IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Would any of the IS-F owners had considered a GS-F, if available ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-08, 03:09 PM
vrferrari
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would any of the IS-F owners had considered a GS-F, if available ?

Say...for any additional 6-8K base price and 450+ hp, would this type of car been even remotely attractive to the current crop of IS-F owners if it would have been available ?

I love the driveline in this car but wish it was in a GS form so I could have a larger interior space.

Just a thought.
Old 09-17-08, 03:13 PM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

.....nope
Old 09-17-08, 03:17 PM
vrferrari
Pole Position

Why ?
Price ? Looks ? What kind of car did you come from when you got your IS-F ?
Just wondering....
Old 09-17-08, 03:23 PM
houstonT
Lead Lap

Yea, I would....I need more interior space and a GS body with a 500 HP V-10, stiffer suspension, bigger brakes, 20" wheels and the IS-F tranny sounds soooo nice!
Peter
Old 09-17-08, 03:28 PM
vrferrari
Pole Position

Originally Posted by houstonT
Yea, I would....I need more interior space and a GS body with a 500 HP V-10, stiffer suspension, bigger brakes, 20" wheels and the IS-F tranny sounds soooo nice!
Peter
Hell, I would even accept a GS450h hybrid with the IS-F drive train in it with the IS-F brakes and interior. Put in the 600h drivetrain and get 438hp and 20+ mpg in city driving.

The parts are already there...

IS-F base price is 56K
450h base price is 55k

Give me a GS-F with a base of , say, 62k and I'm a buyer.
Old 09-17-08, 03:43 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

450hp would be horrible for gs-f, just look at competitions. if they do the gs-f, get 500hp

and if there is a gs-f, my guess is a relatively loaded one would be 80-85k
Old 09-17-08, 03:47 PM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Originally Posted by vrferrari
Why ?
Price ? Looks ? What kind of car did you come from when you got your IS-F ?
Just wondering....
i had an is250awd before my is-f. i absolutely loved my 250 except it was way too slow for me. the is-f is the perfect size and i think it is much sexier and sleeker looking than the gs IMO. i don't need a bigger interior because i also have an suv. the is-f is a perfect in between car compared to my other 2 and i wouldnt trade it for anything... well unless they come out with a faster F
Old 09-17-08, 03:47 PM
ub2slow2
Driver

no and here is why. I like the fact this is a great luxury car with lot's of power and speed. Now in a year or two when I get tired of this IS-F and I want a car for pure HP then I will probably move over to the ZR-1 Vette. Unless of course the Lexus concept car is out by then
Old 09-17-08, 03:54 PM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

So no one really considered GS450h? Did anyone drive one in comparison?
Old 09-17-08, 04:27 PM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Although it would be very interesting to see what type of engine they put in it as well as performance specs, interior and exterior design and transmission it came with, I love the IS-F and can't see myself in any other car right now.

It would depend a lot on how I felt when driving the car. I feel very connected with the IS-F and love everything about it from the interior and exterior to the breaking to the wheels to the exhaust. I'm not sure I would of considered the GS-F after driving it once. Then again, who knows, the GS-F might be the IS-F on steroids with more power, breaking, less understeer, etc. etc. but if it didn't put that giant smile on my face like the IS-F does every time I start it, I would say thanks but no thanks

Its going to be interesting to see if and when the GS-F would be released, I can't see myself trading in the IS-F for anything else any time soon
Old 09-17-08, 04:29 PM
vrferrari
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CaThaFeR
i had an is250awd before my is-f. i absolutely loved my 250 except it was way too slow for me. the is-f is the perfect size and i think it is much sexier and sleeker looking than the gs IMO. i don't need a bigger interior because i also have an suv. the is-f is a perfect in between car compared to my other 2 and i wouldnt trade it for anything... well unless they come out with a faster F

I understand and it your decision makes sense. The IS car fit your taste and had ample interior space for your needs. I'm wondering if you would have been coming from a GS class car (meaning space wise), if you would have given up the interior comfort for the performance aspect.
Old 09-17-08, 04:34 PM
vrferrari
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BigMikeISF
Although it would be very interesting to see what type of engine they put in it as well as performance specs, interior and exterior design and transmission it came with, I love the IS-F and can't see myself in any other car right now.

It would depend a lot on how I felt when driving the car. I feel very connected with the IS-F and love everything about it from the interior and exterior to the breaking to the wheels to the exhaust. I'm not sure I would of considered the GS-F after driving it once. Then again, who knows, the GS-F might be the IS-F on steroids with more power, breaking, less understeer, etc. etc. but if it didn't put that giant smile on my face like the IS-F does every time I start it, I would say thanks but no thanks

Its going to be interesting to see if and when the GS-F would be released, I can't see myself trading in the IS-F for anything else any time soon
Makes sense. Knowing this is all speculatory, but lets say for sake of argument the GS-F DID match or slightly exceed the performance aspects you sited above, along with being a roomier, more comfortable car. Would you have been willing to fork out an additional 8-10K for this hypothetical GS-F ?
Old 09-17-08, 04:46 PM
vrferrari
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rdgdawg
So no one really considered GS450h? Did anyone drive one in comparison?
Aaahhh...excellent point and I'm glad you brought this up.

I drove the IS-F while looking for a 450h, which my local dealer did not have.
The IS-F was a blast to drive and had all the audable and tactile pleasures you would expect and demand from such a car.....but... the back seat room was too tight. I currently drive a GS and have parents and family that come to visit often. Putting them into the backseat of the GS is easy and comfortable for them.

The current IS, while much roomier than it's predecessor, is still too small for me.

I drove a GS460 and a LS460L while there and to be honest, the GS460 car did not have the punch I was expecting. Why they chose to not put the direct injection 380 hp 460 engine in the darn thing is beyond me.
I hear that the 450h out performs the 460 car by a considerable amount, but I wanted to drive one first hand to see for myself.
Old 09-17-08, 04:50 PM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by vrferrari
Makes sense. Knowing this is all speculatory, but lets say for sake of argument the GS-F DID match or slightly exceed the performance aspects you sited above, along with being a roomier, more comfortable car. Would you have been willing to fork out an additional 8-10K for this hypothetical GS-F ?
If it was was roomier and more comfortable as well as exceeded the performance of the IS-F, I would sure consider it, but then comes the looks. I know this is all hypothetical but its hard to say I would purchase something without seeing it, know what I mean I would consider it though
Old 09-17-08, 04:51 PM
vrferrari
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rominl
450hp would be horrible for gs-f, just look at competitions. if they do the gs-f, get 500hp

and if there is a gs-f, my guess is a relatively loaded one would be 80-85k
If a hybrid gas/electric 450 hp car returned the same raw performance numbers as a 500 hp ice car, would you care ?
Would a 4.5 second 0-60, high 12 second, 110 mph trap speed, 20+ mpg city, 4 door sedan appeal to you ?

Quick Reply: Would any of the IS-F owners had considered a GS-F, if available ?