IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Anyone else trouble with HaTeRs???!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-08, 10:29 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by ub2slow2
One time a week after I received my brand new 98 Vette we were at the mall and I parked at the very end of the parking lot, not a car with in 100's of feet and figured nobody would ever park next to me. Well I was wrong, we come out after a few hours and there is a fairly new decent car parked next to me. No reason to be, nobody else was parking anywhere near there and sure enough there was a door ding from them. They parked so freaking close and there was no need to. I had to squeeze into my drivers door. But before I did, I keyed the whole side of their car between my and them. Then I keyed A$$hole on their door. I also broke off their antenna and stuck it in their door. They knew exactly what they were doing and even though it cost me $300 to fix my door ding I'm sure it cost them $1,000's to fix their crap. So I hope they thought it was worth it.
I'll be sure not to park anywhere near your car. LOL. Just goes to show as I said earlier that it's best NOT to park away from it all, but chose a safe spot closer in. There are stupid people everywhere!
Old 08-19-08, 11:44 AM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

One time a week after I received my brand new 98 Vette we were at the mall and I parked at the very end of the parking lot, not a car with in 100's of feet and figured nobody would ever park next to me. Well I was wrong, we come out after a few hours and there is a fairly new decent car parked next to me. No reason to be, nobody else was parking anywhere near there and sure enough there was a door ding from them. They parked so freaking close and there was no need to. I had to squeeze into my drivers door. But before I did, I keyed the whole side of their car between my and them. Then I keyed A$$hole on their door. I also broke off their antenna and stuck it in their door. They knew exactly what they were doing and even though it cost me $300 to fix my door ding I'm sure it cost them $1,000's to fix their crap. So I hope they thought it was worth it.
heh you crazy man...lol
Old 08-19-08, 12:04 PM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

That is bada$$ I have no idea what I would do in that situation but it looks likes you did what was necessary
Old 08-19-08, 02:07 PM
TwiBlueG35
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ding is very difficult to avoid. But there are still a few cautions you could take while parking, at least that's what I do:

1. Avoid parking next to some very old vehicles, because these cars' owners dont' care about their cars as much, especially when you see the cars have been in accident but never been repaired. Also, those old american cars have long front and rear overhangs that are relatively more easier to scratch the bumpers of the car next to it.

2. Avoid to park next to coupe, since coupe usually has longer doors.

3. Don't park next to the cart collecting area, you know the carts for the supermarkets.

4. Don't park too far from the other cars, that would attract attention.

5. Try to park next to something new, doesn't have to be luxury car, but new cars like a o7 Camry is okay.

6. Don't put car cover on, hehe, the more you care about your car, and let people know it, the more they like to mess with it.

7. I rather choose the cars next to me than choosing an all alone space(no car next to it on both sides) and ended up having an inconsiderate person driving a huge thing who chose to park next to my baby.

8. If you see a car seat on the back seat, go away. Why? The parents have to carefully put their baby into the car seat and the door would open at the maximum wideness.

That's all I could think of, at least those are the ones I've tried to do so far. And so far so good. But I know one day my IS350 would get its first ding anyway, sooner or later, it is just a matter of time and a matter of how many dings you would get.

Last edited by TwiBlueG35; 08-19-08 at 02:14 PM.
Old 08-19-08, 02:23 PM
TinCan
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

NO RESPECT!!!
Old 08-23-08, 10:26 PM
ISFTwins
Driver

I feel your pain on the door ding, but that was kind of overkill, eh?
Old 08-25-08, 02:52 PM
ub2slow2
Driver

might have been but I don't care as they obviously did it on purpose. Paybacks a biotch lol.
Old 08-25-08, 04:22 PM
huddleston
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 13 Posts

just hire someone to stand by your car at all times.
Old 08-25-08, 06:19 PM
larrysb
Driver

Buy a second car, a beater, for going to Walmart and other crappy places. The kind of thing people in nice cars try to avoid parking next to.
Old 10-08-08, 12:17 PM
bigcory
Lead Lap

I ran into some haters just last week on the road. I'm in the middle lane and pull up so my front bumper is to the middle of the door on the car in the left lane. Homeboy rolls down the back window where he is sitting and starts jabbering away talking **** to his homie in the car behind him. I couldn't really say **** since it was me by myself vs three vato's. Wish i had a bat though.

Why they gotta hate a guy for pushin a 430....
Old 10-08-08, 03:02 PM
timeToy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since then that guy has keyed 100's of Vettes... All Vettes owners can thank you for it.
Old 10-12-08, 11:39 AM
F BOMB
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Experienced my first haters. Yay! Nightclub with valet service, no less.

This morning I discovered two cigarette burn marks in the roadblock film. They snuffed them out on the bumper and trim between grille and headlight. The bumper like it could be worked out. The trim looks like the cherry penetrated.
Old 10-12-08, 01:09 PM
Scythe
Lead Lap

i moved to orlando for school, the rear side drivers door was keyed the third night i was there... welcome to florida =)