IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Headlights on the IS-F, too bright??

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-22 | 10:49 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Originally Posted by bakalag
I need to raise mine, I can only see at most 1 car length ahead of me.. nearly hit a few barriers on the freeway since they're doing a lot of construction on the interchanges and suddenly one lane is blocked off with a barrier.. but people in my area tend to drive with high beams on all the time, or just DRL only (mostly Nissans) at night...
The other thing to check is the ride height sensors that feed the AFS. If they're not set correctly you can get too high or too low or even AFS failure as some did early on with installing lowering springs and getting the linkage installed wrong.

Last edited by lobuxracer; 10-26-22 at 10:56 AM.
The following users liked this post:
bakalag (10-26-22)
Old 10-26-22 | 11:24 AM
footballpl
Pit Crew

I need to raise mine, I can only see at most 1 car length ahead of me.. nearly hit a few barriers on the freeway since they're doing a lot of construction on the interchanges and suddenly one lane is blocked off with a barrier.. but people in my area tend to drive with high beams on all the time, or just DRL only (mostly Nissans) at night...
I had to do the same. I replaced my bulbs at the same time because they were original and super dim.
bakalag (10-26-22)
Old 10-26-22 | 04:13 PM
bakalag
Intermediate

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
The other thing to check is the ride height sensors that feed the AFS. If they're not set correctly you can get too high or too low or even AFS failure as some did early on with installing lowering springs and getting the linkage installed wrong.
I had them raised and are set at max high but the lights readjusted barely anything ,like less than 1/2 inch higher now, might have to go from the front too. Will figure it out later, currently my new Diode Dynamics Elite yellow fogs work better than the OEM HID headlights sadly xD.
Old 10-26-22 | 06:35 PM
footballpl
Pit Crew

I had them raised and are set at max high but the lights readjusted barely anything ,like less than 1/2 inch higher now, might have to go from the front too. Will figure it out later, currently my new Diode Dynamics Elite yellow fogs work better than the OEM HID headlights sadly xD.
I was in the same place lol. Properly adjusted headlights and better bulbs will fix you up.
Old 10-27-22 | 08:43 AM
bakalag
Intermediate

Originally Posted by footballpl
I was in the same place lol. Properly adjusted headlights and better bulbs will fix you up.
What bulbs did you go with? I've had annoying experiences with HID reliability in the past whether it's $20, $40, or $150....
Old 10-27-22 | 09:40 AM
footballpl
Pit Crew

What bulbs did you go with? I've had annoying experiences with HID reliability in the past whether it's $20, $40, or $150....
I have Osram Cool Blue Intense Next Gen, aka CBN. Great output and a nice 4500k-5k color. Osram Nightbreaker is great too if you want stock 4300k headlight color.

IMO get good bulbs and from a legit source or don't bother, too many crappy knockoffs out there. I get all my Osram and Diode Dynamics from Lightwerkz and have had great experiences and they have the best prices.
bakalag (10-27-22)
Old 10-27-22 | 10:54 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

That's not good. They should be adjusted to midrange at normal ride height, and the headlights themselves properly aimed. It's really bad to use the AFS to aim the headlights. The sensors should look like this at normal ride height:

Last edited by lobuxracer; 10-27-22 at 11:13 AM.
bakalag (10-27-22)
Old 10-28-22 | 02:07 PM
psf1
7th Gear

Originally Posted by ub2slow2
Has anyone else noticed this. While driving on the highway at night the last two trips I took, I would say at least 80% of the oncoming traffic I meet flash me for my brights but they aren't on. I flash them back to let them know I'm on low beam and then the morons flip theirs on bright when they get close to me so I light them up with my brights too then. I've never had it this bad with any other car, even the IS-350. However my two night trips I've taken so far with the F and I get flashed at least 80% of every car I meet.

Just need to be adjusted.
Old 10-04-23 | 07:48 PM
mzT
1st Gear

Default Pissed & Blinded

Originally Posted by f=ma
Maybe you're driving are roads that don't have a lot of cars, so they look bright in comparison. BTW any donk who tries to flash me is gonna get some retina scaring from my high beams.
all these car makers did not take in2 effect that their upgraded lights will blind ppl with light sensitivity. elders of 50+ can’t drive at night because of this new headlights that Lexus Toyota and I think Infiniti are putting on their trucks.! The lights are way too bright. Nobody should need that. It looks like hard beams and it’s not and it is it is blinding me and other elders and people with light sensitivity whose idea was this because it’s like this new generation is driving around with hot game zoning you’re not supposed to in the city therefore rule areas and when you see a car approaching you were supposed to turn them down I’m going to start a petition to regulate those lights and put them where it’s not blinding sensitive light folks like myself at night.
Old 10-04-23 | 11:00 PM
bakalag
Intermediate

I wish I had your problem... I adjusted the ISF using the height sensor and the front adjustment and got new HID bulbs, it's marginally better, my Diode fogs do a better job at illuminating the road.

Fixed the illumination distance issue on my IS350 by switching to HC Motion 21+ style triple LED.. lol but due to not 100% fitment wont be putting them on the F.

Everyone with new factory LEDs on new cars are super bright these days, and 20% drive with high beams at night, all Teslas/Hondas/Acuras are hella way too bright imo. I get ready to flash them back but realize they're on low beams -_-. easy to tell the halogen cars with highs most of the time though.
The following 2 users liked this post by bakalag:
ChpEng (10-08-23), footballpl (10-06-23)
Old 10-08-23 | 09:49 AM
ChpEng
Intermediate

Everyone with new factory LEDs on new cars are super bright these days, and 20% drive with high beams at night, all Teslas/Hondas/Acuras are hella way too bright imo. I get ready to flash them back but realize they're on low beams -_-. easy to tell the halogen cars with highs most of the time though.
All Tesla and multi-LED Honda/Acura beams have ridiculous amounts of vertical scatter. It seems that manufacturers in general do not account for beam pattern scatter due to dirty headlight covers.

And then there are the large SUV's which line up beams directly into all three mirrors of a lowered sedan. I did not recognize new-ish Tahoe LED marker lights in the rearview and got pulled over and given a warning for 45mph in a 35. Officer asked why I was driving so fast. I told him that his headlights were blinding me. Interesting, respectful conversation.
Old 10-09-23 | 04:45 PM
bakalag
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ChpEng
All Tesla and multi-LED Honda/Acura beams have ridiculous amounts of vertical scatter. It seems that manufacturers in general do not account for beam pattern scatter due to dirty headlight covers.

And then there are the large SUV's which line up beams directly into all three mirrors of a lowered sedan. I did not recognize new-ish Tahoe LED marker lights in the rearview and got pulled over and given a warning for 45mph in a 35. Officer asked why I was driving so fast. I told him that his headlights were blinding me. Interesting, respectful conversation.
Oh that's a good one, yea officer you were riding up on me and blinding me so I thought I was going too slow

some of those new SUVs are super tall with so many vertical rows of lights...