IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

installed my sirius today...

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-08, 05:57 PM
rutiger
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default installed my sirius today...

perhaps this should go under the audio section, but i figured i'd post right here as i've seen a few people asking about sirius for their f. mods, move this if you want to.

thought i'd post here for future reference for people like me wondering how to install sirius in an is f. first off, this isn't a diy guide with pics. why? well, i'm lazy and inconsiderate. also, someone else already posted pics on how to remove the headunit and for the most part it applies to the nav in the is f. anyway, i ordered the kit and sharkfin adapter from tss radio. the sharkfin adapter connects in the trunk right side. peel back the carpet and it's 6 or so inches up from the amp. then i poked the cable through the little opening in the lower right corner by where the other cable harness runs through and then grabbed it by reaching between the rear right seat and plastic trim. ran it along the floor tucked under the plastic trim then ran it under the passenger seat and came out through an already present opening in the carpet. the only thing i removed to do this was the plastic trim on the front passenger door sill. i connected the appropriate cable to the back on the headunit and ran it under the ash tray then out from under the plastic trim in the center down to under the passenger seat. i would have preferred to also go under the carpet with this, but the cable wasn't quite long enough and i would have had to remove more trim pieces so i said f that. i had to remove the two front bolts for the seat in order to gain clearance for the cable connector to pass under the seat rail. both the sirius module and interface module are residing under the passenger seat. they're just loose right now, but i don't think they're going anywhere. if they start to shift around i'll velcro them down. activated it online in about 60 secs.

it took me ~5.5 hrs. i went slow and took little breaks here and there. at least 2 hours of that time was spent shouting random obscenities. honestly the toughest part was getting the center vent pieces out and then reassembling it when the little vent blades all fell out

it was kind of a pita, but i'd still rather save $350 and not have the dealer anywhere near my car.