IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

SRT Intake & Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-08, 10:56 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

SRT has been around for awhile, there no fly by night operation. According to there dyno the 34hp and 26lbs of torque increase to the rear wheels is the ISF hitting or breaking 400lbs of torque and 450hp to the flywheel?
Old 07-29-08, 11:51 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
So, they're tightening up the A/F ratio with their controller and that's where the real power gains are. I bet you could hook up their device to a completely stock car and it would immediately make more power.

Lobux, you're right. My friend had recently tuned his stock Acura Integra GSR with an air fuel controller and he was able to gain about 6whp for the most part. We did back to back dyno and reverted the settings to stock. The A/F tuning does allow us to gain more power on a stock engine. I laugh whenever someone thinks that adding a larger pipe to the vehicle will automatically gain 20whp
Old 07-29-08, 02:47 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I've had the SRT intake/ECU on my GS400 for a few years and still love it.

The sound alone is worth the price (but the power gains ARE noticeable).

A short vid with me stabbing it in a parking lot...
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=11430384
My GS does have a MagnaFlow exhaust, but what you're hearing here is
mostly intake noise. Love it!
Old 07-29-08, 04:53 PM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

I agree GS just an intake in itself will not give 20whp, maybe 8-10whp at most. So the ecu is needed to make these large gains. I got a reply from SRT if you guys are wondering what power gains we can get from this intake/exhaust combo, basically 34whp/26wtq gains come out to
455hp/410lbs of torque to the flywheel(engine) this is coming from SRT. What does everyone think? Does this include a 17% drivetrain loss?
Old 07-29-08, 05:27 PM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I heard a rumor that SRT was actually a vendor of ClubLexus a few years back but something went wrong? Like there were some shady practices by them? Not sure tho...just remembered someone saying that. Also for the people that used the IS300 SRT intake, did you guys actually get the posted hp/tq that SRT put on their site? Just wondering cuz I don't want to get an intake or exhaust and not get close to what is being advertise...

Oh rumor has it that Joe Z is working on an intake and exhaust for the IS-F...so if anybody is interested, hopefully we will see them soon.

Last edited by CrazyMPG; 07-31-08 at 05:21 PM.
Old 08-02-08, 07:04 AM
dbastidas0
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my whole concern is the splicing that is needed for the ecu. I had an AEM intake on my 1gen IS and a fujita on my 2gen and never needed to do no splicing for the intake. And on top of that would you trust your local performance shop to actually splice your ecu wires???? maybe its just me but that sounds like a lot of iffy stuff to put on a intake. With all that being said Im dieing to put one on my F and if those numbers are true it sounds amazing. Regularly I install the intake myself but I dont think im qualified for the ecu splice and i Dont know if i would trust anyone else to do it...
Old 08-02-08, 01:33 PM
DRE1615
Lexus Test Driver

I spoke with a rep from SRT this morning about a bunch of things regarding their mods for the ISF. He said he was one of the lead designers for the ISF products. As far as the intake, all it does is change the A/F ratios as we already know. It doesn't change or manipulate the intake/exhaust valve timing whatsoever, so you dont have to worry about that. He said driving the car with just the intake was nice and felt peppier, but adding the intake and exhaust together really opened the car up and said it felt great.

As far as warranties go, he said it will probably be a case to case basis. He said by law, they dealers can't void your warranty unless it is proven that the mod directly contributed to your car malfunctioning. This is pretty common knowledge. He said he has a bunch of Lexus dealers that purchase parts directly from SRT so I'm thinking maybe some dealers will say it's ok and some may give you a hard time.

He also mentioned a bolt on supercharger kit in the making. Something pushing 4-5 PSI that could use the stock internals for ease of use and price. Sounds pretty awesome.

I haven't made up my mind yet, but I'll probably wait for a few more things to come out before taking the plunge.

**Oh and one more thing...The test car they used belonged to a Regional Manager for Lexus. Maybe Lexus was closer to this than we think and won't be so hard on the warranty issue.

Last edited by DRE1615; 08-02-08 at 01:36 PM.
Old 08-16-08, 06:48 AM
waynetech2
Pole Position

hey LexISguy, or anyone who ordered the intake/exhaust,
have you recieved/installed your intake yet? Any news?

Last edited by waynetech2; 08-16-08 at 07:07 AM.
Old 08-16-08, 11:57 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

I should be getting my intake sometime next week.
Old 08-16-08, 12:07 PM
dbastidas0
Driver

whats up lexis guy..its funny i have a silver IS-F in miramar also and i havent seen you around..i didnt even know there was a blue one around here... anyways please let me know where are you going to take your intake to get it installed. Im assuming that since the srt intake comes with that ecu thing it needs to be sliced in to your wiring...otherwise I would have no problem instaling my own intake. thanks for the info
Old 08-17-08, 06:59 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Hey Db I am planning on installing it myself. Was it your car that I saw going NB on 184th ave and parked one day at regal cinemas westfork, and also in dania beach off old griffin road?. Check out the officially spotted section in Florida club lexus. What part of Miramar do you live in? I will keep you guys up to date, and good luck with tropical storm fay.
Old 08-17-08, 10:23 AM
dbastidas0
Driver

yeah that was probably me at regal but not old griffin.. im right by I-75 and mirimar pkwy. well please keep me posted how your install goes and good luck with fay as well...one piece of advice, if you have a garage ; put your car in there during the storm.
Old 08-17-08, 04:18 PM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Nice DB I'm out by the super wal-mart off pines. I will have my car in the garage. Are you east or west of I-75? If your not busy try to pass by for the mini meet on Sept 11 at fuddruckers I would be nice to meet you and your car....
Old 08-17-08, 07:52 PM
dbastidas0
Driver

im acuallly in Huntington...so literally right by I-75.. but yeah definitely .. ill be there on the 11th...cheers
Old 08-18-08, 06:33 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Thats great hope to see you then.....

Quick Reply: SRT Intake & Exhaust