IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Is there an ISF in my future?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-08, 11:38 PM
Blue Bat
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Namir
Ultra sonic blue is one hot color! And the GTR doesn't come in blue otherwise I would say try to get one of those, so go with the blue IS-F!

btw are you still making overlays for the G35/37/Z guys?
You read my mind. I wish they had made the GT-R in Blue, then I'd jump all over it! I'm not counting the GT-R out by any means. I have an offer from a guy in Sweden that wants my Viper. He's offering a decent price in a really bad market and economy, thats whats making me think about taking his offer and persuing another car. Here's my current ride, an 06 VOI9 Limited Edition Viper, #93 out of 100 made in this color combo. I've got American Racing Headers, High Flow Cats, Corsa Track Exhaust, KW Variant 2 Coliovers, and IForged Astras, with centers powdercoated Gunmetal. I'm gonna have a hard time parting with her. Still doing the Overlays, for many cars now! including the IS350 .

Bat™

Old 07-28-08, 11:42 PM
Blue Bat
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Bulls23337
andy!! i dunno if i told you at the corolla meet, but i have a blue/alpine on special order coming in ~november.

on a side note, are more blues being produced now? i wonder if any will come with the alpine or if that's still a special order only option. i'd love to be able to make a great deal on one.

EDIT: this is chris aka CJ from matrixowners.
Congrats Chris! Cant wait to see it. Who did you order it from? What kind of price?

Bat™
Old 07-28-08, 11:43 PM
Blue Bat
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by hapaboy
by the cars you have, i think you should get a GT-R R35. since that's what you'd really want after about 10 months with an F.
lol, decisions decisions...

Bat™
Old 07-28-08, 11:44 PM
Blue Bat
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sst760
Im in the same boat as well....94 supra TT to NSX..M3 now looking into a IS-f.....Ive seen all of andy's vipers AMAZING cars this guy has had
who's this?

Bat™
Old 07-28-08, 11:45 PM
Blue Bat
Driver School Candidate

btw, how much were you guys able to take off msrp?

Bat™
Old 07-28-08, 11:57 PM
Bulls23337
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Blue Batmobile
Congrats Chris! Cant wait to see it. Who did you order it from? What kind of price?

Bat™
I haven't really talked price yet. The problem is that it's a special order and supposedly those only sell at MSRP. We'll see. I'm trying to find one in stock or as part of an allocation, but the Alpine interior so far is only available via special order.

I ordered from one of the internet sales manager's at Bob Baker. He's a really cool guy. He's German with a Filipino GF lol. We bought my mom's '08 RX400h from them and I promised them the first shot at this, so hopefully they return the favor and get me a good deal.
Old 08-02-08, 09:25 PM
Blue Bat
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the info!

Bat™
Old 08-02-08, 11:46 PM
highstakes
Pole Position

Unfortunately I had to sell it in order to refinance my home. Here's a couple more pics of it after I had gotten done fixing her up.
Your car looks awesome!! Too bad that they stopped making this car, and noo excited about this new one either...they could at least kept the engine layout of the NSX.
Old 08-03-08, 08:55 AM
Namir
Lead Lap

You read my mind. I wish they had made the GT-R in Blue, then I'd jump all over it! I'm not counting the GT-R out by any means. I have an offer from a guy in Sweden that wants my Viper. He's offering a decent price in a really bad market and economy, thats whats making me think about taking his offer and persuing another car. Here's my current ride, an 06 VOI9 Limited Edition Viper, #93 out of 100 made in this color combo. I've got American Racing Headers, High Flow Cats, Corsa Track Exhaust, KW Variant 2 Coliovers, and IForged Astras, with centers powdercoated Gunmetal. I'm gonna have a hard time parting with her. Still doing the Overlays, for many cars now! including the IS350 .

Bat™
that viper is
As far as the GTR, if the blue thing was holding you back you can always go the custom paint job route. I know there was an orange one tearing the streets of roppongi...definitely not a factory color.

What kind of overlays do you have for the IS? any links/pictures yet?
Old 08-03-08, 09:23 PM
Reyngel
Lead Lap

I just saw an Ultrasonic Blue one at Lexus of Seattle up here in Washington. You could just have it sent down?
Old 08-04-08, 07:41 PM
Chekmi21
Lead Lap

hahahaha cool! You have a great reputation on G35driver.com.

Cool...still into the fast cars huh. Yeh I second the R35 GTR comment.
Old 08-04-08, 08:26 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Whats up Bat, its Derrick (DII from vcaforums) with the red SRT-10 on 20/20's

Coming from the Viper I think the IS-F is going to be a little to tame for you. Its a great performer, but I think you need to graduate to the "F" (as our team member Cathy did, from a IS250). If you come from a car thats so much faster, like the Viper you may not enjoy it as much.

As somone else mentioned, maybe a GTR, or even a M6 with intake, headers, exhaust, software would do the trick.
Old 08-11-08, 01:33 AM
Blue Bat
Driver School Candidate

Hey Derrick, thanks for your input. At this point I'm still on the fence. However, I was eyeing one of these in gunmetal at a local dealer yesterday...

Bat™
Old 08-11-08, 05:50 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Hey Derrick, thanks for your input. At this point I'm still on the fence. However, I was eyeing one of these in gunmetal at a local dealer yesterday...
I think that would a better overall choice considering your past cars. Its still going to offer a lot more comfort / convenience compared to the VIPER.

Good luck with your final decision.