IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Anyone else trouble with HaTeRs???!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-08, 07:07 PM
dbastidas0
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Anyone else trouble with HaTeRs???!!

I am so pissed right now... I have about 4 blemishes on my car and none of them were caused by me.. today right after I washed my car at my girlfriends house, I drove to my friends house to hang out. As soon as I left my friends house I see two huge key marks across the back of my drivers side rear door. I was like WTF!!! Last week someone (I assume while backing up)... scratched the hell out of the top of my wheel fender in the driver rear side...and it is pretty big... and the first month I had it someone did the same thing in the front of that SAME side...

I mean I have never had such problems with any of the cars Ive ever had..and they were the previous gen IS and were new at the time. I mean the first couple things that happened I was like ok, maybe the person didnt see me when I was parked or whatever...but today BLEW ME OVER THE TOP... someone saw a nice and clean silver IS-F and decided, hey let me key that ****!!!! what satisfaction do you get out of that..

anyways sorry for this post being so long, I just wanted to express how I feel and how angry it got me....but what goes around comes around....hopefully.

by the way I am in south florida, pembroke pines area to be exact..anyone else have similar problems in your hometown?
Old 08-15-08, 07:35 PM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

damn...so sorry man...I am paranoid when I park my car around thinking that it will get keyed...but the best way is just to park it where you think will be safe and don't attract too much attention...
Old 08-15-08, 08:36 PM
suicidesam
Lexus Test Driver

i remember when my g35 was 4 days old my bosses 83 year old father door dinged my drivers door! what was i going to do? then a week later i'm driving and someone shots the same door with a b.b. gun! i've learned the more you take care of it the more someone else will *** it up for you. just my $0.02
Old 08-15-08, 08:36 PM
albert_23
Pole Position

sorry to hear that. i got keyed too on my previous car back in the school campus. It was crap, from the front door all the way to the back.
Old 08-15-08, 09:08 PM
foup
Driver

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully your insurance can cover it under vadalism. I never park in areas of high foot traffic and either hide the car as much as possible or leave it in full view of people. When my previous car got keyed the insurance paid for the repair (paint+coat), with no point but I just had to pay the deductible. Good luck fixing the damage.
Old 08-16-08, 07:59 AM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that! Scratches, dings, and key marks suc*!! I haven't had it happen to me yet in the F, I always tend to park way out in a parking lot and somehow always end up coming out of a store or where ever I am to find someone parked on either side of me. I always walk around the car and check my doors and body to make sure no one did anything to it
Old 08-16-08, 09:14 AM
gs2isf
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I THINK IT'S NOT CRAZY TO ASSUME some PEOPLE TEND TO BE HATERS AS I HAVE EXPERIENCED THIS WITH SOMEONE I THOUGHT WAS A FRIEND TURNS OUT
HE TALKS SMACK ABOUT MY CAR WHEN I'M NOT AROUND CALLING IT A "COROLLA" BTW THIS GUY DRIVES A BMW THAT HAS BEEN IN THE SERVICE BAY
SINCE DAY 3
ANYWAY YOU SHOULD GO A LITTLE OUT YOUR WAY TO KEEP YOUR CAR IN GOOD CONDITION,I GO AS FAR AS NOT ALLOWING ANYONE WITH JEAN SIT IN MY CAR (I HAVE ALPINE WHITE INTERIOR) AND IF I DON'T APPROVE WHAT THIER WEARING I'LL TAKE OUT A PAIR OF WINDBREAKERS OUT OF THE TRUNK AND TELL THEM TO PUT THEM ON
Old 08-16-08, 09:38 AM
RI-Lex
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

with the IS-F you should expect many haters, just park futher out, check the car every time you return after parking it somewhere, don't let peopl lean on the paint, and the dude calling your car a "corolla" is problably the one F'ing it all up.
Old 08-16-08, 09:59 AM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

I just accept it. It's just what comes with the territory when owning a nice car.
Old 08-16-08, 11:02 AM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i havent come across any haters yet <knocks on wood> sorry to hear about your baby getting hated on, that really sucks
Old 08-16-08, 12:15 PM
dbastidas0
Driver

well i appreciate the sympathy pains..and I will definitely be a lot more cautious of where I park (not that I wasant before) and definitely check my car when I come back from anywhere for marks( that I might of been slack on)..
Old 08-17-08, 03:28 AM
f=ma
Lexus Test Driver

the secret is to never wash your car.
Old 08-19-08, 09:30 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

The secret is to NOT park way out in a parking lot. This technique I have noticed draws attention and there are those people who will intentionally park right next to you out of spite. My suggestion is to pick spots that only one car can possibly be parked next to you and then park as far away from the neighboring spot as possible. I tend to look for those islands in parking lots and park up next to them.

Last edited by caymandive; 08-19-08 at 10:00 AM.
Old 08-19-08, 10:11 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used to park far way and low and behold someone parks their car right next to mine. I park closer to where ever I go and near a group of cars not to draw attention.
Old 08-19-08, 10:25 AM
ub2slow2
Driver

One time a week after I received my brand new 98 Vette we were at the mall and I parked at the very end of the parking lot, not a car with in 100's of feet and figured nobody would ever park next to me. Well I was wrong, we come out after a few hours and there is a fairly new decent car parked next to me. No reason to be, nobody else was parking anywhere near there and sure enough there was a door ding from them. They parked so freaking close and there was no need to. I had to squeeze into my drivers door. But before I did, I keyed the whole side of their car between my and them. Then I keyed A$$hole on their door. I also broke off their antenna and stuck it in their door. They knew exactly what they were doing and even though it cost me $300 to fix my door ding I'm sure it cost them $1,000's to fix their crap. So I hope they thought it was worth it.

Quick Reply: Anyone else trouble with HaTeRs???!!