IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

anyone **** up their F yet

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-08, 09:45 AM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Other then having three nails in my tires at separate times, nothing yet (knock on wood)
Old 10-06-08, 12:42 PM
ISF FAN
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At 3k miles, a rock chip nicked my windshield right at the rain sensor. Two days later, the crack was 1.5 feet long. Lexus dealer wanted $900 to replace, so I took it to a independant...$330. I had to call the guy back 2 additional times due to increased wind noise from the front...I guess they forgot about the front lower seal.
Old 10-06-08, 03:37 PM
F BOMB
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dbastidas0
i have about 3-4 scratches on my car and all from haters...had a nail in my tire the other day,took it to lexus. They said i needed a new tire due to the nail being to close to the wheel wall. I had the tire rim warranty so I got the tire for free...(would of been 450 at the dealer.) Well the other day, I was washing my car and noticed that on the wheel that they put the new tire on...the rim was all scratched on the outside...the lip. I guess whoever was putting on the tire to the rim didnt know what the **** they were doing and scratched the whole outside edge of the rim!!!
The less people you let touch this car...the better.
I'm wondering if that's unavoidable with painted wheels. Dealer changed one of mine (Chicago pothole ) and I noticed it later. Not bad, but I wonder why not slip the tire from the inside. Maybe the width makes it different, what do I know.
Old 10-06-08, 04:03 PM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by F BOMB
I'm wondering if that's unavoidable with painted wheels. Dealer changed one of mine (Chicago pothole ) and I noticed it later. Not bad, but I wonder why not slip the tire from the inside. Maybe the width makes it different, what do I know.
It's totally avoidable and not acceptable. It you notice it right away I would advise taking it back and have them fix it for you. I've had tires put on OEM and aftermarket wheels and I always make sure they come back immaculate.
Old 10-06-08, 04:07 PM
FPR1939
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A friend of mine that has an IS-350 was able to get paint from Lexus that exactly matched the color of his rims. Has anyone contacted their dealer about geting spray touch up paint for their wheels? I dinged on of mine last week (at about 13k miles) and want to fix it. I, too, had to replace the windsheild. Price at the dealer was $1,300 with the rain sensor. Did the $330 windsheild have the sensor? Other than that, no problems yet.
Old 10-07-08, 02:49 PM
newzfirst
Driver School Candidate

It's funny, I had an independent guy replace my windshield through my insurance provider and things were fine until I bought the car to Lexus for a check up and Lexus notice I had an after market windshield. My car is lease so I need the "dealers" windshield since the windshield didn't have the Lexus logo on it so I had to call and have my insurance provider install the dealer’s windshield. While dude from the dealership was removing the after market windshield, the independent guy never put the any of the seals around the windshield plus he had glue all over the place. The independent guy did a really bad butch job on my windows so please be careful on who you use and watch those after market windshields.
Old 10-07-08, 04:51 PM
dkaplan435
Instructor

Originally Posted by djkhanvict
Valet never touches my car I dont trust them.. if they scratch stuff they say "we're not responsible sorry"
I haven't let a valet touch any of my car's for over 10 years, I'm proud to say! If I go to a restaurant that only has valet parking and there is no self-parking [where I won't get dinged] available I leave.
Old 10-07-08, 04:54 PM
dkaplan435
Instructor

Originally Posted by newzfirst
It's funny, I had an independent guy replace my windshield through my insurance provider and things were fine until I bought the car to Lexus for a check up and Lexus notice I had an after market windshield. My car is lease so I need the "dealers" windshield since the windshield didn't have the Lexus logo on it so I had to call and have my insurance provider install the dealer’s windshield. While dude from the dealership was removing the after market windshield, the independent guy never put the any of the seals around the windshield plus he had glue all over the place. The independent guy did a really bad butch job on my windows so please be careful on who you use and watch those after market windshields.
Speaking of windshields... I took my car to get detailed @ Turtle Wax (yea, duh). They apparently polished my windshield w/a buffer because when I got it back it had thousands of swirl marks / scratches.

After a lot of discussion, they offered to replace the windshield. I said, fine, Lexus. They said no, it's too expensive. I said Lexus glass or I'll sue, and I don't care what it costs. I said this in a very nice, but serious way.

At the end of the day, they purchased the windshield from Lexus and had their window guy install it. Lexus checked the installation, great job.

Moral of the story, never allow somebody to replace Lexus glass w/ non-Lexus glass. Just tell them the truth, and that is that when you go to sell the car or return the lease, you will be hit with the penalty for not having the right glass... and insist on it..
Old 10-07-08, 10:07 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexus999
to hell with that lol.... i got my plates and im not gonna put em on... red light cameras and speed cameras can kiss my hairy brown ***
well said!
Old 10-07-08, 10:08 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF FAN
At 3k miles, a rock chip nicked my windshield right at the rain sensor. Two days later, the crack was 1.5 feet long. Lexus dealer wanted $900 to replace, so I took it to a independant...$330. I had to call the guy back 2 additional times due to increased wind noise from the front...I guess they forgot about the front lower seal.
I'm reading about a lot of cracked windshields...did anyone buy the windshield replacement plan? or was i the only sucker? =(
Old 10-08-08, 09:22 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by dkaplan435
I haven't let a valet touch any of my car's for over 10 years, I'm proud to say! If I go to a restaurant that only has valet parking and there is no self-parking [where I won't get dinged] available I leave.
^^^ That's me right there!!!

I have done the same for the last 14 years with my 88' Mustang, 01' IS300 & now 08' IS350....

- Joe Z
Old 10-08-08, 09:50 AM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Just F Me
I'm reading about a lot of cracked windshields...did anyone buy the windshield replacement plan? or was i the only sucker? =(
I didn't even know they had a windshield replacement plan! I just got a small rock chip in mine today
Old 10-08-08, 10:04 AM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

when you get full coverage through your insurance company.. doesnt that usually include full glass coverage also? i know mine does and with no deductible
Old 10-08-08, 10:10 AM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

i got it, the windshield and the rims converge thru the dealer it cost me 999$... i think it was worth it
Originally Posted by BigMikeISF
I didn't even know they had a windshield replacement plan! I just got a small rock chip in mine today
Old 10-08-08, 10:47 AM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CaThaFeR
when you get full coverage through your insurance company.. doesnt that usually include full glass coverage also? i know mine does and with no deductible
That's what I thought... I just go through my insurance company as well. They have a separate claims process just for windshields. I have a minor deductible, though.

Quick Reply: anyone **** up their F yet