IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Clearbra Part TWO

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-08, 03:49 PM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Clearbra Part TWO

i originally had AVERY film on my is-f..had it installed the day after i got the car in march and i just replaced every piece of it with CLEARSHIELD. my car is not garaged so the avery film lost all of its shine and was completely watermarked even tho my car is washed once every week and has been waxed once a month since i got it. it looked horrible! i was told by my new clearbra installer that the avery film is only durable if your car is garaged 80% of the time, which i wish i had known beforehand because i had to pay a lot of money twice. i think a lot of people are using avery on the is-f because its pretty much the only company that has a sheet large enough to cover the entire hood in 1 shot. the clearshield brand i just got put on goes all the way up to where the hood starts to dip down at the top and then they cut another smaller piece to cover the rest. the seam is barely noticeable and im loving this new clearbra... its SO much glossier than the avery (clearshield has the thickest clearcoat of any of the clearbra films currently out), which is great for me because as i said my car isnt garaged this time around i did: full front bumper, full rear bumper, full fenders, rocker panels, headlights, fogs, backs of mirrors, and my lexon front lip and he has the precut doorcups on order for me because my nails are starting to scratch it up underneath the door handle. im much happier with the second guy who did my clearbra and i wish i had just gone to him to begin with. hes a master with clearbra film

in closing... anyone who gets avery.. if you want it to stay looking nice wipe the car off anytime after it rains and keep your car garaged or be prepared to be paying for a new clearbra in about 5 months.. oh and be very careful when wiping the car down because i noticed the avery film marked pretty easy too

here are some pics i just snapped outside hehe..hopefully i'll have my lexon front lip back on tomorrow... ooh and yes my photo skills still stink

Last edited by CaThaFeR; 09-16-08 at 05:21 PM.
Old 09-16-08, 03:54 PM
Little E
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You go girl! New clearbar and rockstar pink in the hair...you're on a roll this week.
Old 09-16-08, 03:56 PM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Originally Posted by Little E
You go girl! New clearbar and rockstar pink in the hair...you're on a roll this week.
i know!! haha and i got complimented on both this morning
Old 09-16-08, 04:06 PM
chikken
Lead Lap

nice cathy......what happen to that sexy front lip?? =)
Old 09-16-08, 04:15 PM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Originally Posted by chikken
nice cathy......what happen to that sexy front lip?? =)
when i first got it i was in a big rush to get it on for the shows... so i didnt have time to clearbra it... well after a few months of being on the car and not being wrapped it was a rock chipped speckled mess... and also i had not perfected the art of getting into driveways with my car lowered in the front hehe (its definitely lower than my 250 was).. so my body shop repaired it and repainted it and now it looks brand new again and is laying inside my car begging me to put it on
Old 09-16-08, 04:28 PM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

Nice ride! IMHO your car looks cleaner without the lip.

Two clearbra threads in one day.. I got this one confused with mine... I was like..hey how come my car magically has rims now! ha ha
Old 09-16-08, 04:31 PM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Originally Posted by primecut
Nice ride! IMHO your car looks cleaner without the lip.

Two clearbra threads in one day.. I got this one confused with mine... I was like..hey how come my car magically has rims now! ha ha

hehehe i didnt want to hijack your thread so i started my own

Last edited by CaThaFeR; 09-16-08 at 05:11 PM.
Old 09-16-08, 04:35 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Cathy- Just to give you the heads up in case you need a THIRD CLEAR BRA (haha, jk) - I believe Venture Shield offers a large enough roll just in case the clear shield doesn't work out for you.

Also, which clear bra shop did you go to? I'll get them added to the clearbrafilms.com list.
Old 09-16-08, 04:45 PM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Originally Posted by cliffud
Cathy- Just to give you the heads up in case you need a THIRD CLEAR BRA (haha, jk) - I believe Venture Shield offers a large enough roll just in case the clear shield doesn't work out for you.

Also, which clear bra shop did you go to? I'll get them added to the clearbrafilms.com list.
we discussed venture shield also because of its size but i would have ran into the same problem i had with the avery film... i think i'll be good with the clearshield being it has such a thick clearcoat on it.. my installer has had his clearshield on his truck for 5 yrs and it still looks awesome
his website is www.lorenzotint.com
Old 09-16-08, 04:58 PM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Dang Cathy, looking good as always!!

Can you post a pic of the Lexon front lip whenever you get the chance? I'm thinking about having one installed on my F and just want to see it on another car Did you get it from l-tunedparts.com?
Old 09-16-08, 05:07 PM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Originally Posted by BigMikeISF
Dang Cathy, looking good as always!!

Can you post a pic of the Lexon front lip whenever you get the chance? I'm thinking about having one installed on my F and just want to see it on another car Did you get it from l-tunedparts.com?
yup i actually turned them on to that lip and i was the first one to get it and install it heres some OLD pics of it on my car

Old 09-16-08, 07:18 PM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Dam*, looks like thats my next mod
Old 09-16-08, 07:49 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cliffud

yeah I have venture on the hood of the 997turbo but its not as shiny and durable as what cathy put on. I didnt want the seam, otherwise I would have gone with a different film on the hood. Its also garaged 24/7 and rarely goes out, so it doesnt need to hold up to as many elements...just road rash @ the speed limiter.

Cathy, looks great now that its all packaged up and clean. I TOLLDDDDD you to have Lorenzo do it the first time around, but noooooooo . Time to redo the lambo now.
Old 09-16-08, 07:57 PM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Originally Posted by 1loudLX
yeah I have venture on the hood of the 997turbo but its not as shiny and durable as what cathy put on. I didnt want the seam, otherwise I would have gone with a different film on the hood. Its also garaged 24/7 and rarely goes out, so it doesnt need to hold up to as many elements...just road rash @ the speed limiter.

Cathy, looks great now that its all packaged up and clean. I TOLLDDDDD you to have Lorenzo do it the first time around, but noooooooo . Time to redo the lambo now.
i knooooow i should have known the most convenient option would have ended up a fail in the end lol but now i know... only lorenzo for clearbra and tint
Old 09-16-08, 08:09 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Looks good Cat...I can barely tell the bra is there...

Did you go to Lorenzo's? the guy is truly a magician, I cannot recommend anyone else for tint or clearbra...

The car looks great, can't wait to see it in person...

Quick Reply: Clearbra Part TWO