IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Supercharged IS-F from 0-60 mag for SEMA

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-08, 03:41 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts

Originally Posted by LexISguy
Found this it's the supercharger and exhaust on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wm0z3ABhKAg
Yes... As seen in this thread.. post # 55
Old 10-15-08, 05:08 AM
tastemydus
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking That is sad you really believe my complaining is so effective

Originally Posted by ExclusivIS
Ay Men!
That it will keep a company from creating a new product and I should show these companies, who I am going to give large amounts of my money, respect. You guys get on my *** for *****ing but don't say a word about the companies that keep feeding us BS. Maybe if more people *****ed then they might get off their fat asses and design something. Just curious as to how long you wait before you finally say this company isn't coming out with ****? It is almost funny that my complaining, besides being annoying, scares you into thinking that it will cause a company to back out of a project. Let me see if I can find a tear for you all to show how sorry I am.
Old 10-15-08, 05:19 AM
tastemydus
Driver

Thumbs down Aren't most exhausts

Originally Posted by flipside909
Just because Greddy filed for Chapter 11 doesn't mean they're closing up shop. They're not gonna pull away a product that already has been made for a project car. If anything, it helps promote the brand image and bring them back in to the positive. It is tough times for all aftermarket companies and car manufacturers. Give them some credit here.

As far as SRT it has nothing to do with this thread. I would invite you to do a search on here an my.IS about their reputation. As for their exhaust for the IS F is concerned, it's nothing but a few mandrel bent piping and 2 universal Magnaflow exhausts. One of my friends had it on his IS F and it was quickly ditched for something else. Their exhaust sounds like sheit if you ask me.

"nothing but a few mandrel bent piping and 2 universal Magnaflow exhausts" When a better sounding one comes out let me know. It is that sort of pity that leads our government to continually bail out bankrupt companies. I will give them credit when credit is do. What have they done to deserve any credit.. stop with the pity it is shameful to see..
Old 10-15-08, 05:24 AM
DRE1615
Lexus Test Driver

Default Really??

Originally Posted by tastemydus
That it will keep a company from creating a new product and I should show these companies, who I am going to give large amounts of my money, respect. You guys get on my *** for *****ing but don't say a word about the companies that keep feeding us BS. Maybe if more people *****ed then they might get off their fat asses and design something. Just curious as to how long you wait before you finally say this company isn't coming out with ****? It is almost funny that my complaining, besides being annoying, scares you into thinking that it will cause a company to back out of a project. Let me see if I can find a tear for you all to show how sorry I am.

Not sure if this quote works here and maybe I'm out of line....but:

"Don't bite the hand that feeds you"

No aftermarket company wants to serve people with that kind of attitude. Greddy's financial status is none of your business, nor should it be a worry of yours. If you are so anxious to get en exhaust for some reason, buy the SRT exhaust or get exhaust cut-outs like some other members. And didn't you just post in the classifieds that you are selling your car and moving to cali??? I'm just grateful there are a handful of companies even looking at this Lexus. So I'll be happy to wait for a quality product.

Nuff Said.
Old 10-15-08, 05:29 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by DRE1615
And didn't you just post in the classifieds that you are selling your car and moving to cali???
Nuff Said.
And recently California has declared that it too is out of money.
Old 10-15-08, 05:48 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It's alive! Video of the Greddy S/C being fired up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wm0z3ABhKAg
Lets wait and see if it actually goes into production....They did the same thing for the GS430 and it never went anywhere. They put all that R&D into the S/C back then and looks to be the same if not very similar for the ISF from the pics.

I hope you guys get it but from all the reading and research I have done on the S/C for my car they just dropped the ball with it I am sure they had their reasons. IMO they are going to stick with the cars as they have in the past for Turbo or S/C set ups. Time will tell....

Does sound nice

I will also give SRT credit where its due for putting something together for you guys. They where the first and there will be many followers now. Its all preference and you cant go wrong with any of these companies. One will like the sound while another wont. I still think the exhaust on these cars is rather simple design where you can do what you want and while you are at it go with a TURBO and get really crazy and ditch the S/C.

Last edited by passnu2; 10-15-08 at 05:52 AM.
Old 10-15-08, 07:30 AM
dbastidas0
Driver

"nothing but a few mandrel bent piping and 2 universal Magnaflow exhausts" When a better sounding one comes out let me know. It is that sort of pity that leads our government to continually bail out bankrupt companies. I will give them credit when credit is do. What have they done to deserve any credit.. stop with the pity it is shameful to see..
one already has..the joe z sounds better
Old 10-15-08, 08:11 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

I've seen and heard a better exhaust, and it does yield very good numbers. Check around on this particular forum and you will see it...dyno charts included.

BTW, I think you might be a little confused about being bailed out and filing chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. Greddy took it upon themselves to file Chapter 11. The government didn't force them into that nor did they assist. If the gov't bailed them out, they would have given Greddy a monetary package to get them out of the hole. There's a difference.
Old 10-15-08, 08:25 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by passnu2
Lets wait and see if it actually goes into production....They did the same thing for the GS430 and it never went anywhere. They put all that R&D into the S/C back then and looks to be the same if not very similar for the ISF from the pics.

I hope you guys get it but from all the reading and research I have done on the S/C for my car they just dropped the ball with it I am sure they had their reasons. IMO they are going to stick with the cars as they have in the past for Turbo or S/C set ups. Time will tell....

Does sound nice

I will also give SRT credit where its due for putting something together for you guys. They where the first and there will be many followers now. Its all preference and you cant go wrong with any of these companies. One will like the sound while another wont. I still think the exhaust on these cars is rather simple design where you can do what you want and while you are at it go with a TURBO and get really crazy and ditch the S/C.
Unlike the 3GS and the Greddy S/C that was built for Sema last year, the IS F has potential and is a new car and a whole different following. The main reason why the S/C didn't go anywhere for the 3GS, it was offered way too late in the game (mind you the GS430 was only offered for 2 years and released back in February 2005). Since the GS460 already came out during the time the 3GS Greddy S/C was displayed (2 year old defunct model), it's already a lost cause. The 3UZ-FE is an old engine stemming back from the 3rd Gen LS430 back in 2001.The 3rd gen GS430 is such a small niche market, it's really not worth putting the money into. If you look at the sales numbers for the GS430, it was only sold in very small numbers and took a huge nose dive at the end of model year 2006 and trickled in sales for 2007. From a business standpoint, do you think its really worth dumping R&D money on a slow selling, older model? Nope.
Old 10-15-08, 08:38 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Unlike the 3GS and the Greddy S/C that was built for Sema last year, the IS F has potential and is a new car and a whole different following. The main reason why the S/C didn't go anywhere for the 3GS, it was offered way too late in the game (mind you the GS430 was only offered for 2 years and released back in February 2005). Since the GS460 already came out during the time the 3GS Greddy S/C was displayed (2 year old defunct model), it's already a lost cause. The 3UZ-FE is an old engine stemming back from the 3rd Gen LS430 back in 2001.The 3rd gen GS430 is such a small niche market, it's really not worth putting the money into. If you look at the sales numbers for the GS430, it was only sold in very small numbers and took a huge nose dive at the end of model year 2006 and trickled in sales for 2007. From a business standpoint, do you think its really worth dumping R&D money on a slow selling, older model? Nope.
I couldn't agree more with what you said. but they did already put all the R&D into it. If they had released it I would have pulled the trigger. I contacted them to see if I can get my hands on it and its dead in the water. I spoke with the Rep from Lexus a few weeks back and they want to push F-Sport and I told him I thought it was a waste and that it would never be worth the time and $$ put into it. Just doesn't make sense for them to do it. The demand just isn't there for the GS let alone the cost for those parts no one would buy them IMO. I guess will see in time where this goes. Its a tough market for everyone right now and I can only imagine the cost for this and how many will actually pull through. Is this why you are parting ways with all your parts from the GS?
Old 10-15-08, 08:45 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by passnu2
I couldn't agree more with what you said. If they had released it I would have pulled the trigger. I contacted them to see if I can get my hands on it and its dead in the water. I spoke with the Rep from Lexus a few weeks back and they want to push F-Sport and I told him I thought it was a waste and that it would never be worth the time and $$ put into it. Just doesn't make sense for them to do it. The demand just isn't there for the GS let alone the cost for those parts no one would buy them IMO. I guess will see in time where this goes. Its a tough market for everyone right now and I can only imagine the cost for this and how many will actually pull through. Is this why you are parting ways with all your parts from the GS?
F-Sport actually is selling quite well. The fact it is Lexus specific parts and there is a factory warranty to back it, it's a great all around package. It has the numbers to perform and at the same time retains the Lexus feel.

As for my GS, there's really not much else I want to do with the car, i've modded it to my tastes, but it sits in the garage most of the week. I have a company car to drive and a company gas card so it's a no brainer. To be honest, i've gotten bored with the GS. As for what's coming next...we shall wait and see.

Since we've pulled this way off topic, let's go back to talking about 0-60's SEMA car. Can't wait to see it at SEMA in a few weeks.
Old 10-15-08, 09:05 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Can't wait to see it at SEMA in a few weeks.
Agreed...

I'm actually looking forward to seeing all 4 of the IS-F Concept builds @ SEMA...

I'm anxious to see how they will all compare to last years "Project IS-F" concept build from Five Axis Design.

Joe Z
Old 10-15-08, 09:37 AM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Is anyone going to SEMA this year? I'm considering it provided a few things work out
Old 10-15-08, 11:40 AM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BigMikeISF
Is anyone going to SEMA this year? I'm considering it provided a few things work out
I would love to stop by...does anyone know the exact dates it is happening?
Old 10-15-08, 01:53 PM
DRE1615
Lexus Test Driver

ISF caravan anyone??? Man that would be fun cruising cross country in a pack of ISF's.

Quick Reply: Supercharged IS-F from 0-60 mag for SEMA