Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08' IS-F 0-120 mph with SRT intake video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uyscQ1LJOk
I am not sure if he's using the paddle shifters can guys comment on this
Old 10-03-08, 01:11 PM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

Doesn't look like the paddles were being used.. maybe full auto mode? But man that intake sounds mean. It definitely opens up at a much lower rpm than stock.
Old 10-03-08, 01:28 PM
tastemydus
Driver

Thumbs up I have been trying to tell people that all along

Originally Posted by primecut
Doesn't look like the paddles were being used.. maybe full auto mode? But man that intake sounds mean. It definitely opens up at a much lower rpm than stock.
It makes your car sound mean .. it isn't that whining sound you hear from most Hondas it is a deep deep rumble like you get from a Harley Davidson. I am telling you it is nice not to wait to hear the mean machine you are driving. Let people know from the line that you mean business and who gives a **** about driving around neighborhoods and waking everyone up. It is time everyone knows what the **** an IS-F is and it isn't going out without a fight.
Old 10-03-08, 01:41 PM
1LSsport
Driver

Originally Posted by tastemydus
It makes your car sound mean .. it isn't that whining sound you hear from most Hondas it is a deep deep rumble like you get from a Harley Davidson. I am telling you it is nice not to wait to hear the mean machine you are driving. Let people know from the line that you mean business and who gives a **** about driving around neighborhoods and waking everyone up. It is time everyone knows what the **** an IS-F is and it isn't going out without a fight.
Have you installed the SRT intake? What's the HP gain? And at what rpm can you hear the intake?
Old 10-03-08, 01:58 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by primecut
Yeah it's in Auto mode and he didn't even bother turning off the traction control which explains the slow start. Personally intake noises including this one sound odd and get annoying after awhile. I'd say if sound is what you are after then open up the exhaust.
Old 10-03-08, 02:23 PM
ngl1145
Lexus Test Driver

Outside video sound would be neat too!
Old 10-03-08, 02:28 PM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ngl1145
Outside video sound would be neat too!
Ya, I don't know why, but I'd like to hear it as well. It does sound mean but I'm waiting for an exhaust system and another intake that doesn't require soldering of wires
Old 10-03-08, 03:06 PM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BigMikeISF
Ya, I don't know why, but I'd like to hear it as well. It does sound mean but I'm waiting for an exhaust system and another intake that doesn't require soldering of wires
Same here. I want bolt-on mods without having to touch the ECU. Plus that intake is $$$.
Old 10-03-08, 05:31 PM
tastemydus
Driver

Talking Rent Movie Street Kings and Listen To The Dodge Charger Keanu Drives..

Originally Posted by caymandive
Yeah it's in Auto mode and he didn't even bother turning off the traction control which explains the slow start. Personally intake noises including this one sound odd and get annoying after awhile. I'd say if sound is what you are after then open up the exhaust.
By odd I hope you mean it sounds sick.. I know that it is hard for you guys to understand how good it sounds. The recording isn't doing it much justice but go rent that new movie street kings with Keanu reeves. The Dodge Charger he is driving has SRT stitched into the headrests and from the sound of it it probably has the SRT Intake because that car sounds just like the IS-F with the SRT Intake. Really I couldn't care if anyone buys it or not, but I listen to it every day and it sounds lot better then the stock one. I would definitely agree about getting annoyed with one of those high pitched sounds. But you don't get that with the SRT Intake. I can't Dyno it cause no Dyno in Guam so I can't comment on HP. There is another member on here who has it and says the same thing regarding his overall happiness with his purchase.. But I guess it is all personal preference.

Last edited by tastemydus; 10-03-08 at 05:38 PM.
Old 10-03-08, 08:19 PM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have it as well, it sounds great and I feel my acceleration slightly peppier. As for the soldering I had a professional do it since I am not mechanically inclined.
Old 10-04-08, 07:24 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How is your MPG now compared to stock intake?

Originally Posted by LexISguy
I have it as well, it sounds great and I feel my acceleration slightly peppier. As for the soldering I had a professional do it since I am not mechanically inclined.
Old 10-04-08, 07:48 AM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tastemydus
By odd I hope you mean it sounds sick.. I know that it is hard for you guys to understand how good it sounds. The recording isn't doing it much justice but go rent that new movie street kings with Keanu reeves. The Dodge Charger he is driving has SRT stitched into the headrests and from the sound of it it probably has the SRT Intake because that car sounds just like the IS-F with the SRT Intake.

SRT = Street & Racing Technologies. Chrysler performance group which tweaks standard Dodge and Chrysler products for added performance. Made their name with the Viper.

SRT = Swift Racing Technologies. A company that has focused on Lexus performance since early in its inception. Maker of the intake for the IS-F.

No relation.
Old 10-04-08, 09:43 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Damn that sounded mean...

I saw a sliver IS-F at the West palm airport last week.. It looked really good... Wish i could afford one...
Old 10-04-08, 10:52 AM
TherealFIG
Driver

Originally Posted by caymandive
I agree, when on the dyno standing towards the rear, there was nearly 0 exhaust tone, it was all intake. A nice exhaust note is what will light up you eyes IMO.
Old 10-05-08, 12:51 AM
tastemydus
Driver

Talking Thanks for the clarification

Originally Posted by Mr Johnson

SRT = Street & Racing Technologies. Chrysler performance group which tweaks standard Dodge and Chrysler products for added performance. Made their name with the Viper.

SRT = Swift Racing Technologies. A company that has focused on Lexus performance since early in its inception. Maker of the intake for the IS-F.

No relation.
Either way that sound that comes from his Charger is what the Lexus sounds like with the SRT Intake.

Quick Reply: 08' IS-F 0-120 mph with SRT intake video