IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Lexus Ipod/Iphone adapter in the ISF? XM vs. Aux?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-08, 10:09 AM
larrysb
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus Ipod/Iphone adapter in the ISF? XM vs. Aux?

I've seen some indications that the OEM Lexus Ipod adapter does *not* work in the ISF.

If it does, can anyone confirm that it works with the iPhone?

Also, does adding the XM receiver disable the AUX input in the console?

I know there's an audio section, but some of this seems to be specific to the IS-F versus the rest of the IS line.
Old 07-29-08, 10:55 AM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

l-tuned told me it does work in the is-f.. i was going to order it but heard its horrible.. so im going with the VAIS one
Old 07-29-08, 11:49 AM
sclx
Rookie

I have both the VAIS Ipod adapter and factory XM kit installed in my IS-F. Both work together fine - the Ipod songs show up as a CD Changer.

I'm also wiring up the "NAVI/TV" unit that allows input for phone, MP3 folders, and address input while the car is moving. Mainly so my wife can input while I'm driving - or search for a place to eat, without having to stop.

Desi
Old 07-29-08, 11:54 AM
sclx
Rookie

Oh also, I don't believe any of the Ipod connections, VAIS included, work with an iPhone. I just decided to buy a refurb 80GB iPod from Apple for $209 and put it in the glove box and leave it there. I only take it out if I want to add more songs.

Desi
Old 07-29-08, 12:01 PM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

uh oh i hope it works with the new iphone .. i also plan on getting the nav override... been too lazy to call
Old 07-29-08, 01:52 PM
larrysb
Driver

How about if you add the factory XM module, does that disable the AUX input in the console?
Old 07-29-08, 02:13 PM
VelvetBlue
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by larrysb
How about if you add the factory XM module, does that disable the AUX input in the console?
No it doesn't.
Old 07-29-08, 05:22 PM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by CaThaFeR
uh oh i hope it works with the new iphone .. i also plan on getting the nav override... been too lazy to call
3G iPhone can only be charged through 5V (USB). SL2i now gets a little modification, SL2i-UP which has all appropriate cables to charge 3G iPhone and other iPod through 5V. Customers who don't need universal 5V charging, can still get SL2i.

Please make sure to get SL2i-UP if you are using 3G iPhone.

SLi and SL2Vi will get their adapters in about a month. You can still use it with either one of those units, it will just not charge it.
Old 07-29-08, 07:01 PM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Originally Posted by VaisTech
3G iPhone can only be charged through 5V (USB). SL2i now gets a little modification, SL2i-UP which has all appropriate cables to charge 3G iPhone and other iPod through 5V. Customers who don't need universal 5V charging, can still get SL2i.

Please make sure to get SL2i-UP if you are using 3G iPhone.

SLi and SL2Vi will get their adapters in about a month. You can still use it with either one of those units, it will just not charge it.
so the SL2Vi-P4 won't charge the 3g iphone but it will play the music from it and videos?
Old 07-30-08, 09:30 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

so the SL2Vi-P4 won't charge the 3g iphone but it will play the music from it and videos?
Correct. And then in about a month you will be able to get an adapter from us that will allow you to charge your iPhone 3G.
Old 08-16-08, 09:21 AM
nickywaldo
Driver School Candidate

I have a couple of questions.
If I would like XM and IPhone 3G audio and video, but do not want to lose the CD changer, what should I buy. If I have to give the Changer up, what would I buy?
Also, How to I enable the Nav, so I can enter a address when I am not stopped - or, more usually, my passenger can?

Many thanks,
Nick
Old 08-16-08, 09:22 AM
nickywaldo
Driver School Candidate

By the way - this is on a 1 week old IS-F
Old 08-16-08, 10:56 AM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Originally Posted by VaisTech
Correct. And then in about a month you will be able to get an adapter from us that will allow you to charge your iPhone 3G.

love the ipod system i got from you guys... let me know when that adapter is available

Originally Posted by nickywaldo
I have a couple of questions.
If I would like XM and IPhone 3G audio and video, but do not want to lose the CD changer, what should I buy. If I have to give the Changer up, what would I buy?
Also, How to I enable the Nav, so I can enter a address when I am not stopped - or, more usually, my passenger can?
you wouldnt need to give up your cd changer to have both xm and the ipod adapter...i have sirius and the vaistech and my 6 cd changer and it all works flawlessly
heres the instuctions on the speed sensor hack...already did this on my isf and it works great
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=254545

Last edited by CaThaFeR; 08-16-08 at 10:59 AM.
Old 08-16-08, 08:15 PM
nickywaldo
Driver School Candidate

Awesome!!!! thanks for the help!
Nick
Old 08-17-08, 05:05 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

l-tuned told me it does work in the is-f.. i was going to order it but heard its horrible.. so im going with the VAIS one
What's horrible about it? Couldn't be happier with mine...

Originally Posted by sclx
Oh also, I don't believe any of the Ipod connections, VAIS included, work with an iPhone. I just decided to buy a refurb 80GB iPod from Apple for $209 and put it in the glove box and leave it there. I only take it out if I want to add more songs.

Desi
I can't speak for the VAIS, but the OEM Lexus iPod adapter works great with my iPhone (16GB).

Javier

Quick Reply: Lexus Ipod/Iphone adapter in the ISF? XM vs. Aux?