IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Completed R&D on PTS Dual Exhaust System Joe Z series & Joe Z Intake for IS-F

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-09, 09:14 PM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Believe it or not, the IS-F is louder than a Z-06. I drove them back to back, and the IS-F is a LOT louder with the stock exhaust. My friend said it makes his Z-06 sound like a Lexus.

If it's louder, then it's not going to be my cup of tea. Damn.
Really?!? On the outside? While listening to IS-F's at the track they sounded a lot quieter on the outside than they do on the inside. I wouldn't mind a slightly louder burble on the outside while inside a bit more exhaust noise, rather than intake noise, wouldn't be bad. All IMO.
Old 01-08-09, 02:46 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,062 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by MHP
What kind of dyno was that, and has anyone posted objective 3rd party results of their own? It's obviously not a DJ which would explain why the numbers are all over the place.

Seems like the baseline numbers of 333/327rw SAE are quite low compared to the other stock dyno's we've seen.
Looks like I missed a little bit of fun... But let me help clarify a few things...

The IS-F from the factory is rated with the following:
- Horsepower (Hp) 416 @ 6,600 RPM
- Torque (lb-ft) 371 @ 5,200 RPM
- Maximum Engine Speed (redline) 6,800 RPM
- 5th gear ratio = 1.231
- 6th gear ratio = 1.000

All Dyno's of the IS-F R&D car we used, were done Independently on a DynoJet, by SP Engineering here in So Cal....

- Which means when we go there, we hand them the key, their dyno tech tests the car and we stand by & watch. Which makes the results objective.

The 6th gear baseline run this IS-F achieved was 333 Rwhp & 336 Tq -> SAE Corrected
(Rwhp = rear wheel horse power)

As others have stated, many DYNO testing machines across the USA and abroad will vary in many ways... Even when the same brand is used.
The same can be applied from one IS-F to another.

For example here is "Automobile Magazine's" independent dyno test of the IS-F, from earlier last year in CA where only 91 Octane gas is available.
Coincidently, it seems they achieved 333 Rwhp as well.

The gains we posted for the exhaust only, were again approx. 22 rwhp on our R&D IS-F.
I will & do expect that number to vary from other IS-F's and Dyno's across the spectrum.

Unfortunately, it is not fair to others if you chose to post misinformation in other threads..

Thank You
- Joe Z

To All:
Please read the entire thread before posting a question or making a statement. There is a good chance your answer is on one of these pages or posts. Thank you
Old 01-08-09, 02:54 PM
LEXUSF
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Looks like I missed a little bit of fun... But let me help clarify a few things...

- 5th gear ratio = 1.231
- 6th gear ratio = 1.000

All Dyno's of the IS-F R&D car we used, were done Independently on a DynoJet, by SP Engineering here in So Cal....

- Which means when we go there, we hand them the key, their dyno tech tests the car and we stand by & watch. Which makes the results objective.

The 6th gear baseline run this IS-F achieved was 333 Rwhp & 336 Tq -> SAE Corrected

As others have stated, many DYNO testing machines across the USA and abroad will vary in many ways... Even when the same brand is used.

For example here is "Automobile Magazine's" independent dyno test of the IS-F, from earlier last year in CA where only 91 Octane gas is available.

The gains we posted for the exhaust only, were again approx. 22 rwhp on our R&D IS-F.
I will & do expect that number to vary from other IS-F's and Dyno's across the spectrum.

Unfortunately, it is not fair to others if you chose to post misinformation in other threads..

Thank You
- Joe Z

To All:
Please read the entire thread before posting a question or making a statement. There is a good chance your answer is on one of these pages or posts. Thank you
Nice post! i like the detail!
Old 01-11-09, 06:08 PM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Joe how is the intake coming along?
Old 01-11-09, 06:26 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,062 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by LexISguy
Joe how is the intake coming along?
Pretty good... Shooting for an Offical Release by end of this month...
Old 01-11-09, 07:08 PM
MHP
Pole Position

- 5th gear ratio = 1.231
- 6th gear ratio = 1.000

Thank You
- Joe Z

To All:

All you had to say was "91 octane", but the dyno info and rwhp explanation was great thanks. Last I checked questions weren't considered misinformation.
That was far from an objective test (though I don't doubt the numbers are real), regardless nice job. I can't wait to see what a full exhaust including longtubes will gain. Seems like breaking the 400rw barrier is going to happen sooner than later with an IS-F
I wonder what a MHP v2 ECU/TCU, Joe Z exhaust equipped F would make on 93/100. Might be close...

Last edited by MHP; 01-12-09 at 12:02 AM.
Old 01-12-09, 03:03 AM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

^^^^^^^^^ mmmmmmm that sounds so delicious
Old 01-28-09, 04:56 PM
oski83
Driver

Any updates for the Intake Release Date? And if its availa. to the masses, where & cost?
Old 01-28-09, 05:30 PM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I believe the intake will be available in the next two-three weeks or so. You have a PM.
Old 01-28-09, 07:11 PM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

it's coming soon guys! you guys better thank me and Joe since I've been meeting with him to make sure the Lexus IS-F JoeZ intake pipe is TOP NOTCH!!! haha...it isn't as easy as making a tube...you gotta make it RIGHT and idiot proof...haha
Old 01-28-09, 08:10 PM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CrazyMPG
it's coming soon guys! you guys better thank me and Joe since I've been meeting with him to make sure the Lexus IS-F JoeZ intake pipe is TOP NOTCH!!! haha...it isn't as easy as making a tube...you gotta make it RIGHT and idiot proof...haha
Thank you CrazyMPG and Joe Z for all of your hard work I can't wait to get mine
Old 01-28-09, 10:34 PM
550fresh
Rookie

any word on price and color options...
Old 01-29-09, 06:57 AM
ISF FAN
Pole Position

- 5th gear ratio = 1.231
- 6th gear ratio = 1.000

Thank You
- Joe Z

To All:
Clean and right to the point. Well done. Joe Z can you let me know where is your shop. I'm also interested in a mod intake. Thanks again.
Old 01-29-09, 07:09 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

What's really great about this exhaust on the IS-F is not just the peak rwhp posted of approx 22, but there are gains throughout the curve that are greater than 22 such as around 5700rpm there is approx 39 rwhp difference over stock!

Best bang for the buck on the IS-F is certainly this exhaust.
Old 01-29-09, 07:24 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

very cool james

Quick Reply: Completed R&D on PTS Dual Exhaust System Joe Z series & Joe Z Intake for IS-F