IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Completed R&D on PTS Dual Exhaust System Joe Z series & Joe Z Intake for IS-F

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-09, 06:25 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by LexISguy
cayman do you have a dyno chart showing that 39whp peak at 5700rpm.
Yeah from the 6th gear pulls (1:1) even with the noise from the dyno you can see that around 5700rpm the car appears to be making max power over stock. Hard to tell for sure, but it's between 35-40hp. The 5th gear non 1:1 runs showed a max of 27.6 at around the same rpm. What is most impressive about this exhaust is that it makes considerable power throughout the whole rpm band. Without seeing actual data from the dyno runs it appears that at NO point is the car making less than 15hp over stock.

Old 01-30-09, 08:46 PM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CrazyMPG
awwwww....no love for the Phat Monkey that used his car as the tester.... hehe
Thanks Crazy for letting Joe use your car, we all appreciate it

Originally Posted by ISFer
Good for you Mike......kudos.
Did the O2 sensors give you any grief or were they cake with the right tool?
Thanks Colin! The winter will be over soon then your going to have plenty of time to cruise in the F I didn't have any problems with the O2 sensors. My friend had the right tool in his shop so I used it and bam, it was off

Cayman, those are some serious gains! I've noticed quite a difference in pick up speed off the line and at higher speeds. Awesome stuff
Old 01-30-09, 11:07 PM
LEXUSF
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BigMikeISF
Thanks Crazy for letting Joe use your car, we all appreciate it

Thanks Colin! The winter will be over soon then your going to have plenty of time to cruise in the F I didn't have any problems with the O2 sensors. My friend had the right tool in his shop so I used it and bam, it was off

Cayman, those are some serious gains! I've noticed quite a difference in pick up speed off the line and at higher speeds. Awesome stuff

Thanks for the info Mike! i wanna say that your gonna be the reason my son will go to a local college! lol
Old 01-31-09, 12:03 AM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Hey crazy do you have the intake installed already, if so are you going to dyno your car to see how that two add to the whp.
yeah...Joe and I are planning to take my car to get dynoed with both the intake and exhaust soon at the same place we did the intake dyno and exhaust dyno with the same tech.
Old 01-31-09, 05:07 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Yeah from the 6th gear pulls (1:1) even with the noise from the dyno you can see that around 5700rpm the car appears to be making max power over stock. Hard to tell for sure, but it's between 35-40hp. The 5th gear non 1:1 runs showed a max of 27.6 at around the same rpm. What is most impressive about this exhaust is that it makes considerable power throughout the whole rpm band. Without seeing actual data from the dyno runs it appears that at NO point is the car making less than 15hp over stock.

Thanks cayman for the graph, how are you liking the exhaust?
Old 01-31-09, 05:10 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CrazyMPG
yeah...Joe and I are planning to take my car to get dynoed with both the intake and exhaust soon at the same place we did the intake dyno and exhaust dyno with the same tech.
Crazy looking forward to the dyno results, how much more whp will the intake give hopefully maybe 380whp SAE?

Last edited by LexISguy; 01-31-09 at 05:29 AM.
Old 01-31-09, 06:46 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Thanks cayman for the graph, how are you liking the exhaust?

I don't have the exhaust yet. Money is a bit tight at the moment as I'm preparing for my first kid in June. That graph I posted is from what CrazyMPG posted.
Old 01-31-09, 06:56 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

^ Congrads lol..that is why I got out of the IS and yours (ISF) not having the center piece is going to be fun if you need to take the baby let alone fitting the seat in their. The GS is better but its pretty close also. I known this is O/T but does anyone know if there is a way to turn the side air bags off in the rear of any of the Lexus models. I know its weight sensor in the front seat but there isnt anything that will kill them in the back is there??

Boy or Girl or Surprise?
Old 01-31-09, 07:01 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by caymandive
I don't have the exhaust yet. Money is a bit tight at the moment as I'm preparing for my first kid in June. That graph I posted is from what CrazyMPG posted.
Thats ok Cayman congrats on being a father which is more important than the IS-F. I wish you and your family the best.
Old 01-31-09, 07:06 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by passnu2
^ Congrads lol..that is why I got out of the IS and yours (ISF) not having the center piece is going to be fun if you need to take the baby let alone fitting the seat in their. The GS is better but its pretty close also. I known this is O/T but does anyone know if there is a way to turn the side air bags off in the rear of any of the Lexus models. I know its weight sensor in the front seat but there isnt anything that will kill them in the back is there??

Boy or Girl or Surprise?
It's a boy My friend has a 06 911 Carrera with the child seat in the back so I figure if he can do it then I sure the heck won't have a problem. Eventually we'll trade in the wife's Jetta for a a small SUV to haul the kid around with whatever else.

Hey Crazy, when you go back for another dyno why not try a mix of 100 octane to boost it up to an equivalent 93 octane. Just make sure you have the mix in your car and have driven it for at least a half tank before jumping on the dyno so the car has learned to not pull timing.
Old 01-31-09, 07:26 AM
LEXUSF
Racer

Congrats on the baby! My wife is due in a week!
Old 01-31-09, 07:27 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by DFLORES
Congrats on the baby! My wife is due in a week!
Wow congrats to you too! Seems like everyone I know is having a baby this year. Boy or girl?
Old 01-31-09, 08:23 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Wow congrats to you too! Seems like everyone I know is having a baby this year. Boy or girl?
Nice congrats lots of babies coming soon you guys were busy in 08. Not me my baby is the IS-F baby boy blue..lol.
Old 01-31-09, 08:49 AM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DFLORES
Thanks for the info Mike! i wanna say that your gonna be the reason my son will go to a local college! lol
Haha well then thanks....I guess

I'm excited to see the dyno with the intake and exhaust CrazyMPG

Congrats to everyone (Dlores and Caymandive) who is going to have children!
Old 01-31-09, 08:54 AM
timeToy
Lexus Test Driver

I do have a baby seat in the back of my IS-F, a Britax Boulevard, fits fine, and there is pretty of room for ingress and egress

Quick Reply: Completed R&D on PTS Dual Exhaust System Joe Z series & Joe Z Intake for IS-F