IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

IS350 rear wheels on IS-F fitment (Ready to race)

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-08, 04:42 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ToothDoc
I've been driving around in mine for a couple of days
ToothDoc do you give your patients n2o and sell them snake oil also?

How can you be riding around on yours for a couple of days when in post #28 (11/6/08 at night) you are acting like you know nothing about them and commenting on how they look as if you have never seen them?

Originally Posted by ToothDoc
They look sooo smooth. Almost bald. Looks like the MTs don't have the rim protectors (the extra rubber padding on the edge to protect the rim). How are they hooking up for you?
did I miss something here?
Old 11-08-08, 07:45 PM
ToothDoc
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL Yeah, I was going to try to hide the fact I had them and give you guys a surprise after my next dragstrip runs. I'm breaking them in right now to make sure that the contact patch is nice and even for 32 psi. I won't be changing PSI for the dragstrip. I actually got them from ebay for $420 the first day caymandive mentioned them and had them mounted early this week. I also got 2 more rims - same rims as my winters - RE30s but this time I got 9" wide and put my winter 255s on them and put the 245 MT on the 8 1/2" wide rims. Even yet, the rims kinda stick out of the sidewall - I'm thinking I should've put the 245s on 8" rims. Too bad the drag radials don't have TPMS - I have two sets - one for the 19" PS2 and one for the 18" winters. The drag radials have noTPMS but as long as I drive less than 10 miles and keep the spare tires close to the car when I start it up every morning, the TPMS sensors don't go off!

Regarding my dental office - we don't do N2O and I don't sell snake oil. LOL But I do have another doc working for me and 3 hygienists. Business is doing alright - but the patient 90 day past dues have been skyrocketing these days due to the economy/lost jobs, etc. I don't think I made any money in the last 2 months (besides paying bills).

BTW, the associate doctor also has a black IS - IS250 awd. It's kinda cute when we park our cars together. A His and Hers black IS 250 and IS-F side by side.
Old 11-10-08, 07:12 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

I got to try out the tires at the track yesterday for the MIR World Cup Finals and though it was a real ****ty day. (14 hrs and only 3 runs!) I can tell you these tires will hook no matter what tire pressure you run. Even with 36psi! I bogged on my first run (10:30am) and only got a 2.09 60' with a 12.8@112 run. On my second run (4:10pm) it had warmed up and I once again had a slight bog and ended up running a 12.7@112.5x. So get this.....6hrs later around 10pm I am lined up against a TransAM WS6 with a dial-in of 12.49. The temps have fallen to 49F and I had a dial-in of 12.49 as well. Instead of my usual just punching it off the starting line I brake torqued to about 2000rpm and just nailed my launch and was neck to neck and pulling on the TransAm at around the 1000ft mark. Sure enough when I go to pick up the time slip they gave the win to him (maybe I got a red-light) and the slip didn't have our car numbers on it!!!!! I said where is MY timeslip because this one is clearly not mine and it doesn't have my car number or times that look anywhere close to what I run. He said sorry the system must be messed up and I got eliminated!!!!! Man I was so friggin angry I took the wrong slip and crumbled it up and threw it back at the guy and went home.

14 hours, $40 and only 3 runs! I was NOT a happy camper.
Old 11-10-08, 08:52 AM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

hehe sounds like my day at imports vs. domestics last year at ennis. Thus, why i am not going back. 14hrs at a drag strip gets old quick. especially when a car breaks down and they have to clean the track. argghhhh. hehe road racing is much much more fun.
Old 11-10-08, 10:21 AM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by caymandive
I got to try out the tires at the track yesterday for the MIR World Cup Finals and though it was a real ****ty day. (14 hrs and only 3 runs!) I can tell you these tires will hook no matter what tire pressure you run. Even with 36psi! I bogged on my first run (10:30am) and only got a 2.09 60' with a 12.8@112 run. On my second run (4:10pm) it had warmed up and I once again had a slight bog and ended up running a 12.7@112.5x. So get this.....6hrs later around 10pm I am lined up against a TransAM WS6 with a dial-in of 12.49. The temps have fallen to 49F and I had a dial-in of 12.49 as well. Instead of my usual just punching it off the starting line I brake torqued to about 2000rpm and just nailed my launch and was neck to neck and pulling on the TransAm at around the 1000ft mark. Sure enough when I go to pick up the time slip they gave the win to him (maybe I got a red-light) and the slip didn't have our car numbers on it!!!!! I said where is MY timeslip because this one is clearly not mine and it doesn't have my car number or times that look anywhere close to what I run. He said sorry the system must be messed up and I got eliminated!!!!! Man I was so friggin angry I took the wrong slip and crumbled it up and threw it back at the guy and went home.

14 hours, $40 and only 3 runs! I was NOT a happy camper.
Based on your recap, I'm glad I sat this one out. Did you really bean the guy with your crumbled timeslip? 'Cause that's hilarious.
Old 11-10-08, 10:22 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by montgb
Based on your recap, I'm glad I sat this one out. Did you really bean the guy with your crumbled timeslip? 'Cause that's hilarious.
Yeah you should be glad you sat this one out. I wish I had too and yes I did.
Old 11-10-08, 10:40 AM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

What time do you think you ran on the last. Or what did the TA run? BTW 3 runs / not bad ....j/k Done better than me tho
Old 11-10-08, 11:16 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by HKS350
What time do you think you ran on the last. Or what did the TA run? BTW 3 runs / not bad ....j/k Done better than me tho
I have no clue what the TA ran and honestly I don't think he even knew or cared since he was given the win. I'm pretty certain my run would have been either a solid 12.4 or maybe even a 12.3x with what felt like a good 1.8x 60'. The car felt strong and the launch was the best I'd had so far. Maybe someone caught it on video that may show up one day.