IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

is-f brand new 57k out the door

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-08, 01:13 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by UZ214
Put 5000$ down, traded rx330 in, got almost 1k out of that so 6000 down, sales tax i paid on the balance of the isf and trade which around 1246$ i think..they had maybe 12 isf on their lot and we bought 2 from them..
That's all I needed to know. Thank you for your clarification.

The thread title should be edited from "is-f brand new 57k out the door" to "is-f brand new 57K out the door plus trade and down payment".
Old 08-28-08, 01:14 PM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

and yea delaware tax is only Delaware has a 2.75% or soo
Old 08-28-08, 02:18 PM
nuttybar08
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
BS because people love to say what they got but they don't disclose the terms of how much down they actually put down or if they had a trade involved or etc.

Just trying to save the grief to our members that go into a dealership and waste their time. Then they complain why they hate X dealership because they didn't get the deal that member X got on CL. I hear it from friends almost everyday that are in the industry... "oh man I got another one of your CL members asking for unreasonable pricing because they saw it on CL".
It's a fact that internet war stories often leave out important details so I have to agree with you. My basic contention is that there are some very good deals to be had IF you are willing to travel, because as you said "X dealership" in a certain market may not play ball. It's almost exactly the same story with M3's, and it's highly region-dependent. In my case, $57K (max) OTD all cash no trade should be highly doable...
Old 08-28-08, 02:22 PM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

either way i am happy, got an IS_F
Originally Posted by nuttybar08
It's a fact that internet war stories often leave out important details so I have to agree with you. My basic contention is that there are some very good deals to be had IF you are willing to travel, because as you said "X dealership" in a certain market may not play ball. It's almost exactly the same story with M3's, and it's highly region-dependent. In my case, $57K (max) OTD all cash no trade should be highly doable...
Old 08-28-08, 02:40 PM
nuttybar08
Driver

+1 to that. Hopefully I'll be in the same boat in a couple of months.
Old 08-28-08, 06:14 PM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

I think the OP did get a good deal, but nothing extraordinary. It was just misleading because the Delaware sales tax is sooo low, so the OTD price is also very low. You guys are very lucky. In CA it's almost 4x that!
Old 08-28-08, 06:45 PM
larrysb
Driver

So how much did you pay OTD and what was the sticker price of your ISF? I call 57K OTD BS.
I don't. I got a good deal in California, but the OTD was higher due to the higher fees and taxes here. I call OTD the price negotiated on the vehicle itself, any dealer add-ons, + TT&L. That's OTD. My all-in on the new car was well under MSRP.

The value of a trade or amount down/financed is a separate transaction.

Depending on the equipment in the car and the local taxes/fees, $57k certainly possible.

On the dealership question, I walked on one dealership because they didn't deal where I wanted. The second was more willing to play ball, but I still had to haggle with them a while.
Old 08-29-08, 07:19 AM
Salil022
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Larry is correct....IS-F sale price was $57 and then UZ put down $6k (trade+$5kcash) and it came out to be $53k in change after tags
Old 08-29-08, 08:36 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by Salil022
Larry is correct....IS-F sale price was $57 and then UZ put down $6k (trade+$5kcash) and it came out to be $53k in change after tags
Actually if this was figured out to my knowledge, $61K sticker, $6k down = $55K price. Roughly $2k for TT&L which equates to the $57K OTD price.

OTD price is the sale price of the car and TT&L. Down payment and trade is irrelevant to the "OTD" price as everyone will put down a different amount as a down payment or have +/- equity in their trade.

Edit: People are getting rougly near or at invoice price which is about $54K. Here in CA, OTD price (no down/no trade), is around $59-$60k after TT&L.
Old 08-29-08, 09:46 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 165 Likes on 112 Posts

Actually if this was figured out to my knowledge, $61K sticker, $6k down = $55K price. Roughly $2k for TT&L which equates to the $57K OTD price.
So what is the deal here? The OP seemed to pay for MSRP. I was totally misled.
Old 08-29-08, 10:04 AM
Salil022
Instructor

MSRP is 61xxx and OTD price varies from state to state as taxes are different!!
Old 08-29-08, 11:49 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by GoHuskers
So what is the deal here? The OP seemed to pay for MSRP. I was totally misled.
That should be about right for MSRP. If you think about it, that really wasn't a deal because if they dealed on invoice price, the OTD price should have been:

$55k (invoice) - $6k (down+trade) = $49.

$49K+ $2k (Delaware TT&L) = $51 OTD roughly.
Old 08-29-08, 11:57 AM
Salil022
Instructor

$57k is a good deal on east cost here since lots of dealers around here are not willing to budge...We've found another dealer willing to give away IS-F for $56k but not enough on the trade in...So after you look at the final numbers...Cherry hill gave us better #s
Old 08-29-08, 01:55 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by Salil022
$57k is a good deal on east cost here since lots of dealers around here are not willing to budge...We've found another dealer willing to give away IS-F for $56k but not enough on the trade in...So after you look at the final numbers...Cherry hill gave us better #s
$57 is a good deal if you have $6k as a down payment off of MSRP back in February 08. But paying MSRP at this time of the year...not so much.
Old 08-29-08, 06:59 PM
larrysb
Driver

Why does the finance guy at the dealership wear a Rolex?

Because so many people who buy cars can't do math.

1st math question: How much is the car? This is the KEY number when buying a car. This is the one you FIGHT for.

2nd math question: How much are the required fees, such as TT&L.

3rd math question: How much are the documentary fees and stuff that the dealer put on to the paper?

The net sum of all this simple math is the Out The Door price of the new car.

Next set of math questions: How much for your trade, if any? This is the second number you FIGHT for.

The OTD price of the car, less the trade in, is the amount you're going to write a check for or finance. In some states, the trade-in value changes the amount of sales tax paid. In other states, it does not.

At this point, this is the end of the transaction and two questions have been answered:

1. What the out-the-door price was?
2. How much did I get for my trade in?

Financing, amount down and per month, hasn't got a damn thing to do with buying a car. You SHOULD ALREADY KNOW your interest rate, and monthly payment, how much you are approved for and geez, have a check in hand from your bank, credit union or other financing source to fill out and pay for the car.

This leads to a second question:
What kind of deal did you get on the loan?

And the only sensible answer to that is, "I got x.xx% for XX months!"

Seriously, if this is at all confusing, then you:

1. Have no business buying a new car, especially an expensive one.
2. Will emerge a financial victim from any car dealership you walk into.

This is a public service announcement brought to you from People Who Can Do Math.

Quick Reply: is-f brand new 57k out the door