comparing? Is there a public source that has the breakout?
Old 07-11-08, 08:18 AM
lxusfrek13
Driver School Candidate

I work for a lexus dealer and we can't keep them in stock... we just got one in this week but prolly wont last thru the weekend. The freakin LX570 is rates by yahoo as the 2nd most wanted car in the US. We get call from all over the country for them. They are on like a 3 month back order and they are $82K. Lexus owners like thier vehicles and we haven't seen nearly the hit other brands have seen.
Old 07-11-08, 08:23 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by Bulls23337
yeah i still haven't seen one on the road yet. and i live in san diego. crazy.
Give it a few more months and you will see more. I've seen a handful here in the LA area as well as in the Bay Area as well. It's out there, most all of them blend in. There are small quantities of Ultrasonic.
Old 07-11-08, 08:24 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Johnson
I haven't seen Lexus break out IS-F sales anymore publicly though they are, obviously, available internally. However I *also* haven't seen BMW or MB break out M3 or C63 sales. How are you guys comparing? Is there a public source that has the breakout?
The figures are from my direct sources at Lexus. The numbers are public. I will post them up when I get a chance.
Old 07-11-08, 08:42 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I passed by my local dealer this morning to place and order they had 2 ISF's black and silver. They too are being snatched quick. As for other one's on the road, with the exception of mine I have seen a black one about 3 times and he lives in my area, and I've met up with a guy a couple of times and his is silver. Beside that I haven't anymore on the road. By the way I get lots of compliments on mine especially the color. I've seen an Blue M3 Sedan just once, but my local BMW dealer when I last passed by had about 5 on the lot 3 coupes and 2 sedans. I am sure there selling and meeting or even exceding lexus's expectations but you cannot tell its a limited edition vehicle.
Old 07-11-08, 10:08 AM
VelvetBlue
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Come to the JDM car show in Fontana on the 20th. You'll see a few there.
Old 07-11-08, 12:23 PM
Bulls23337
Intermediate

Give it a few more months and you will see more. I've seen a handful here in the LA area as well as in the Bay Area as well. It's out there, most all of them blend in. There are small quantities of Ultrasonic.
In a few more months there'll be one prevalent in the SD area...MINE lol. But I would certainly notice if I've seen one on the road. Surprised I haven't. Even driving through the OC and IE.
Old 07-11-08, 03:42 PM
sizquik
Driver School Candidate

I saw FOUR on the street today including a Neiman Marcus edition. This was in the West Los Angeles / Westwood area.
Old 07-11-08, 06:15 PM
dkaplan435
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I saw 3 today. At the dealer. #2 guy @ the dealer is driving a blue ISF, 2 black ones on the lot
Old 07-11-08, 06:27 PM
IS2Fizzle
Pole Position

I know of one SD county dealer that is going to get one (ultrasonic) in within the month. But I'm keepin it on the low low. I a saw Mercury metallic at the dealership and loved it. The silver with gunmetal wheels combo is sex.
Old 07-11-08, 06:36 PM
TRDRAV4
Advanced

i saw a quick glimpse of a white IS-F on Wednesday evening in Little Tokyo LA. They're out there but you have to look closely...in LA, there's lot of IS's.

Also, the Lexus dealer near me (Lexus of Thousand Oaks) has one in their showroom (Ultrasonic Blue).
Old 07-11-08, 06:48 PM
dw8787
Driver

I went to the Taste of Lexus Ultimate Driving Academy today at Atlanta Motor Speedway. I currently have an IS350 and was curious to see and feel the difference between the ISF and the 350. I have to admit I was impressed. In addition to the obvious power and breaking advantage, it just has a lot better all around feel over the IS350. I still love my 350 but the ISF is nice. I realize I'm preaching to the choir, but thought I would throw in my 2 cents. By the way, the Lexus rep there said they are only producing 2500 this year. So I would say the chances of seeing one on the street are a little slim. I have seen one here in this area. Well make that 3 now since two people that I saw owned ISF's that were there with me today.

Last edited by dw8787; 07-13-08 at 02:08 PM.
Old 07-12-08, 12:04 AM
Bulls23337
Intermediate

Originally Posted by IS2Fizzle
I know of one SD county dealer that is going to get one (ultrasonic) in within the month. But I'm keepin it on the low low. I a saw Mercury metallic at the dealership and loved it. The silver with gunmetal wheels combo is sex.
You too? I know as well. I have on order there a blue/alpine IS-F.
Old 07-12-08, 07:47 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by dw8787
I went to the Taste of Lexus Ultimate Driving Academy today at Atlanta Motor Speedway. I currently have an IS350 and was curious to see and feel the difference between the ISF and the 350. I have to admit I was impressed. In addition to the obvious power and breaking advantage, it just has a lot better all around feel over the IS350. I still love my 350 but the ISF is nice. I realize I'm preaching to the choir, but thought I would throw in my 2 cents. By the way, the Lexus rep there said they are only producing 2500 this year. So I would say the chances of seeing one on the street are a little slimmer. I have seen one here in this area. Well make that 3 now since two people that I saw owned ISF's that were there with me today.
I was there too. What group were you in?

I've seen about 4 IS-Fs around Atlanta and not one M3 or C63 yet which I do find odd.
Old 07-14-08, 05:36 AM
RAKLAW
Driver School Candidate

had my 1000 mile service Saturday. Dealer in Westchester County, NY suburb of NYC has 3 ISF's. Balck one w/out Nav been on the floor since 4/20 when I got mine. Also has a UltraBlue and Silver one just in. General economy issues hitting all performance models of all makes IMHO

Quick Reply: IS-F Sales