IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

SRT Intake & Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-08, 05:14 PM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am assuming after my exhaust gets installed in conjuction with my SRT intake my car should be making 380whp+....hopefully crossing my fingers.
Old 12-08-08, 05:18 PM
btwanky
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you happen to know.. if they take the first set of cats with that exhaust?
Old 12-09-08, 08:38 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

the exhaust removes the secondary cats
Old 12-10-08, 12:39 PM
oztiks
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Robs IS250
my friend has to take the car into lexus once a week to reset the ECU because his car runs like ish when the intake is on.. and the tech has been calling SRT to be able to resolve the problem atleast over the phone since they built it and they dont pick up his calls or they dont put the owner on...

What kind of issues is he having? I'm surprised lexus is willing to reset the ECU with the SRT on there?
Old 12-10-08, 12:42 PM
oztiks
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tastemydus
If my unit was defective I would expect the manufacturer to not only pay to replace the unit but to cover the costs of the reinstallation.

I agree with you wholeheartedly and that's all I asked SRT to do - I gave them the chance to "make things right" and they refused.
Old 12-11-08, 08:26 AM
8speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oztiks
I agree with you wholeheartedly and that's all I asked SRT to do - I gave them the chance to "make things right" and they refused.

Well that sums it up. SRT should be ashamed of themselves and it's no coincidence that they are not a supporter to any lexus forum on the internet. IOW, they don't support Lexus owners!

SRT
Old 12-11-08, 08:33 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by 8speed
Well that sums it up. SRT should be ashamed of themselves and it's no coincidence that they are not a supporter to any lexus forum on the internet. IOW, they don't support Lexus owners!

SRT
Actually they are a forum sponsor on my.is and have a very good reputation with the IS300 guys at least. I've personally met the owner and he seems like a good guy. If it changes anyone's mind, my buddy's IS-F was also down in power compared to mine and verified both on the dyno and at the track. SRT looked into the issue immediately. They put his car back to stock for a new baseline, put the intake back on and tweaked the a/f controller (over 8hrs of tweaking on the dyno!). The car then put down the numbers that SRT claims. So in a nutshell if you got an intake from SRT prior to December you will most likely need to send it back for an update. (Hopefully free of charge)

Last edited by caymandive; 12-11-08 at 08:41 AM.
Old 12-11-08, 08:44 AM
8speed
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by caymandive
Actually they are a forum sponsor on my.is and have a very good reputation with the IS300 guys at least. I've personally met the owner and he seems like a good guy. If it changes anyone's mind, my buddy's IS-F was also down in power compared to mine and verified both on the dyno and at the track. SRT looked into the issue immediately. They put his car back to stock for a new baseline, put the intake back on and tweaked the a/f controller. The car then put down the numbers SRT claims. So in a nutshell if you got an intake from SRT prior to December you will most likely need to send it back for an update. (Hopefully free of charge)

Fair enough, but if you're throwing down $500-600 bones for an intake that requires saldering and hours of installation it should work right.....the first time. There are cases of people not only gaining nothing, but are experiencing losses in performance with the SRT intake. A company is only as good as its last customer.
Old 12-11-08, 08:46 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 8speed
Fair enough, but if you're throwing down $500-600 bones for an intake that requires saldering and hours of installation it should work right.....the first time. There are cases of people not only gaining nothing, but have a decrease in performance with the SRT set up. A company is only as good as its last customer.
Yeah I totally agree with you. Don't release something until it's been thoroughly tested. If I were SRT I'd call up every person I sold it too and offer them a free update including shipping and maybe a discount on their exhaust.
Old 12-11-08, 08:49 AM
8speed
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah I totally agree with you. Don't release something until it's been thoroughly tested. If I were SRT I'd call up every person I sold it too and offer them a free update including shipping and maybe a discount on their exhaust.

Old 12-11-08, 11:49 AM
wumpscut
Driver School Candidate

http://my.is/forums/f99/srt-v160-shi...beware-363204/
Old 12-11-08, 02:08 PM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

wow this thread has expanded the last couple of days...
Old 12-11-08, 06:11 PM
oztiks
Lexus Test Driver

Actually they are a forum sponsor on my.is and have a very good reputation with the IS300 guys at least. I've personally met the owner and he seems like a good guy. If it changes anyone's mind, my buddy's IS-F was also down in power compared to mine and verified both on the dyno and at the track. SRT looked into the issue immediately. They put his car back to stock for a new baseline, put the intake back on and tweaked the a/f controller (over 8hrs of tweaking on the dyno!). The car then put down the numbers that SRT claims. So in a nutshell if you got an intake from SRT prior to December you will most likely need to send it back for an update. (Hopefully free of charge)
They will indeed be providing an updated ECU free of charge (I can only assume they will ship you a new ECU), they will not reimburse you for any lost money/time/etc for deinstallation/reinstallation of the ECU, however. They have not communicated details to ANY current customers that I am aware of, except the customers that have specifically asked. They also continued to sell their "broken" product during the time they were fixing it. This is extremely unfair to people who were purchasing it AFTER SRT new of the issues. These people will have to go through getting the broken ECU installed, then removed and replaced when SRT finally decides to alert them that there was/is an issue.
Old 12-11-08, 07:42 PM
tastemydus
Driver

Exclamation caymandive how can you say SRT has good rep with my.is

After reading 8 pages of negative posts SRT- V160 shipping { SRT BUYER BEWARE ** "http://my.is/forums/f99/srt-v160-shipping-srt-buyer-beware-363204/" about SRT products and their customer service I wouldn't exactly say that SRT is in good standing with the member's of my.is.

People need to take "good guy" out when referring to any business transactions that take place between vendor and purchaser. Mo could be a great guy, who pays his taxes on time, and volunteers down at the youth center on the weekends, but as far as running a business he could have the worst customer service, rip people off, and sell shady parts shipped in a roll of toilet paper which is what the majority of the member's are stating. After reading those 8 pages of stories regarding how SRT screwed IS member's one way or another I definitely will not buy any more parts from them. Yes I own a SRT Intake and didn't have any problems, but i have yet to dyno it. Regardless of whether or not my Intake meets manufactures statements I won't buy from them because of the **** poor way they have treated so many other customer's. They should be banned. If any CL Vendor wants to dime in I am curious as to the process of becoming a vendor on here? Please don't tell me all I need is money. If that is the case then you have no screening process and you have and will continue to have shady *** vendors up on here. Why don't the main people running this show come together and create some regulatory process to keep companies like SRT and their shady owners from having anything to do with CL web site or my.is website. You guys are losing the integrity or a great web site.

Old 12-12-08, 05:38 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

UHHH let me rephrase myself. SRT "used" to be reputable. I just assumed they were still reputable, but as I've been reading lately things can and do change sometimes for the worst.

Quick Reply: SRT Intake & Exhaust