IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Headlights on the IS-F, too bright??

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-08 | 12:51 PM
ub2slow2
Driver

Default Headlights on the IS-F, too bright??

Has anyone else noticed this. While driving on the highway at night the last two trips I took, I would say at least 80% of the oncoming traffic I meet flash me for my brights but they aren't on. I flash them back to let them know I'm on low beam and then the morons flip theirs on bright when they get close to me so I light them up with my brights too then. I've never had it this bad with any other car, even the IS-350. However my two night trips I've taken so far with the F and I get flashed at least 80% of every car I meet.
Old 08-09-08 | 01:10 PM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ub2slow2
Has anyone else noticed this. While driving on the highway at night the last two trips I took, I would say at least 80% of the oncoming traffic I meet flash me for my brights but they aren't on. I flash them back to let them know I'm on low beam and then the morons flip theirs on bright when they get close to me so I light them up with my brights too then. I've never had it this bad with any other car, even the IS-350. However my two night trips I've taken so far with the F and I get flashed at least 80% of every car I meet.
Hmmm, never had this happen to me Did it happen in the same spots both nights or was it just all over town?
Old 08-09-08 | 01:12 PM
ub2slow2
Driver

not same spots and not in town. On highways. Didn't matter if it was on a hill or a corner or on a level straight stretch. It happens with almost every car I meet. I can't believe the lights would be out of adjustment on a brand new car. They seem set up perfectly for driving at night to me. I think they must just be bright as hell.
Old 08-09-08 | 01:20 PM
A.C Milan
Lead Lap

maybe they just need some adjustment
Old 08-09-08 | 01:33 PM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Maybe they know you and are saying hey That is really weird, do you have pics of your lights at night against a wall or something for us to see? You might want to call Lexus and see if anyone else is saying the same thing
Old 08-09-08 | 01:38 PM
LexusGSXR
Lead Lap

i drive a IS300 and i have HIDs.. i get flipped off and people flipping there brights at me.. i am on low beam too.. my brights is tooooo brights.. lol
Old 08-09-08 | 02:08 PM
f=ma
Lexus Test Driver
CL Folding 25,000

Maybe you're driving are roads that don't have a lot of cars, so they look bright in comparison. BTW any donk who tries to flash me is gonna get some retina scaring from my high beams.
Old 08-09-08 | 02:53 PM
Namir
Lead Lap

hmm thats pretty weird. Projector lenses shouldn't blind oncoming traffic regardless of how bright they are. The problem with HID's is when people with refractor lenses from halogen bulbs just buy HID kits and blind everyone.

My only suggestion would be to check the levels against a wall on a flat surface to make sure the left beam is lower than the right so you get that characteristic cut off pattern ____/------
Old 08-09-08 | 03:29 PM
ub2slow2
Driver

ok thanks for the tip. I'll check them to make sure they are ok and if not Lexus can adjust them when I do my oil change in a few months.
Old 08-09-08 | 04:59 PM
DevJ
Driver

Happens to me all the time, some people actually have the nerve to roll down the window, flip me off, and tell me to turn off my brights

freaking idiots lol
Old 10-21-22 | 08:50 PM
IsabRX450
2nd gear

Default YES!!! Finally I find someone with same issue.

Originally Posted by ub2slow2
not same spots and not in town. On highways. Didn't matter if it was on a hill or a corner or on a level straight stretch. It happens with almost every car I meet. I can't believe the lights would be out of adjustment on a brand new car. They seem set up perfectly for driving at night to me. I think they must just be bright as hell.
  • Yes, exactly my issue. More than half the cars flash me as if I had my brights on when I don’t. I flash them back as well to show them I don’t. I complained many times to my Lexus dealership but they say they checked and there’s no problem and also that there’s no way to adjust or dim the headlights anyway. It’s crazy that they won’t help me out on this and act as if I’m imagining things.
Old 10-22-22 | 09:01 AM
footballpl
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by IsabRX450
  • Yes, exactly my issue. More than half the cars flash me as if I had my brights on when I don’t. I flash them back as well to show them I don’t. I complained many times to my Lexus dealership but they say they checked and there’s no problem and also that there’s no way to adjust or dim the headlights anyway. It’s crazy that they won’t help me out on this and act as if I’m imagining things.
Headlights can most certainly be adjusted by aiming them down, there's an adjustment wheel on the headlight to do so. I'd give it a shot.
Old 10-22-22 | 11:19 AM
IsabRX450
2nd gear

Default Thank you

Thank you, I will. Not sure why the service people tell me it cant be done...
Originally Posted by footballpl
Headlights can most certainly be adjusted by aiming them down, there's an adjustment wheel on the headlight to do so. I'd give it a shot.
Old 10-23-22 | 08:26 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Any lights can blind oncoming traffic if they're not properly adjusted. Yes, there is unquestionably a procedure in the factory service manual to adjust the lights both up and down & left and right. Anyone saying there is not should not be servicing your car.
The following users liked this post:
bakalag (10-26-22)
Old 10-26-22 | 10:42 AM
bakalag
Intermediate

I need to raise mine, I can only see at most 1 car length ahead of me.. nearly hit a few barriers on the freeway since they're doing a lot of construction on the interchanges and suddenly one lane is blocked off with a barrier.. but people in my area tend to drive with high beams on all the time, or just DRL only (mostly Nissans) at night...

Quick Reply: Headlights on the IS-F, too bright??